Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:58 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
Just keep playing the game. You seem to be making some progress now atleast.

Actually, demand a free rental while they are fucking you around so you can get too and from work. See what happens :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:07 pm 
TO4

Car: S14a.5 200sx
ASL10Z wrote:

mean while i'm on foot because i can't hire a car until i'm 21 which is chrissy day, but im intitled to 1(how nice, i just cant get it yet)

there totally stuffing me around, and its starting to piss me off n stress me out.
EDITED By ZEi

i think i've got bad calmer with this car

Last edited by ASL10Z on Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:09 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
please watch your comments. his sexual orintation is not related to the accident mate.

Post subject: sorry
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:17 pm 
TO4

sorry just pissed off about the matter.
going to give GIO 1 last chance tomorrow and threaten them with legal action as i just talked to my solicitor and he said i'm entitled to atleast $23k.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:20 pm 

no problems. i can understand the situation mate so im not going to be harsh.

i rekon legal action is the way, but remember legal fees CAN add up, but then you might be able to sue GIO for that amount also as if they had paid up for the correct amount, you wouldnt have had to fork out that amount of money. im sure there is a correct legal term to do it lol

Post subject: Re: hmm
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:14 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
Scathing wrote:
The thing is, if you call up your insurer and tell them you had a not-at-fault accident, their assessor will review the car. Since you have the details of the person at fault and got them dead to rights, its not in your insurer's best interests to stiff you on it. It costs them nothing, and fixing your car up is good customer service on their part (unless its the same insurer, of course)

I think you can only do this if you have full comprehensive?

Greg only having third-party property(i assume) he has to go through the other person's insurer.

I could be wrong though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:41 pm 

sometimes your 3rd party insurer will give you free advice if you ring them and ask their opinion on what happened

BTW hows it all going??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:49 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
ZEi20T wrote:
sometimes your 3rd party insurer will give you free advice if you ring them and ask their opinion on what happened

BTW hows it all going??

A lot of insurance companies are more than happy to give you free advice, heck I had an incodent with a car in July, they claimed I did $2500 worth of damage to their vehicle, but as it turns out, with some advice from GCU (of whom I have NO POLICY AT ALL with, I was told to go through the claims, and offer only what I beleived I caused (after rolling into a car doing no more than 5km/h, and not even marking my car at all).

Anyway, I offered $1400 as this was the price that would have eventuated from repairing ONLY the damages that could have possibly been caused, and I ended up only having to pay this amount, after telling NRMA (their company) that they either accept my amount, or they prove beyond a doubt I was the sole cause of this damage, and considering the other person failed to give vital details at the scene of the accident, I was willing to take it to court if required, and NRMA melted to my side of the story, not their own client's side.

Anyway, most insurers will give free advise, I also have a close friend who works for CGU, and they have NRMA in their offices as well, so if you do need specific advise, feel free to PM me, and I can pass on my friend's direct details at CGU for you.

B.

Post subject: hmm
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:11 pm 
TO4

yer i'm still being dicked around.
the assessor got back to me mid last week and asked for my address, so i gave it to him n he said there will be a check in the mail n stuff; i asked how much for n he said for $11,3k so i told him to forget sending the check and to keep the vechile at his depo while i contact my solicitor.
rather than contacting my solicitor as yet i rang GIO and asked what i can do and were do i stand as the 3rd-party ie. if they say they want to fix it do i have to get it fixed because i don't want to. He said that i can speak to the area manager (which i already have talked to) or get their Internal Affairs section involved to investagate the matter further, but to do this i had to got through the area manager anyway.
So i rang the area manager and he said that he was still waiting to talk to the assessor more, and i told him what i wanted as a pay-out and that if they don't start to come my way of the coin i'd get their internal affairs onto it aswell as my solicitor.

he said that he'll talk to the assessor and call me the next day..... still awaiting his phone call! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:33 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
Stick it to 'em Greg :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:35 am 
Twin T66

ASL10Z wrote:

he said that he'll talk to the assessor and call me the next day..... still awaiting his phone call! :evil:

Record every single phone call you make with them, write down the time, the date, who you spoke to, their alleged role in the company, and notes on what was said from both parties, that way they cant give you the bum-steer, and cant pass calls to their collegues in the next cubical and pretend they are managers and what-not.

Also ask for refference numbers to phone calls, but if they are to get back to you, get times and dates of when they are meant to, and call them 15 minutes after this time if they dont keep to their word.

Also in recording your conversations, make sure you put down who initiated the calls, and if you have had to call them where they have failed to call you back, and things go nasty enough to go to court, you can foot them the bill for phone calls as well as your damages figure.

Stick with it, and dont let the insurance company fuck your arse over!!!

B.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:40 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
Turbo_Brian wrote:
Record every single phone call you make with them, write down the time, the date, who you spoke to, their alleged role in the company, and notes on what was said from both parties, that way they cant give you the bum-steer, and cant pass calls to their collegues in the next cubical and pretend they are managers and what-not.

Also ask for refference numbers to phone calls, but if they are to get back to you, get times and dates of when they are meant to, and call them 15 minutes after this time if they dont keep to their word.

Also in recording your conversations, make sure you put down who initiated the calls, and if you have had to call them where they have failed to call you back, and things go nasty enough to go to court, you can foot them the bill for phone calls as well as your damages figure.

Stick with it, and dont let the insurance company fuck your arse over!!!

B.

Note to this, do NOT record a phone call without first getting the permission of the other person. It is illegal to record a phone conversation without permission, or a legal warrant.
But by all means, write down who you spoke to, when you spoke to them, and a brief description of the conversation (incase that's what Brian actually meant ;) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:40 pm 

i think by 'record' he means to take note of the conversation and what transpired during such conversation :)

Post subject: EOI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:10 pm 
TO4

http://www.silviansw.com/forum/viewtopi ... 702#225702

anyone after a repairable s14.5
i would fix but i'd rather start fresh

still haven't settled with the insurer but if i can get a reasonable amount i won't got through the hassle with the insurers anymore coz i'm about to go crazy :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:17 pm 
Twin T66

ZEi20T wrote:
i think by 'record' he means to take note of the conversation and what transpired during such conversation :)

Correct Zei, considering I work in the telecommunications business, I thought I would list what I meant in my other post, maybe just poorly chosen words.

Firstly, it is NOT illegal to record a conversation, but anything recorded can not be used against the other person unless permission is given from the other person prior, so unless you inform the person they are being recorded and that this recording will go ahead unless they have objections, your fine to record away, if you fail to tell the other party about the recordings, then you can still record, but if you later require the use of these recordings as evidence, you have sufficiently screwed yourself.

What I mean in my other post by record, was to take note of all the details of the conversation you can, and inform them you are doing so, make it known to them your taking down details, and make sure you keep 'records' of this for later usage.

B.