Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:17 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180sx - Type X
My car is off the rd at moment cause of someone that hit me and so on.
so at the moment i'm driving around in a little susuki Cupachino (spelling)
the car is stock apart from the muffer.

On that note, Driving home from parramatta tonight, the cops pulled me over on george st for a "Ramdom Breath Test" and in my mirror i see the FAT highway petrol officer coming towards my car with the hight tester.
he start to roll it under my car and it HITS!!! so he tell me to pull over up a head because he is going to issue me with a defect.

The cupachino has not been lowed and is still got all standard susuki parts,
The rd that i got tested on has a ditch (spelling) on the left part, meaning the road sit higher than the bottom part of your wheel, and the fat cop didn't even run the stick under my car properly he had the handle part pointed up towards him.

when i told the cop that my car is above 100mill cause its stard hight, and points to the part of the road that cleary show its a ditch, we spent a good 15min Arging the law and that i would not take his reason for defect, and the F--ker wouldn't even run the stick under my the car again on a more flater part of the road to prove to me that it really is lower than 100mill

So now i got 7 day to clear a bullshit defect for a car that ia more than 100mill of the ground. I know it will pass but its just bull how cops can do this stuff and get away with it, making me waste my time and money clearing it. oo and i never got the "breath test" in the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:32 am 
Twin T51

Car: silbeer
EDITED by BT. There's no need for name calling. We like to think that we have a good relationship with the NSW Police.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:55 am 
T66

Car: S15 & ae92 Levin
same thing happened to me and a mate the road was completely slanted and he was defected for being to low and then he said let me move the car to level ground and they jus hassled him more, unreal some cops have no lives and don't do the job they are required. I'm pretty sure the badge says TO PROTECT AND SERVE not TO HARRASS AND IMPOSE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:43 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
This is why you take their name and badge number.
They are supposed to give you that information, just like you're supposed to hand over your license to them when they ask.
Then you report the guy for wasting your time and tax payer's money

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:11 am 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
Badge number is american. Their name is all you need.
If their name is "John Smith", then find out what station theyre from.
They get very upset if you ask for a badge number!

Why are some cops pricks? Because they can be :lol:

I know what its like to be persecuted by them, both because of the P under the number plate, and the type of car I drive. I had the rego cancelled on my last sil because a cop defected me. I got it cleared, and the RTA didnt process the paperwork properly - cancelling my rego for 'not clearing a defect'.

I had to take the matter to court to get my rego reinstated (otherwise id need a blue slip :lol: ), but in the meantime, I was without a car for 6 weeks while waiting for the court date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:13 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
Black Panther wrote:
same thing happened to me and a mate the road was completely slanted and he was defected for being to low and then he said let me move the car to level ground and they jus hassled him more, unreal some cops have no lives and don't do the job they are required. I'm pretty sure the badge says TO PROTECT AND SERVE not TO HARRASS AND IMPOSE

it only says 'to protect and serve' in the US. over here,their duties are not clearly defined,however,I do know that it is officially NOT their job to protect you.

this kind of harassment is usually handed out to people they feel are undesirable in that particular area. they defect you,follow you,constantly 'RBT' you,and so on,so you'll feel uncomfortable,and will hang out somewhere else.
I used to cop this sort of thing a bit when I was younger. to cut down on it,don't drive like a dick on the roads,modify your car within the law (where it's visible :wink: ),and don't try and stand out too much.

the japanese have a saying. 'the nail that sticks up,gets hammered down'. it applies here also. don't make yourself noticeable,and you'll have less grief.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:18 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
fergo308 wrote:
this kind of harassment is usually handed out to people they feel are undesirable in that particular area.

Apparently well-mannered, articulate, and let's face it handsome, guys in stock looking reasonably priced sports cars aren't desirable on the North Shore. :)

I don't think I've ever been "random" breath tested (as opposed to getting pulled over when they set up shop on the side of the road and pull everyone over) anywhere aside from driving up the Pacific Highway between North Sydney and Hornsby.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:34 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180sx - Type X
Police in Australia do have badge number, a cop has a choice to display there name or have a badge number if they dont want to display there name. (i know this cause my cop mate has number displayed on his badge instead of his name)

But i got all the details i need to take the matter higher, and i will.. the fact that i got test on a rd that was not flat and was not retest on another part of the road that was flat, now mean im going to take it as high as i can just to prove a point.

the susuki is 135mm standard so that is not much higher than the legal limit but is still with in the laws.. What really has me tick off, is i was in parramatta eating dinner with mates, i got in my car to drive home, turned the cornor after the light went green and got pulled over, I was not hooning around or hanging around the area!! I understand police have a job to do, but to defect me for something that does sit above the legal limit is crap... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:34 pm 
T51

Car: S12
If you have a phone with a camera, take photos and (politely but firmly) make it clear that you are gathering evidence to show that you have been unfairly treated. You may find you get treated somewhat better. Certainly a damn sight better than you'll be treated if you abuse them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:44 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
Either that or, if they'll withdraw whatever spurious charge they've tried to press on you and they'll hit you with everything they can.

"Hey, I suspected the guy of having drugs from his overly defensive manner, so I detained him while the dog squad got there. Then we pulled the car apart."

What's the maximum length the police can arrest and hold you for without charge?

Of course, if you're ethnic and he suspects you of "terrorism"..........

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:37 am 
T51

Car: S12
Calling in large amounts of backup will require filling out large amounts of paperwork and risks legal action. Saying "ah fuck it get lost before I change my mind" requires no paperwork and carries no risk of legal action. I like the odds on the latter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:25 am 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Scathing wrote:
What's the maximum length the police can arrest and hold you for without charge?
4 hours but the new terrorism laws that they rushed I(bull shit) in may have changed that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:23 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
In every job industry you get people that are great at their jobs, and those who are shit. I think you got hard done by.

Quote:
the japanese have a saying. 'the nail that sticks up,gets hammered down'

Justin, you stole that saying from fastandfurious tokyo drift ! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:33 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
Sorry if I come across as a bit of a wanker, but I've never been hassled or even pulled over by the police?

I drive a loud, black S13. I could probably lose my licence under the Provisional licence modification restrictions, yet not once have I been pulled over yet.

So why do they hassle people who don't deserve it? I'm not sure.

There are two reasons why I think this hasn't happened to me yet:

1. I live in an area where there aren't many modified cars. I've never seen or heard of a 'defect station' around here.
2. I drive sensibly at all times.

Anyone else got any ideas?! :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:38 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
Paint anything shiny, aftermarket and psuedo-dodgy under the hood matt black, course if theyre serious about nailing you for anything, deserving or otherwise, they'll just send you off to the EPA to be annoying cunts.

Secondly, dont be a knob yourself. I know its hard when someones jerking your chain but just try not too lose your rag on them, especially if theyre young cops, young cops are just looking for a reason to be an arsehole to someone and they really do like making people miserable.
I mean lets face it, you have too be some kind of bastard too want to drive around all day just booking people and living in hope something actually intersting might happen.