Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Taxi drivers
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:32 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
Another thing that has been irrating me of late has been the taxi drivers poor driving abilities but the one thing that tops the list is when one tries to have a go with u and tries to race u!!!!!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:09 am 
T28 Hybrid

haha you'll be happy that i collected one! lol
he pulled out of a drivway and didnt look so i hit him at 75kph on cumberland highway and i was in the middle lane :\ somehow it was my fault and i think somehow i got away with it (bc i never had a record for it yet i pad $300 fine)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:40 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
It's like any job.
You try really hard for 3 months not too get sacked, after that youre doing the bare minimum not too get sacked because its a shit job, customers are drunken tools, its a dead-end and you really just can't be fucked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:49 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
MK wrote:
It's like any job.
You try really hard for 3 months not too get sacked, after that youre doing the bare minimum not too get sacked because its a shit job, customers are drunken tools, its a dead-end and you really just can't be fucked.

This is largely true. I personally know a few exceptions:

Those that own their own taxis can actually do quite well from it. We have a family friend who is owns one and makes quite a considerable amount of money. That said, he is a good driver, not a nutcase, and he always says: "I will never drive behind another taxi. They are all insane."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:29 pm 
T28 Hybrid

still would you drive for like 8 hours (or however long a shift is..)
i wouldnt, i dont even drive the whole way to brisbane anymore...not that i cant do it but its too boring driving around sydney

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:53 am 
T88 Hybrid

Taxi driving is a hard job really and it can be really boring but sometimes u have to do what u can to get by. As for me since I am studying at the moment I have to work at nights to make mony to spend on my car. Of course if I had a choice I wouldnt work at nights because its bad for your health, feel like shit in the morining, bad for your social life because it means u dont have any :roll: and also for relationship but sometimes u have to give to take. Which in this case for me is money :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:40 am 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
mrsil80 wrote:
still would you drive for like 8 hours (or however long a shift is..)
i wouldnt, i dont even drive the whole way to brisbane anymore...not that i cant do it but its too boring driving around sydney

That, and Taxi drivers have to put up with quite a few dickheads...

Seriously though, for some of them, they deserve what they get, but others are just trying to make ends meet.

There are plenty of Taxi drivers asking to be hammered, I had one yesterday, he wanted my lane at any cost, even though I was already in it, and in the spot he seemed adement to have, to the point he had his nose not even 1mm off the side of my car, ready to drive in, so being so close, I couldn't take off due to the car's mirros and other bits that flared out from the point where he was pushing to get in, then he wants to blast the horn for me to get out of his way.

I climbed out the window (no room to open the door) and climbed over his bonnet to have a little chat and explain that the stupid fucker was so close that the flared arse of my car was going to rip his gaurd and bumper off, and that he had 30 seconds to back up at least halfa meter before I went to take off, or I would rip his car apart (not by driving off, but with my bare hands).

He backed off, I was able to drive again, and we all merged happily, but he did the same thing again 40 seconds later to get back into the lane he had merged from.

Also Bus drivers are the same, I had one today that was pushing further and further into my lane along York St (even though he had nothing to thr left of him, and wasn't turning), and suddenly he realised there was a car in the non-bus lane that he was coming close to hitting, so it becomes my fault he is getting close, and he blasts his horn at me (the fuckwit, I am up near the gutter, there is still plenty of room, and he's almost 1/4 of the way out of his own lane, but I guess it must have been my fault hey).

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:37 am 
Twin T51

Car: coon
Turbo_Brian wrote:
but I guess it must have been my fault hey

probably :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:54 am 
T88 Hybrid

The most scariest for me was when there was two trucks and u are in the middle lane and in a corner, both are edging their way to your lane. No place to hide!!!!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:22 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
I HATE TAXI DRIVERS :evil: :evil: They can all go fuck them selves haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:43 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
Yeah a d00d i know runs a fleet of cabs, he owns a couple of the plates and leases the rest. Most of the drivers are pretty brutal, however they don't have many big stacks, rather just small scrapes and stuff, probably due to being lazy.

I had one driving in the middle of two lanes infront of me yesterday, and he wasn't changing, just crusing along for a minute or so in the middle. :) I cut 'em some slack seeing as they're doing huge hours on the roads and have to drive around the rest of the horid drivers for a living.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:45 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Normally the drivers are doing the 12 hour shifts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:55 pm 
T28 Hybrid

JIN S13 wrote:

we should try something....
we all get together, drive around sydney for 12 hours like a scananger hunt and see how we like that....
i drive for like 6-8 hours on a fri/sat night and dang...when im home i feel like a dead paperweight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:00 pm 
Twin T51

Car: coon
mrsil80 wrote:
JIN S13 wrote:

we should try something....
we all get together, drive around sydney for 12 hours like a scananger hunt and see how we like that....
i drive for like 6-8 hours on a fri/sat night and dang...when im home i feel like a dead paperweight.

pay me and i'll do it. last time i checked they dont do it for fun. theres no excuse for shit driving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:01 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
thats a great idea!! how about we meet down under the harbour bridge at the rocks. but if i dont make it there on time, start without me