Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Very Pissed Off!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:46 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: S13 Silvia
Well as most off you know i have a s13 and it had a rear main oil leak. I got this fixed on the 2\12\2006 and it cost me $650.00. The other day i went to take my car out and noticed the car is leaking I am in Orange for a bit so thought i would take it to a mechanic and just get it checked to make sure it was ok. The people then told me it is my rear main seal leaking again! I am so pissed off as when you pay a big amount off money to get something fixed you expect it to be fixed! It has not even been a month yet and it is already F**cked!

Not Happy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:34 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Shit that sux.

Just keep a eye on the oil level and take it back to where the rear main was done and make them do it again (should be under parts warinty) or if they just fucked up they should just do it for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:36 pm 
T28 Hybrid

I will keep a eye on in ;) Just pisses me off because I shouldn't have this problem again so soon. I'm not paying anything for it to be fixed it is there fault i have had so much trouble with them it's not funny.

Post subject: problems
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:21 am 
T78

Car: s14a
if i was you id make sure they fix it properly and look at findin a new mechanic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:25 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
In all fairness though (and I know I'd be pretty pissed and out for blood being $600 down), if they did the work and replaced the parts like theyre supposed too do (without hopefully installing it all cocked so it wears...), there maybe some kind of issue with the car like fine cracks or a worn/warped metal surface which you'd never see unless youre specifically looking for that kind of problem.

If its a CA. Get them to throw it in the bin and we'll find you a nice friendly SR to live there instead :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:40 pm 
T66

Car: 180sx
i have an s14 engine lying around ;)

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:42 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
Yeah, could be worse Sarah... you could be poor ol Liz! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:33 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
As I said to you on MSN, take it back, demand they rectify the problem, because it's obvious 1 of 2 things has gone wrong, either the part has failed, and therefore is covered by warranty, or they fucked up and installed it wrong, in which case they are abliged to rectify the problem, and if it's the latter, you are then abliged to inform us of where you went so we can all avoid it later.

If it's of any help, it might be worth getting a male friend to go as well, it sounds like you may have been taken for a ride last time, which would piss me off to no extent, I fucking hate mechanics that try and take women for a ride, it's just wrong and nasty!!!!

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:44 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Turbo_Brian wrote:
As I said to you on MSN, take it back, demand they rectify the problem, because it's obvious 1 of 2 things has gone wrong, either the part has failed, and therefore is covered by warranty, or they fucked up and installed it wrong, in which case they are abliged to rectify the problem, and if it's the latter, you are then abliged to inform us of where you went so we can all avoid it later.
3 things. As MK siad
MK wrote:
there maybe some kind of issue with the car like fine cracks or a worn/warped metal surface which you'd never see unless youre specifically looking for that kind of problem
Besy to taje it back to them 1st, then see what they say and work it our from there.

Turbo_Brian wrote:
I fucking hate mechanics that try and take women for a ride, it's just wrong and nasty!!!!
Nothing wrong with mechanics rideing women :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:32 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
JayS14 wrote:
Nothing wrong with mechanics rideing women :wink:

i bet your boyfriend doesnt like you talking like that :P

and sarah, take it straight back to them as soon as you can, explain the situation without threatening them with anything, and see what they do and say first. if you get nowhere, THEN bring out the guns :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:32 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
Turbo_Brian wrote:
take it back, demand they rectify the problem

You mean take it back to Nissan and demand they put an SR in?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:39 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Thanks guys i am going down today to see what they say. yeah i know i should have a SR in it my fault for buying a CA.;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:40 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
It may well not be the mechanics fault??

The engine is old, it could have a blocked PCV system, worn rings any number of things.

Unless you paid the mechanic to check every possible thing that could have caused such an oil leak (which id doubt) then really it may or may not be his fault.
His problem yes but his fault no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:45 am 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
Risking wrote:
It may well not be the mechanics fault??

The engine is old, it could have a blocked PCV system, worn rings any number of things.

Unless you paid the mechanic to check every possible thing that could have caused such an oil leak (which id doubt) then really it may or may not be his fault.
His problem yes but his fault no.

If the mechanic treats the symptoms and not the cause then it is the mechanics fault as he is the one who is supposed to have the skills to fix the problem.

The customer should only be responsible for pointing out them symptoms, it is the mechanics responsibilty to determine the cause.

Having said that I would go with what Zei suggested and try the reasonable approach fist because we are all more inclined to help someone when we don't have our back up.

And if they refuse to play ball then get the big guns out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:19 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
182Go wrote:
The customer should only be responsible for pointing out them symptoms, it is the mechanics responsibilty to determine the cause.

And if required, notifying the customer of the cause while the car is still on the hoist and seeking permission to further fix the problem.

Having said that, if the problem is non-repairable, then it's up to the mechy to inform the customer of the problem either way, and if it's a safety, or road worthy issue, then letting the customer know means they are then responsible for rectifying the issue, if it's a cracked block or something similar leaking oil, then the only repair is a new motor, and the customer should be advised of such.

Either way Sarah, as I said last night, head in, see the guys and let them know the issue seems to have surfaced again, get them to check to see if there is a fault in the new seal, or if they can see any other reason for it to have started leaking, see what they say, and if they start trying to pull money from you, tell them you need to consult your other half, dont agree to more money until you know it's required.

As suggested, a polite approach is better, and at the end of the day, if you start polite, there is a better chance they might see it your way.

Let us know how you go?

B.