Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:20 pm 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
After accidentally turning off the M4 last night and going around the corner I realised I was on the road leading onto the M7. I pulled over to the side of the road and looked for a way not to go onto the M7.

I couldn't reverse back around the blind corner (although I wish I did now) looked for an exit road... nothing, I was trapped and had to go onto the M7.

I stopped at the first phone box and we spoke with the operator they said we had to call 13 TOLL. So we got off the M7 at the first exit and found our way back to the M4.

We called the 13 TOLL number only to be told that we had to go on the net to sign up to pay for this accident. Logged on this morning to see what is required and there is fee after fee for people who don't have a credit card.

We called 13 TOLL again to see if there was some other way of resolving this issue without spending a fortune or having to go to the bank and get a credit card so I could use the cheap option.

Basically we were told too bad, so sad. We asked to speak with a supervisor to raise a complaint about the stupidity of the system. They wouldn't put us through to a supervisor.

Finally after much prompting they mention that if someone else has an account with them we could get added to theirs and they can pay it on theirs.

Talk about being railroad and arse rapped by large multinational companies these guys are champions. People complain about us but I know for a fact that this issue would have been resolved without issue and I would have been able to speak with a supervisor.

So I would ask people who regularly use the M7 to boycott it for at least 1 trip. I know this is not going to send them broke or in anyway effect their bottom line, but it will give you the satisfaction of knowing that you settled the score for the little man whole is powerless against the corporate machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:31 pm 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
ahh that sucks!

I wondered where you guys disappeared to cos I saw you turn onto the M7.
You can stick it on my account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:37 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
just dont pay it if you get a letter in the mail.

they wont chase you for the $2+$10 you owe them. worst case, you will have to pay it IF you ever get a tag account. but mostly they never send you anything after the 2nd letter.

i still owe money from many years ago to ED and M5 that i never paid. cant be stuffed. if the tag doesnt go off, thats their fault not mine IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:58 pm 
Token Old Guy

Andrew has kindly offered to take care of it for me, it is only $1.43 but it is the principal of the matter. I know it won't hurt their pockets but at least I will sleep better knowing that they didn't make any addition revenue if someone bycotts them if only just once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:32 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: Nissan 200sx S14a
That sucks mate. The m7 is a rip off of a motorway!

Ill boycott for you! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:13 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
I took it twice on friday night going to offstreet, i'll wait until i get something in the mail.

I would like to see the photo though, i hung out the window with my arms waving when i went through the booth :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:29 pm 
T51

Car: Subaru Liberty
My old man got on it by accident and got off at the next exit. He never called and never received anything in the mail either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:53 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I got slugged on the M7 a while back as well. hadn't been out windsor way for a while and was cruising along the M2 expecting to turn off at the old windsor rd intersection like I've ben doing for years. blinked at the wrong time and missed the new version of that intersection,and ended up on the M7 for all of a km before there was an exit I could turn off at. paid a $10 fee on top of the toll itself for my trouble,as I'm on my GF's tag,but didn't have it with me at the time.

pricks.

When's the latest version of the Australia card coming out? I guess we'll have everything tied to that soon enough,and it'll be like old sci-fi horror stories,where your card is your entire life and you don't legally exist and can't function within society without one.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:55 pm 
Twin T78

I also copped the $2 toll plus 10 bux "admin fee" because I was holding it backwards.... (we have multiple cars on one account and not enough of the stick-to-the-windscreen mounts.... and I held the "rta/speaker" side toward the camera not the normal windscreen side :evil: )

-Mitch

That's what she said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:10 pm 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
the stick on brackets are now free from the RTA instead of $5 each which is nice :)

Post subject: fees
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:30 pm 
T66

Car: 180sx
I am happy to pay double what i pay for the M5 now if they just fix Parram. Rd, bloody hell :x , you keep jumping up & down until you reach the city what kind of f*&^%$# road is that!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:48 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
you guys realise that if you go through and your tag doesnt go off, you post back the letter with your account number and tag number on it and you DONT pay the admin charge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:18 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: sil80
MAXBOOST wrote:
I also copped the $2 toll plus 10 bux "admin fee" because I was holding it backwards.... (we have multiple cars on one account and not enough of the stick-to-the-windscreen mounts.... and I held the "rta/speaker" side toward the camera not the normal windscreen side :evil: )

-Mitch

heres a tip. use velcro. you only need one bracket, and its more dicreet that that gay white plastic crap. I use it on my cars and u hardly notice it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:51 am 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
For me I feel it is a rip off even paying for the harbour bridge!!!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:34 am 
Token Old Guy

S14 wrote:
That sucks mate. The m7 is a rip off of a motorway!

Ill boycott for you! 8)

Thanks dude it only takes one to break even and then they haven't profited from my misshap. Probably wouldn't hurt to rack up a few for the other poor souls that have been accidently ripped. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE.