Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:20 am 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
Reminds me when I was learning how to drive an old lady almost hit me on the round about by not giving way to incoming traffic on the right and to prove that its a small world about 30 minutes later she bloody hell does it to me again in another round about. This was in the hornsby area.

Post subject: old drivers
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:58 am 
T78

Car: s14a
One thing that really ticks me off is how they always make out us p platers to be bad drivers when not all are, ok there are alot of dickheads out there in commodores, but this is the thing that gets me after bringing in the p-plater power restrictions there has been something like 34% more deaths of p-platers thats mainly from silly people in commoders or some other shitbox does matter what the car is.

I just dont get why do they make us p-plate drivers with nice cars to be the bad ones causeing havoc in traffic when you go to the city or anywhere really for that matter and you will have older people cutting you off, overtaking in left lanes etc the list is endless really and theres nothing we can do about it oh wells

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:57 pm 
T25

Car: S15 Spec R
SamBo wrote:

But, what can you do? :cry:

Put Matlock back on TV - that'll keep em at home. Also, Murder She Wrote, they can't get enough of ol Angela Lansbury :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:10 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
What's with you and the old TV?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:16 pm 
T28

Car: S13 Silvia
Quote:
It would cost the government alot to develop and implement a decent driver training program, even if the driving tests cost more the initial cost would be up to the government, they would be forced to subsidise it as well to prevent backlash from poor people who need a lisence and so on as well.
It might also highlight the fact that the public transport system is woefull as people try and fall back on it when they fail their test or whatever.
Lots of reasons they probably wouldn't do it.

I can understand where you are coming from, but the fact is that the only thing that will slow the rate at which idiots kill themselves (and others) is a decent driver training program. The problem isn't the cars or the time that you behind the wheel at (as evidenced by the fact that idiots are still dying at similar rates even though they cant drive high powered 6's, 8's or forced induction cars anymore). Curfews will make sweet stuff all difference as well because the driver attitudes will still be the same (So your average bogan kills themselves at 7pm instead of at 12pm, they are still dead!).

So what if the intial cost is high, the long term cost is massive if you look at it in terms of lives lost as well as dollars... unless you are liberal in your views then it is really the long term "investments" that make the big differences in the end.

If the poor people want to complain because they can't afford it then thats too bad. If you cant afford to pay then you shouldn't be driving.... It s these "poor people" that drive banged heaps of sh!t and smash into other peoples' nice cars with no property insurance...... completely stuffing up peoples lives when they do.. i know you could argue that you should have full comprehensive to solve that problem, but why should i have to pay over $3000 a year just because someone wants to do somthing that they are not financially setup to do?

I have 3rd party property because its alot cheaper, and i think its only right that other people should have it too (should really be compulsory!)

I think the government needs to stop trying to slap on bandaid solutions and start looking at complete strategies that do more than "appease the olds"!

end rant!

Edit* -

Quote:
with nice cars to be the bad ones causeing havoc in traffic when you go to the city or anywhere really for that matter and you will have older people cutting you off, overtaking in left lanes etc the list is endless really and theres nothing we can do about it oh wells

i overtake people in the left lane, but only because they are doing sub speed limit in the right lane! if people dont like being overtaken on the left then they should stay out of the right lane, or atleast giveway to the person behind them that wants to actually get somewhere!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:00 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
Fuck me dead!

Someone whos first post actually contributes to something!

Welcome aboard dude!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:04 pm 
T28

Car: S13 Silvia
hahaha, thanks.... i have frequented these forums for a while now, just havn't posted before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:09 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
if its anything like that then feel free to contribute anything you like lol

and welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:15 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
Lucius wrote:
So what if the intial cost is high, the long term cost is massive if you look at it in terms of lives lost as well as dollars... unless you are liberal in your views then it is really the long term "investments" that make the big differences in the end.

good point, but since when does this (or any) government think that way? They will do anything and everything to not only save or raise money, but to make the majority of the population think that they're doing the right thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:04 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
SamBo wrote:

good point, but since when does this (or any) government think that way? They will do anything and everything to not only save or raise money, but to make the majority of the population think that they're doing the right thing.

the highlighted part in bold is the key point in that paragraph.

politicians couldn't give a toss what happens to mr and mrs Joe Average and their P plate-wielding kids,it doesn't affect them. they can afford to be driven around,to train their kids to drive properly if they do sink to driving their cars themselves,and to repair and replace the cars that don't survive their paris-hilton-clone-daughter's wrath.

their sole interest in the world is in keeping themselves in work,and in maintaining their own lifestyle. they'll say whatever it takes to placate the public and maintain their status quo.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:17 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: s15
Your right Justin cause the political bean counters have worked out the numbers and have deemed that another 500 individuals will die on the states roads this year and next year and the year after as they have for the last 40 years. So what do they do, if they take the automobile away from the young there goes the increasing revenue as the driving population increases so why not have a tax payer funded talk fest and come up with some placebos to protect young drivers so Mr and Mrs average feels like the government is looking after their little Johnny and are happy to keep paying the taxes. It costs the government less to do this than to lose the automobile cash cow cause road deaths have become an accepted side affect of the motor car---unfortunatly :( Thats my rant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:29 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
Lucius wrote:
Quote:
i overtake people in the left lane, but only because they are doing sub speed limit in the right lane! if people dont like being overtaken on the left then they should stay out of the right lane, or atleast giveway to the person behind them that wants to actually get somewhere!

Hehe, I was in Brisbane over the long weekend (escaping double demerits) and they dont care if it's left or right lane, they just drive there because it's a bit of open road.

What fucked me off about the Brisbane drivers was driving along the gateway in a 100km/h zone, having a moron doing 70km/h in the left lane, and another cock-sucker fluctuating between 65 and 75 almost but not quite next to the first guy, sitting in the right hand lane.

There is nothing you can do, but just follow, wait for a large enough gap to eventually emerge, and shoot through it.

What is most annoying is you are the person that gets the finger when you dart through their gap and speed up to the limit, it's like you have broken the rule of dawdle or something and now the heavens are going to collapse.

Anyway, I was on holiday, so I was happy to patiently wait for then to shove the hell over, or a 3rd lane to emerge so I could accelerate to at least the speed limit.

B.