Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:18 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
i want a silvia wrote:
Sorry if I come across as a bit of a wanker, but I've never been hassled or even pulled over by the police?
Me only 2 times and that was up the cost and out west. It's our area dude, cause you have seen my car it sticks out like dogs balls :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:00 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
Nismodified wrote:
Quote:
the japanese have a saying. 'the nail that sticks up,gets hammered down'

Justin, you stole that saying from fastandfurious tokyo drift ! :P

you actually watched that shite?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:47 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
SamBo wrote:
Nismodified wrote:
Justin, you stole that saying from fastandfurious tokyo drift ! :P

you actually watched that shite?

Australian hottie. Japanese schoolgirl outfit.

'nuff said.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:56 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

yeah i haven't been hassled once by cops in my area (north shore) but my car is completely stock so that might be part of the reason...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:08 pm 
T66

Car: S15 & ae92 Levin
unfortunately i can barely drive my S15 around cause everytime i do i get pulled over for defects which sucks like hell. But you jus gotta beat them at their own game. ENGINEERS REPORT 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:27 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Gazelle - CA20E
I'm just chasing my two cents. (isn't aimed at mystical's topic)

It isn't a game. The amount of cars driving around with modifications that have been installed dodgy or simply incorrectly that have done, do, and will cause serious injury or life threatening injuries is amazing.

A lot of you do (as do I) make modifications like FMIC, turbo upgrades and I guess the teenage simplest of an airfilter/BOV that in most car enthusiast eyes is, 'what’s the big deal'. Yes, they aren't big deals but it leads to a bigger picture.

Despite the so-called sound pollution and emissions/la-de-da crap, they aren't major defects. Yet, this is the basis of a rule that needs to start somewhere. If complying by engineering rules and getting a certificate can for example, help stop shit-house backyard so called 'brake upgrades' where they'll test them at light-speed to find it was wrong and kill an innocent group let alone themselves, well, get your bloody mods engineered. If they’re done correctly, it’ll pass wont it?

If it doesn’t, can you really complain?

I know some people are going to have examples of items like tyres or this and that, but in a blunt picture, that really is it.

Get your car engineered and have your certificates. Its not there to ‘stick it’ in the cops face, its there to show that your adhering to the rules, the mods are road worthy and that’s it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:40 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
JayS14 wrote:
Scathing wrote:
What's the maximum length the police can arrest and hold you for without charge?
4 hours but the new terrorism laws that they rushed I(bull shit) in may have changed that.

If there is suspicioun of terrorism, I believe you can be detained for up to 2 days while evidence is either collected, or dis-proven.... (dont quote me on this, it's hear-say information).

As for dealing with Police, you need to be polite, but firm, dont be scared of them and turn into a scared little fuck, be firm, and be supportive, if you have a question, your entitled to ask it, it might be stupid and simple, but in the heat of the moment, it might very well be a valid question.

As for cops and defects, I have not had an issue with police in my area, I drive around in a car with modified air box, atmospheric BOV, a slightly high-flowed stock cat converter, and now seriously dark window tinting, and 90% of the time, my car's front numberplate is off because I clean and wax and polish (and all the other garbage) my car every few days, and I dont like the paint fading out the plate, nor do I like cutting my hands on the sharp edges, so it's removed.

In my area, no issues,but when I go to Brisbane, I am pulled over for parking lights that "look too blue", pulled over for Fog lights, to "inform me" that they cant be used in sunlight, or night time (but I wasn't actually using them, tis ok they are only notifying me), they want to check my rolling hieght (it's on stock suspension), then they want to have a look under the bonnet (are they authorised as general duties police, or qualified to know what they are looking for??), and all this time, I had driven up to the local hosipital which had an all night chemist to get my parents script filled in for my fathers cancer and heart medication which I was meant to get earlier in the day but had forgotten about.

I get absolutely reemed until I give the police that explanation, then they say prove it, to which I produce both medication, scripts, and receipts, and then I get let go.

Why do they do it, because they can, who stops them, knowbody, why, because it's to much effort.

