Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:06 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: R33 GTR
Few weeks back I was driving in the middle of a group of 8 cars comming home from work. An xr6 highway patrolman, decided to pull me over being the one P plater in the group for an "RBT" when i passed, he spent 15mins searching my car for defects (a diesel landcruiser), and even opened the KFC i had sitting on the front seat to make sure it wasnt drugs. Then when he couldnt find something, he eventually decided my number plates were to dust covered (i live on a dirt road) and gave me an obscured plate notice with $308 and 3 points off my licence. He then tried to provoke a response out of me calling me a ram raider and saying that i was driving off and not paying for petrol, and when i got right in his face, he informed me i was being filmed via a dash cam.

two weeks later i was driving through a 40kmph roadwork zone, two cars behind an xr8 drifting through the zone, waiting at the other end, was another highway patrolman, who let the xr8 go and again, pulled me over for an "RBT" and doing 42 in the 40zone because i was the only P plater in the group. This time i completely lost it, and got out of the car, right up in the officers face and yelled the crap out of him, using the previous incident and the drifting xr8 that went right passed him as examples of harassment. He let me go with a "warning" and 1 point left on my licence.

mrsil80 wrote:
im the ass-clown award winner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:40 pm 
T66

Car: Black S15 Spec R '01
thats sooo ghey man.

im gald im not on my P's at this time, they seem to be getting harrassed heaps due to a few poor driving indivduals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:44 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Gazelle - CA20E
kamakazi1122, oh my god, your so awesome man. I wish I had your confidence... .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:17 pm 
Quad T04

Car: XR4
that fucking sucks! Sorry to hear, you should take the ass hole to court for the first incident

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:41 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
If you're going to get fucked by the copper anyway (like you did in the first instance), ask them for their name and badge number. At least it gives you someone to complain about if you want to push harrassment.

From what I understand (and I am not a lawyer), a NSW Police officer refusing to identify themselves when asked is like an American cop not reading someone the Miranda Rights when they're arresting them - it gets you off. If its being filmed on a dash cam, you can get off on that "technicality".

Also, if its on dash cam, you could go to court and use it as evidence on the cop intentionally trying to bait you. Entrapment isn't illegal in Australia, but you might get something.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:59 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Yeah, he didnt introduce himself as an officer, and he wasnt wearing a vest, ive heard thats a big no for them to. I did get his name, after i had to read his name tag to get it, just not his badge number. I'm not sure on if the dash cams have audio or not, but ive already paid the fine so i guess i cant really do much now.

Still It's pretty dodgy, I mean, ark and i got pulled over on New Years and the highway patrolman was nice as trying to tell us all the loopholes on how to get out of it. But the southern area highway patrol are just dicks.

mrsil80 wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:32 pm 
T66

Car: granpa's jz83 cressida
i lost my license and a p-plater because i got pulled over without p plates. i only drove because the driver and 3 passengers where drinking and i wouldnt let them drive,i got 200m from the place we just left, was on my way to a servo to buy some p plates. got done for no p plates even though i passed rbt and i pointed out myself to the officer that i was going to buy some and that i only drove for fear of the other people drink driving, 28th this month i get my licence back.. oh sydney is such a lovly place. fucking cunts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:27 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
Hahaha, "on my way to the petrol station to buy some p-plates" as if :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:56 pm 
T66

Car: granpa's jz83 cressida
you'd be a shit cop....if i wasnt then why would i point it out that they wernt on even before they ask for my license, im an honest person you know this :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:03 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
Honest you may be, but you're also soft :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:21 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
that's also not a valid excuse,true or not. you're required to have them on the car whenever you drive it. you don't have any,you walk,that's the law. it may suck,but that's how it is.

highway patrol guys are often ego maniacs with a pretty loose grip on reality.
I had a run in with one driving an unmarked SS commode years ago. I got done for neg driving after avoiding a head on collision with said officer as he came around a blind bend in the middle of the road.
my control of my car prevented us from colliding.
he turned around and followed me for the next few kms. I didn't take the bait,as I had my suspicions that he was a cop. when it was clear that I wasn't going to do anything outside of the law,he pulled me over,and cited the incident where he nearly caused us to have an accident,and claimed that I was at fault and 'was going a bit fast around the bend',and charged me with that old chestnut,negligent driving.
fucker. I lost what little respect I had for the force that day.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:29 am 
T28 Hybrid

what is it they say, you dont be a highway patrolman and become a dick, you be a dick to become a highway patrolman.

Ark knows a certain cadet that when asked why he wanted to be one he said "because i hate people" and he got accepted that day

mrsil80 wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:07 am 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
yep. cunts.

I invite you all to come down here one weekend and see what we mean about southern highlands' cops. Mittagong highway patrol in particular.

Not a single one of them shows anyone any respect, and have openly said that they are targetting P platers and people in modified cars, especially imports.

My dealings with cops from other areas have been much more pleasant; the case Kyle mentioned about the NYE cop is a good example.
I was following a friend to his house in emo plains, taking the northern road. When we had some flashing lights appear behind us, we were doing 100 in what turned out to be an 80 zone.
(80 along there is utter crap, because the road is straight and smooth, with nothing but paddocks of cow crap nearby. It feels like it should be a 100 zone).
We were doing 100 in the 80 zone though, so as unfortunate as it is that we got pulled up, its justified.
Both cops in the highway patrol car were nice guys, and fined us for what we did wrong. They didnt accuse us of being asian drug lords, rapists, murderers, or even worse; hoons.
To go further, the cop that was dealing with me was doing the caring father routine of "you shouldnt speed along here because its a high crash area", citing examples. This is the sort of thing cops SHOULD be doing.
Both myself and the friend I was following carried on our journey, and once arriving at his house, praised the cops for their humanity. They both earned our respect.

Southern highlands cops can love my balls, however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:15 am 
T28 Hybrid

Yes, that friend we were following, being my brother Lol, who the cop commented on how kewl his supercharged commodore was, and didnt bother checking the car for defects.

I 2nd the invite, try and get away with stuff down her, regardless of it being macquarie pass or not, they will get you anywhere, without reason.

mrsil80 wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:07 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
Arkhaeon wrote:
I was following a friend to his house in emo plains

Is that a kind of prairie where the grass cuts itself?

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost