Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Saddam Hangs
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:30 am 
T66

Car: 180sx
:evil: :( :evil:

It is a big issue at the moment (at least for me) and i am quite confident that am not the only one on how this whole play is unfold...

Hang him will make no difference what-so-ever to the situation in Iraq, it is even worse (according to Al-Jazeera.net, 75 killed or injured so far in the last 48 hours in three car bombs!!)

The entire thing is play well mastered by Bush & his gang, yet we see our blind government in support of such punishment while we actually prohibit it.

Ahhhhhhhh!! :evil: i am soooo mad at the Americans & whoever support them :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:59 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
They should of just locked him away somewhere for the rest of his life.

dead he's a martyr to the cause. alive,he's nothing.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:07 am 
T66

fergo308 wrote:
They should of just locked him away somewhere for the rest of his life.

dead he's a martyr to the cause. alive,he's nothing.

Exactly!! He is a bad guy, yes that is right BUT hang him is & will never solve the problem.

I think it is just a dirty political game played by such immoral “leaders” :evil: espcially Bush to seek revenge for his father

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:33 am 
Twin T51

Car: S15 SILVIA
I believe they did the right thing, you go and ask any Iraqi citizen or someone who was under his dictatorship for a long time and i believe they will be over joyed that he is dead.

Pro Concept = Where all my fuckups get fixed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:20 pm 
T66

Blazn' 180 wrote:
I believe they did the right thing, you go and ask any Iraqi citizen or someone who was under his dictatorship for a long time and i believe they will be over joyed that he is dead.

I value your opinin but you are totally wrong!! Being of an Iraqi background i can tell you for sure that your statement is 100 percent incorrect...

Personally (including my family) have seen nothing like what is happening now under what you call his "dictatorship". In his time, there were no car bombs, there were no suicide bombs, no kill & run, no Sunni Muslim & Shiite Muslim, WE were ALL Iraqis...

However, he did some mistakes that made him American "favoured & loyal dog" when they saw he was growing up & start to possesses a threat to his neighbours (particularly Israel), then they said "game over big boy"

I am not saying he wasn’t bad, he was such awful leader BUT I’d prefer an a**hole leader rather living under invasion & from who?? The %^*#(@ Americans… :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:26 pm 
Twin T51

Car: S15 SILVIA
I actually know a few Iraqis from work and they say its better this way and from what i saw on the news of people dancing and chearing in the streets that he was dead, i believe that they are happier. what is wrong with the Americans? Yes they do make mistakes and in some way how they have handelled them selves over there isnt the most proffensional but i believe they are doing a good job. Is it the American Gov. you dont like? the american soldiers over there you dont like or just americans in general?? Do you dislike the UK and Australia for being there aswell??

I bet if Australia ever got invaded by another country........... people will be glad that we have America as a friend!!!

Pro Concept = Where all my fuckups get fixed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:37 pm 
T66

Well, we'll see if it'll make any difference...
The people who were dancing & chearing have been brain-washed mate, they think it is safer now...

I don't like the American Gov. not the people (i have an american gf and am off to the us next year!!) I mentioned before that Bush & his gang making this world worse than before...

Well, according to you, if they are doing good job, can you explain the 3000 causalties and the numbers are increasing??

I don't hate you, i don't the Australian. I am an Australian myself, it is just the way our Gov. here handle such issues. Basically, John Howard says YES to everything American wants, i thought we were INDEPENDENT

America is a close friend to us here because they want to keep an eye on Asia-Pacific region mate, while they'll be busy taking oil from the top ranked oil country in the world Iraq...

It is DIRTY POLITICS dude...

Happy New Year mate :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:19 pm 
T66

they might be happier but the hard core supports of saddam will and have lashed out.. so in terms of peace it was a bad move.

and as someone said.. our government was so strongly staying that no matter the crime, we should not be using such a barbaric form of punishment.... but now all of a sudden it's ok?

he did deserve to die and I'm glad he is. But hanging? unbelievable Whoever made that call deserves to have a taste of his own medicine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:46 pm 
Twin T78

I think peoples attitudes here and there would differ greatly, theres people that hear about what happens and theres the people who experience it (as with any event)...

We mustn't forget how selective/biased TV and radio broadcasts can be when they want to...

-Mitch

That's what she said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:21 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
MAXBOOST wrote:
We mustn't forget how selective/biased TV and radio broadcasts can be when they want to...

Exactly.

I would've liked to have seen him suffer for the rest of his life getting ass-raped in jail and what not, but at least he's dead. It doesn't really effect me anyway, 'cause I only see the reprocutions on TV, and I rarely watch the news, so it's really only people talking about it. I imagine it'd be the same for a lot of people posting here also.

Post subject: saddam
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:52 pm 
T78

Car: s14a
i dunno i reckon in a way it was right to hang him but also wrong as it will just cause more conflict, ok every1 take a moment to think what are they actually ment to be fighting about now im not sure myself also i think that australia shouldnt stick their nose into americas business we shouldnt be there got nothing to do with us thats why john howard wont be getting my vote in the next elections i think he is way past his prime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:54 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
you wont be voting for him anyway, you vote for a party. he just happens to be the leader of the liberal party. this is for federal, im not talking state or local.

Post subject: saddam
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:56 pm 
T78

Car: s14a
you know what i mean anyways, what good things has he really given us forever spending the taxpayers money for what, so he can have a cushy seat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:10 pm 
T66

Totally agree about what have been said...

He is a bad guy, but the way it was done, is just outrageous, and the timing of it as well, it is an islamic holiday as far as i know...

Bloody Amreicans with their 240sx :evil: :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:38 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
Personally, I'm still split 50-50 over the issue.

I'm somewhat opposed to capital punishment and I don't think it has benefited or brought any closure to the situation in Iraq, yet I still think that him being executed has:

1. Allowed him to obtain Matyr status among some extremists
2. Demonstrated American hypocrisy
3. Provided cause for further conflict and sectarian violence.

I was disgusted by Australian television stations playing footage (from mobile phones) of his execution. This is another case when the media has gone way too far.

We don't need to see the despot in his last moments on this earth. Why should I be shocked and frightened by hooded executioners taunting him moments before he is hung?

Lastly, I'm sick of America's foreign policy. Their idea of 'freedom' is not a universal concept which can be applied to any country. You would think they would have learnt that from Vietnam, but apparently they haven't.

I have little hope for humanity. :(