Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:59 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
In regards to all politicans I think its wrong that even when they retire and all the benfits that they so call 'business trips' is at our expense. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:42 pm 
Quad T88

Car: Nissan 180SX
ahh yes

if i recall a rule about conversations...

1. dont talk about politcs
2. dont talk about religion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:10 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
and don't say anything when it's about both at once.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:50 pm 
Quad T04

Car: XR4
My closest friend in the world has just joined the army. He has only been there 6 weeks and apparently in about 6 months he will be fighting in iran or iraq. He is 20 years old and the Australia government is willing to put his, and thousands of other young lives in danger so we can help fight Bush's war for "anti terrorism" or *cough* oil *cough* I dont see how going to war will make peace? Or sacrificing the lives of americans, australian's and all those killed over in iraq is going to releive the pain of 9/11?
This topic is something i feel very strongly about because my best friends life is in danger of a very unworthy cause.

Post subject: Iraq
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:07 pm 
T66

Car: 180sx
I am so glad to hear that few members here can actually see the real picture. Bush & his interest in the oil and ME region are main reasons behind what is happening in Iraq now. Hanging Saddam was just another chapter in this so well-written play...
The Iraqi government announced yesterday that in 2006 there were more than 12000 civilians died (and these were the counted only!!) and more than 3000 American soldiers since 2003!!
Why?? Weapons of mass destruction!! What a joke!!

Karl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:35 pm 
Twin T51

Car: S15 SILVIA
Mandy wrote:
and the Australia government is willing to put his, and thousands of other young lives in danger

First of all, the Australian gov. is NOT putting his life in danger, he is putting his own life in danger if he goes over there (and thats even a slim chance. even if he is in the infantry as they are the only troops in the real danger). every person who joins the Army knows of the risks of going on deployment and that if they do join that there is a possibility that they will be sent overseas. and i can garrentee that the majority of people in the Army or even the defence force would like a deployment to the middle east!!

Also i think everyone should be quite proud of the people over there. If you havent noticed the majority of the hate over there towards troops is towards the americans and british. why not the Australians?? because of how proffesional they are and how they treat the Iraqi people.

and im sick of people winging about the Government that they are putting their husbands, wifes, b/f, g/f, sons and daughters at risk. when you join the army you know exactly what you are doing and if you dont, you shouldnt be there!!!

Pro Concept = Where all my fuckups get fixed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:13 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
Lets not get too crazy in here shady.

Respect to all our people serving this great nation to protect it, but Mandy is expressing her point of view, not that of her friends. From the point of view of a loving friend/relative, you surely must be able to understand her view on the matter, and the thought of losing a loved one.

But i agree, when you join the army you know exactly what you are doing and if you dont, you shouldnt be there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:10 pm 
T88 Hybrid

firstly sorry for getting alittle into the politcal side of things.

Its all good that the media and people like us express our opinions about sending troops overseas, which is great because we get to hear what a range of people thing about it but as expressed by some people here once u join the army u know what u are getting yourselve into. Its a job in a way but different to us because they do different activities and duties.

Also, in my opinion and I am not saying its on behalf of anyone but really its what the people in the army want. Its up to them, if they seriously all didnt want to go I just thing that we wouldnt be sending troops over there. They may do it because they think its for a good cause and also we dont get the full picture of things, only what the media and other people want us to hear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 am 
Quad T04

Car: XR4
Sorry Blazin 180, i wasnt bagging the army, my dad was in the navy for quite some time and my grandfather was a police officer for the better part of his life. I have alot of respect for the people who want to protect our beautiful country. But i'm just being over protected of the people that i love. It's a very dangerous place over there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:29 am 
Twin T51

No need to be sorry Mandy, just want people to understand that its not the Governments fault people are getting sent over there, if there were no people in the Army and then conscription started, then yes you could blame then Government. Trust me, where alot of the normal Aus. troops are it aint all that dangerous. As can be seen as no troops have died because of combat or any enemy.

I think it very good that you care so much for your friends and family Mandy, their lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:27 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
its true that people who join the army are to expect that they are putting their lives in danger.

but its also fair for them to expect that they shouldnt be forced into missions that is outside their call of duty, which is to serve and protect OUR country. what they were forced into, was a non UN backed illegal invasion of a sovereign country and then followed by an illegal occupation. so you could deduce from that, that the government is putting the soldiers at unecessary risk.

we all know we are there because of political reasons and because we like to lick the americans for all kinds of economic reasons, but how many people would morally accept this as a reason to send troops over?

it doesnt matter if they are in the danger spots or not, obviously they are not since we havent lost any to enemy fire - but its a matter of principle imo, well to me anyways. we should be winging way before conscription is even considered, if that ever occured it would be too late for the blame game..

PS: im not sure exactly how you personally could tell what iraqi sentiment towards australians is like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:40 pm 
Twin T51

It doesnt need to be UN backed to be within the call of Duty. When you join the Army you take an oath and you sign a contract therefore if you are sent overseas that is within your line of duty and the majority who are sent there have no problem in going.

I know the sentiment of the Iraqi people towards the troops from the News, research and personal knowledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:09 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
yes but you miss the point... my point was, the whole parade was illegal, and should never have happened in the first place. as a citizen you can expect the government not to do illegal things, but hey it seems exceptions are ok sometimes..

as for the news and research - my sources of those 2 seem to indicate otherwise :)

and my personal knowledge tells me, were considered an ally of the americans, and are grouped together with them as occupiers of their land. when iraqi's say they want the "coalition" out of iraq, that includes the aussies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:21 am 
T66

Car: 180sx
Blazn' 180 wrote:
It doesnt need to be UN backed to be within the call of Duty

That is a very strange comment :o :o I personally thought that the reason behind establishing the UN was to create talks & prevent wars. That fact that the UN was not involved in the invasion proves its lack of power & proves the domination of the Americans in the world and the blind fellowship of the others

What was the "real" danger to Australia from a country that is further than North Korea?? And as mokompri said <<when Iraqi’s say they want the "coalition" out of Iraq, that includes the Aussies>> that doesn't mean they cause any harm to the Iraqi's BUT they are in the picture...

Karl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:08 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Attacking North korea wouldnt be as good business sense because all that money invested and little return compared to Iraq.