Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:34 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
Scathing wrote:
All of the cars on Ferrari's stand are customer cars, I believe. None of them are actually unsold, so its not surprising the cars are heavily fenced off. If I was gracious enough to donate my Fazza to the guys to show off.....I'd expect them to keep the dirty plebs that infest our roads the fuck away from my duco.

every car that came to the show was from the stand (Exceptions of coure for the F1 car, the Rally cars, drag car and the Fiat 500).

90% of the cars at the Motorshow end up sold (yes, those exact cars).

In the Mercedes Stand, the 2 GL series 4x4's where sold, the black CLK 280 was sold, the E500, the C180 and C200, the SL 500 and SLK 350, the S 63 AMG (v12 twin turbo, only version of this car in australia), the 2 A class cars, the ML 65 AMG, the Mercedes Surfboard ontop of the maroon car, and the 'automatic bike' where all sold on the floor stand for heavily discounted prices, on the condition that the cars remain at the motorshow for the period of the show, and will be detailed, and any damages that may occur will be repaired after the show and prior to delivery/pickup of the vehicle from Mercedes Australia in Milperra.

I know Mazda sold the 2 MPS's, the MX 5, all the Mazda 6's, 1 Mazda 3, and a Mazda 2, I know Ferrari sold all their cars at the show, and had pre-orders for more, etc.

After working at the Motorshow, I have come to have a new form of respect for these shows, the poor detailers at every stand the day before work their arses off because they have less than 14 hours to get the cars PERFECT before the media come in the day of the opening and start doing presentations and so-forth (4 hours before public access is available), the guys have to hook up chargers and 240 volt power to all the vehicles, and set up lighting inside the vehicles, there is lightign outside the cars set up to try and make the cars look better, and all this preperation is done WITHOUT the airconditioning turned on, when I came in the Wednesday before the motorshow, I was working in 37 degree temperatures without the Air con, and then about an hour after I started, overhead lightign started getting turned on, and they are damn hot, it was a god-send to stand near the door for 2 minutes.

Then to speak with people that have actually purchased the vehicles, they dont get as much of a discount that you would probably like considering the amount of people that go through the cars....

On Sunday for instance, there where 92,000 people that went through the exhibition centre, not that all of them would have gone to every single stand, but you could estimate something similar to 60,000 people at any one stand for the day, and that was 1 day of the 2 week motorshow, pretty impressive.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:09 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
What I meant is that, in Ferrari's case, the cars are already sold and owners have taken delivery. They lend the cars to Maranello Imports for the show.

There's probably a clause that says they'll be liable for any damages (since the vehicles are in the company's care) but its still a testament to the marque that their customers will say, "Sure...you can hang on to my Ferrari for a week and let some random strangers wander around it with their greasy mitts".

If Nissan asked me to borrow my car for the motor show, even if they built an electrified fence with 10m of space around the car except for letting prospective and well-heeled buyers a sit in it, and promising to have it completely detailed again before returning it, I'd still tell them to go get fucked.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:48 pm 
T03

Car: 1993 Silvia Qspec
Firstly, when i went, some wanker has been through the mitsubishi stand and taken every gearknob out of every car, most annoying when i was daydreaming in the evo about driving it on the old road.

Secondly
Quote:
Speaking of Fazza's, though, I ran into someone on Thursday that is living my dream. I went out for a drive, and took the Old Pac on the way home. Between Calga and Mt White, I came across a red Ferrari 360 Spyder coming the other way. And the guy was not hanging around. The sound it made as it blew past me on throttle was amazing.

that guy is my hero!

Quote:
"Im going to stab them in the eye then carve myself some new cams out of their bones. " Ark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:17 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
i think THEY take them so that other people wont

then they put them back on the car after the show

thats what id do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:28 am 
T03

Car: 1993 Silvia Qspec
should hook it up to some kind of circuit that shocks you if you try to unscrew it

Quote:
"Im going to stab them in the eye then carve myself some new cams out of their bones. " Ark