Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:02 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180 Type X
f@rk man.. im so paranoid about my car getting stolen.. i only have 3rd party

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:05 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
its sad that you are forced to move just so your car is safe...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:09 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: S13 Silvia
Yep. But at least my car is stashed away now and all nice and safe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:33 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
Sarahs13 wrote:
LOL I don't think i did they have scared me more then anything. Just not going to park my car at home anymore i have stashed it away nice and safe now ;)

Did the bastards do any dmage trying to get into your car???

My car was parked in my car spot at home in Chatswood, and some guys broke into the ute in the same parking space to get the tools to break into my car, they ended up diggin a hole through the door under the lock and popping the lock that way, definately inexperienced pricks, because they went for the slim-jim method first, but very quickly found Mr Intrusion bar, which fucked them up.

Sarah, if you need repairs, let me know, as I think our cars are the same colour, or bloody close, and I still have 500ml of paint left from a previous repair.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:39 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Thanks heaps champ. Nah just a few scratches near the window where they tried to pull the window down and fit something through it to open the lock. The silly guys even tried to get into the back window! Don't know what the go with that one was!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:54 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
*touch wood* no one has ever tried anything with my sil (that I know of).
Mind you, it's been parked off the street and out of sight for the past 2 years (past year it's been in a nice lock up garage).

It's horrible when you do come back to your car and find it's been messed with. My pulsar was broken into so many times and one time it was attempted to be hotwired (must have been n00bs cause they failed and it was a crappy old car with no immobiliser or anything). It's sad, but at least the car is still there and not:
a) used in a ram-raid robbery
b) taken for a joyride and crashed and/or burnt at the end
c) stripped for parts, or
d) whatever other reason people steal cars for

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:01 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Thats very true. I had a ke55 rolla before i got my silvia and it was parked there for almost 2years and never had anything done to it. Ya buy a nice car and i swear they are out for ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:06 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
this is the reason why I keep my S13 looking relatively stock, complete with the small dents and scratches put there courtesy of the previous owner.
The uglier your car looks (on the outside) the less likely the average wanker is going to mess with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:13 pm 
T28 Hybrid

lol but i don't want a ugly car ;) people should just learn to leave other peoples stuff alone. But thats not going to happen thats just wishful thinking. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:41 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
Sarahs13 wrote:
lol but i don't want a ugly car

yeah its a pretty sad affair that you cant have a nice looking car without being paranoid all the time about it being a target.

sorry to hear, i would be fuming !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:49 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
Think it must be school holidays or shit-for brains season again... meh, its Sydney, its always shit for brains season.
Up near where I work a large group of teenagers jumped all over a company's fleet of cars, kicking in doors, denting roofs, panels and anything else, this was after of course the security gaurd at our place chased them off for trying too steal someone's motorbike.

Doesn't help the police only give a shit about your car's damage when you ding someone else or or they need to up their road defect quota of fines for the night.

Word too the wise though.
Grab yourself an engraving tool and go nuts on things with it, usually your licence number is an easy one too remember, engrave the inside of your rims, any aftermarket parts, any stereo gear, rare imported junk and so on.

Write it all down in a book somewhere, digital photo or whatever-
This is the bit, this is the make, model, this is the serial number this is the identifiying mark.

That way when/if it goes missing you'd be suprised how much of it actually turns up in hock shops or raids on organised crime groups. You might not enjoy the fact that its probably pretty second hand when you do get it back but the warm, happy thought of someone getting butt-raped in prison and maybe catching a disease or two while theyre there is enough reason too do it on the off chance it turns up.
Preferably they catch aids and fucking die...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:54 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Thats some good advice. Thanks for that. Yeah well the cops came out and they said it was my fault for owning a car like that and started picking stuff out saying my car is 2 low the P plates are not in the right spot they think my tints are 2 dark. They are such n00bs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:05 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I would be using slightly harsher words than 'noob' to describe coppers if that was their response in a situation like that.
Their head are so far up their own arses when it comes to modified cars that it's not even funny.

when my monaro was stolen many years ago I called the police station I reported the theft to the following day with a list of parts the car had in it at the time of the theft,and as many serial numbers of said parts that I had at the time.

they didn't want to know,didn't even write them down, they said that when the car was found (I was thinking more along the lines of 'if' than 'when' at that point already),they would want that information then,and not before.

I suggested that it would be very unlikely that the car would ever re-surface due to the model of car that it was,and the nature of how it went missing,and that I would appreciate it if at least I could get my wheels,or stereo,or the jacket off of the back seat back at least if they caught someone in possession of any of it in the near future,but they weren't listening any more by then.

Lock your stuff up,keep it within sight as much as you can,and pray. that's all you can do these days.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:54 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
I feel for u, lukcly for me I havent had any reallys tolen attempt. Unless u count the one at a pub a drunk guy wanted to get into the car, I just went after him and smacked him a good one. :D I dont like violence but he already pissed me off with his racist remarks!!! :evil:

The funny thing is most people who have really done up cars dont have good systems in place to deter thefts. Still if u have a mad show car like 'lushes' or other suchlike showcars u would be bald by the time u became 30!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:57 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
Sarahs13 wrote:
Yeah well the cops came out and they said it was my fault for owning a car like that

Which goes against all the fundamental principles of being a law enforcement officer in the first place. Nobody who's a normal, honest working person deserves too get their stuff stolen, harassed or victimised by criminals, simple as that.
I guess the correct response when they say that is,

"Well, its your fault they continue too commit crimes because the law enforcement doesnt do anything too stop them because theyre too busy revenue raising for the government"

'course, that'll get you fined and defected in short order for being a smartarse... :roll: