Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:07 am 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
Hey, which Solicitor do you have working for you (I am now in a similar position care of last night having someone decide they wanted to use the lane next to them, but at the time they decided to use it, they forgot to check the mirror and funny enough I happened to be in that lane, next to their car).

Anyways, I still need to wait to see what eventuates, but I rather have a chat to solicitors before anything becomes required, that way they already know the story and can at least offer advice prior to me getting arse-reemed as well.

Hows your case going by the way, hopefully your starting to succeed.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:06 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

dont give up on this mate. shits me to tears when someone ruins your shit and tries to get the easiest way out of it for themselves. i think i saw your car in the hills area a while back too. damn nice car and a fking damn shame to hear this... all the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:50 pm 
T66

Car: 180sx
any news?

I'm just going into a very similiar situation.. although i bought the car for 5k, I threw 10k of engine parts at it...

i haven't read the whole thread but I think the main point you have to argue for a car like yours is "replacement value" rather than market value.. you never know, you might get a few more dollars that way. I think it's more to the point with such a unique car.

I appointed an assessor of my own to work out the replacement value of my car, along with the market value... and I will seek replacement value as you can't buy a silvia Q with an s14 engine and s15 brakes straight off the rack. lol.... oh and I will be seeking rental car costs for the next 2 months which is how long my car took to build.

I love lawyers sometimes.

I'd be interested to know how you are going.