Why be polite, because if you piss them off, they can go to town on you, and I have seen defects for crap like "no rubber on the pedals", "suspect no water in wiper bottle", etc, so being polite means you get 1 defect, being an arse means a few more.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:24 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: Snail
cops are the biggest gangsters...
they can do anything and get away with it most of the time...
my mate recently got defected for the most stupid thing ever...his gearknob :roll:
i myself have been pulled over for a "random breath test" and what was worse was during the cronulla riots...driving through bankstown at 1am...i got pulled over for "rbt" and it ended up to be a 45minute strip search of my car for "illegal" items/weapons..and my record is clean...
Biggest gangsters i tell ya :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:47 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180sx - Type X
I don't have a problem with the police defecting for things that are defective, as its been said most people know that they can and can not do to there car, and if you do mobs (allot of them) then yeah maybe a engineer certificate is the way to go.

However what gave me the shit that night is the police told me my car was lower than 100mil, when its not. it got tested and passed on a flat rd at 110mil. Simply what happened is the "rbt" was done on a rd that had a ditch making the car sit lower than the rd. Now to me that very unfair and not profession of the police when I question the quality of the road, and the only response was "we do it here all the time and it doesn't matter" I points to the rd where the cop did admit that the left side of the car is sitting lower because of the 'hole" on the rd. but still was happy to issue the defect and not re-test the car on a more suitable rd., but instead just keep on saying I’m not fining you just issue the notice.

Sorry I don’t car that it was “just the notice” as it mean’t I had to go out of my way to get it cleared for something that should have never been issued. The Police got the shit because I took photo on the night of where my car was parked showing the rd and the ‘rbt’ station. Stuff them.
Only thing is I got no proof that the car was not ‘raised’ to get it cleared, so I really don’t know if it worth the BS in escalating what happened. As said police are the biggest gangsters and always find away to win (most of the time)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:04 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
dont worry i was busted for having a car too low also. didnt clear 100mm. my boot was full of about 80-100kg of work stuff, and they stopped me on a downslope (when you put on your handbrake the back of the car goes down further) but they wouldnt retest it on a flat surface.

i had it cleared the next day but it was kinda a waste of my time and money when all they had to do was drive 200m to the flat carpark that i could SEE from where they pulled me over.

kinda dodgey but i didnt want them to lift the bonnet and defect me for anything else, so i took it on the chin and realised it could have gone a lot worse. but i WASNT fined. they also gave me 28 days to clear it. so it wasnt all that bad.

Post subject: defects
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:42 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180 Type X
ive had my s15 for 2 weeks and i was issued with a yellow label defect and 4 days to clear it.. in which i did due to contacts.. lol

however my only defects were exhaust, battery not tied down, and bov? and that got a yellow label! and blue slip needed. wtf! wat an a55hole.

and my mate got defected in his integra type r for his SPOILER! wtf! even though it came out factory the coppa insisted it was a defect as it was big.

dumbass's....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:57 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
Years ago when I was young in my mothers car, my mother actually asked the police for his name because he was giving us a ticket for the wrong reason and u know that fucken son of a bitch said to us "Is it so that you can kill my family?" and other such remarks. If a prick of a cop says that to me now I wouldnt rest until he gets sakced or I receive a written apology

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:22 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
It wasn't Tim Priest pulling you over, was it?

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject: Re: defects
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:42 pm 
TO4

Car: CA18DE S12
deniz86 wrote:
ive had my s15 for 2 weeks and i was issued with a yellow label defect and 4 days to clear it.. in which i did due to contacts.. lol

however my only defects were exhaust, battery not tied down, and bov? and that got a yellow label! and blue slip needed. wtf! wat an a55hole.

and my mate got defected in his integra type r for his SPOILER! wtf! even though it came out factory the coppa insisted it was a defect as it was big.

dumbass's....

Why didn't you just throw the battery into the engine fan yourself? It would've fallen in, caused an electrical short, and possibly a fire sooner or later.

Lucky you got that defect, huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:25 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
if you may or may not have noticed, most FMIC piping kits actually stop the battery from being able to move more than 1cm in any direction. Its physically impossible to get the battery in my 180 to move in any direction but vertical thanks to the S13 hybrid kit