Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:41 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
I live on a street with reasonable traffic for a quiet residential area.

When i get home, i drive into my driveway - pretty normal procedure - im sure most of us do this every now and again. So im coming down the street, im gradually slowing down, (i indicate quite early before a turn to leave a decent warning), i notice a ute turn into my street in my rear view, i get to my drive way and im just about to turn in when check my rear view just in case.

The fucker decides to drive on the empty right side of the road, and over take me, the wheel was at full lock and i was about to turn in. If i didnt look, he would of t-boned me !! At the speed he was going, there was no way he would have broke in time to avoid anycollision. He looked like he was traveling at approx 75km/hr

This is not the first time it has happened, the other time is was a person, exactly the same category as the type the smashed into me - (supermum in tarago with bullbar)

What the FUCK are people doing on the roads???? FFS that is purely fucking stupid :evil:

I need to develop more spidey sense on the road

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:21 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
Yeah I reckon, last night I was driving home from a party at St Ives, at about 11pm. I stayed below the speed limit the whole way home, as you do, and I'm going along Wakehurst Parkway. Coming towards the end, where it goes into the start of Seaforth, like just into the 60 zone - I slow from 80 to 60 as the speed zone changes, because often I see police with radar guns just after the zone change.

This idiot driver behind me in an Astra kept trying to overtake on the inside - yes inside (it's a single lane road). He did it first on the blind corner and nearly crashed into a tree and then into me. Meanwhile I'm thinking that this guy is either on drugs or on the run from police!

I've had about enough of his shenanigans now, so I raise my hand out the window and flip him off, the dickhead. If he wants to stop to 'discuss' the matter, I'm more than happy to give him a new facial reconstruction courtesy of my club lock, for endangering my mate's and my life.

We then get to the straight section coming through Castle Circuit and the cunt crosses the double white lines to overtake me. He won't last long, hopefully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:42 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: aw11
Welcome to Cabramatta!

:lol:

This place is full of iffy drivers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:42 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: r32
ditto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:20 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: s15
i want a silvia wrote:
Yeah I reckon, last night I was driving home from a party at St Ives, at about 11pm. I stayed below the speed limit the whole way home, as you do, and I'm going along Wakehurst Parkway. Coming towards the end, where it goes into the start of Seaforth, like just into the 60 zone - I slow from 80 to 60 as the speed zone changes, because often I see police with radar guns just after the zone change.

This idiot driver behind me in an Astra kept trying to overtake on the inside - yes inside (it's a single lane road). He did it first on the blind corner and nearly crashed into a tree and then into me. Meanwhile I'm thinking that this guy is either on drugs or on the run from police!

I've had about enough of his shenanigans now, so I raise my hand out the window and flip him off, the dickhead. If he wants to stop to 'discuss' the matter, I'm more than happy to give him a new facial reconstruction courtesy of my club lock, for endangering my mate's and my life.

We then get to the straight section coming through Castle Circuit and the cunt crosses the double white lines to overtake me. He won't last long, hopefully.

I travel that route regularly and I always come to grips with someone as you turn right off Warringah rd and the ones on the outside of you hammer to beat you before the lanes merge, instead of merging like a zipper they end up cutting you off. :x :x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:38 pm 
T51

Car: S12
Nismodified wrote:
The fucker decides to drive on the empty right side of the road, and over take me, the wheel was at full lock and i was about to turn in. If i didnt look, he would of t-boned me !!

I had something very similar happen a couple of years ago. I couldn't believe it at the time, and I still have trouble comprehending the stupidity of the other driver. I'd indicated for a reasonable time, at least 30 metres, before starting to turn right when the abortion bucket escapee behind me overtook me on my right side - on a 2-lane road with an empty left lane, no less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:15 am 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
the only thing i can think to explain it is, they want to get into an accident and they think they have a reasonable chance of coming away with a cash settlement. One day ill drive a fooking hummer, and ill have my revenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:34 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
rusty1 wrote:
I travel that route regularly and I always come to grips with someone as you turn right off Warringah rd and the ones on the outside of you hammer to beat you before the lanes merge, instead of merging like a zipper they end up cutting you off. :x :x

That shits me off hardcore.

I don't let them in, I just stick it in second and sit about a foot away from the car infront. Same deal the intersection north of there, frenchs forest road intersecting wakehurst parkway. When you're sitting on the hill at the lights in the right hand lane, you see the dicks who come through the left thinking they can sneak in, happens everytime. It's okay if they're not from the area, but these people do it everytime they go there, probably think they beating everyone.

I was driving home from a partay at about 2.30 this morning, I was doing the speed limit, maybe a little more, and I was getting people overtaking me on the wrong side of the road doing up to 130 easy. If they had like, three pregnant woman in the car about to give birth or something, then yeah, but no, I found myself at the next set of lights with them, and i LOL'd at them. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:03 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: sil80
what pisses me off on the beaches is when merging from forestway onto warringah road, idiots come to a complete stop meaning that you have to stop behind them and by the time u get to the front of the que, you have to merge with 70km/h traffic.

now I go hell slow about 20m before and let the tards sort themselves out, and when its clear get up to 60-70 so I can actually merge safely

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:40 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
3AM wrote:
you have to merge with 70km/h traffic

... that's when you use boost :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm 
Twin T78

St ives, friday night. Indicating right for about 50metres, slowed like normal bout 10m from turn in and some dick passed me on the right!!!! Black VW passat - wanker.

So many dicks on the road these days!

That's what she said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:42 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
Magnet wrote:
3AM wrote:
you have to merge with 70km/h traffic

... that's when you use boost :)

That's what boost is made for ;)

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:03 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

thats weird i haven't had much trouble in st ives or up north shore way...

where was the party in st ives at? invite me next time!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:21 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
radism wrote:
thats weird i haven't had much trouble in st ives or up north shore way...

where was the party in st ives at? invite me next time!!!!

It sucked, so don't worry.

:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:08 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: S13
had some blonde almost t-bone me in a white lancer last saturday... i was turning right at a set of lights, there was 1 lane going the other way and one of those parking lane things that was empty... i rolled out as your supposed to, wheels still facing forward etc, waiting for a gap, light goes orange, the cars kept coming, then it went red, so as i went to go through (as i was in the middle of the intersection) some blonde chick came flying up the parking lane thing going straight, ran the red light and almost flogged me... lucky i saw her coming and floored it!

And i wasnt doing anything wrong, i was turning right so i rolled into the intersection like you're supposed to, just so i was over the line by about half a carlength... i would have just let her hit me if i didnt love my car so much, sue her for emotional stress or some shit...

:evil: :x :(