It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:37 am 
T25

Car: S15 Spec R
JayS14 wrote:
Haha what a dumb fuck :D

I HATE PEOPLE THAT DON'T USE INDICATERS so much. It's my biggest pet hate when it comes to driveing :evil:

..Tailgaters are my biggest pet hate, followed by the "indicatorless" squad. I don't think BMW install indicators on their cars - I've never seen one indicate :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:40 pm 
TO4

Car: 1992 Pearl S13
Just out of curiosity, how many of you here ride moto's ?

I going to make a fairly large assumption, and say not many at all..

Because if you did ride, you would see the rider is a tool, but understand that seeing as every one in a car is out to kill you :-?

E.g. This sounds horrible, but on a moto i generally NEVER indicate, now i know you will all chuck a hissy fit, but let me explain...

If you do indicate, people block you, simple as, they speed up to stop you from moving into their lane.

I also do ride fairly fast, but this is because I accelerate away from all the tools who don't realise how to use their mirrors, when your 200mtrs in front, no one can just merge into your lane.
Which by the way has happened to me a few times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:30 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
SilviaNSW biker gang REPRESENT! :lol:

Been pottering around on a few different bikes lately. I really should get a working bike one day. My '71 hasnt worked since '79, and its not really the sort of bike you could ride around daily (Classic suzi)

I'll agree with you Stalemete. Car drivers are total pricks. A mate of mine now punches out side mirrors of cars that cut him off, saying "Its not as though they use them anyway."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:02 pm 
TO4

Arkhaeon wrote:

Been pottering around on a few different bikes lately. I really should get a working bike one day. My '71 hasnt worked since '79, and its not really the sort of bike you could ride around daily (Classic suzi)

I'll agree with you Stalemete. Car drivers are total pricks. A mate of mine now punches out side mirrors of cars that cut him off, saying "Its not as though they use them anyway."

LOL~!

I hear that, seriously thought after being run into the back of like 3 times while sat at the traffic lights, you really start to question the general populace's driving ability.

Oh and for the record, EVERYONE should learn to ride a bike, it makes you much more conscious of what is on the road around you.

-= End Rant =-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:49 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
i ALWAYS check twice, for motorbikes.

I even say it to myself everytime i switch lanes :)

I am motorbikes friend!!

I'll even move over so you can sneak to the front of traffic, because, hell.... id do it if i could fit!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:06 pm 
TO4

Serial Killa wrote:
i ALWAYS check twice, for motorbikes.

I even say it to myself everytime i switch lanes :)

I am motorbikes friend!!

I'll even move over so you can sneak to the front of traffic, because, hell.... id do it if i could fit!! :lol:

Well from all of us, thanks :D

Now thats one person, only several million to go :roll:

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:30 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
Well, one day I'm gonna make mince-meat outta you hot dogging bastards! :evil:

BURN!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:40 pm 
Quad T88

I'm nice to bikers, when you're trying to sneak up through stopped traffic, and there isn't enough room, i fold my mirrors in.

I'm a nice guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:55 pm 
TO4

i want a silvia wrote:

BURN!!

Dude... i didn't understand a work of that :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:22 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
Stalemete wrote:
i want a silvia wrote:

BURN!!

Hot-dogging is where you scum attempt to travel between stopped cars in traffic or at intersections. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:32 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

i want a silvia wrote:
Stalemete wrote:
i want a silvia wrote:

BURN!!

Hot-dogging is where you scum attempt to travel between stopped cars in traffic or at intersections. :P

I dont have a problem if motorbikes do it

It's the cyclists i hate!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:36 pm 
TO4

Serial Killa wrote:
i want a silvia wrote:
Stalemete wrote:
i want a silvia wrote:

BURN!!

I dont have a problem if motorbikes do it

It's the cyclists i hate!! :evil:

OH~!

Where im from its called "lane splitting"... much simpler really :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:21 am 
T04 Hybrid

Car: SW20 MR2
Stalemete wrote:
Arkhaeon wrote:

LOL~!

I hear that, seriously thought after being run into the back of like 3 times while sat at the traffic lights, you really start to question the general populace's driving ability.

Oh and for the record, EVERYONE should learn to ride a bike, it makes you much more conscious of what is on the road around you.

-= End Rant =-

+1 dude.. you become like spiderman and develop spider senses as you are much more aware of your surroundings and less distracted.

We should learn understand each other a bit better.. In every gene pool, there is always a tool that makes us look bad. This is the same for bikers. Not all of us are like the guy TB mentioned.

A rider is much more skilled than a driver IMO. Operating a bike involves every part of your body. All limbs are in used in controlling and even the body and head is used for steering. We are more with the road because everything we do requires more negotiating and planning (roadcraft).

Bikers are less likely to be distracted then Cagers. We have no CD players, mobile phones, newspapers, cigerettes, coffee, makeup etc. Bikers concern is his/her life and all we can do is prevent getting caught up in the mistakes of others by being more aware of peoples actions. We look at a drivers head reaction, avoid being in blindspots, doing head and mirror checks contantly, look at road conditions etc..

Even though bikers wear helmets, they still have better pepherial vision than cars.

Bikers lane split for safety and arguably to get from one place to another quicker. It safer at the front of traffic as there is less chance of being sandwhiched. Cagers should be aware of the benefits of a motorcyclist who lanesplit, as one biker at the front of the queue is one less car that you have to queue behind in peak hour (same with buses).

I do oppose L/P platers on bikes who lane split and those who lack judgement on when its safe to do so. Cars must be all stationary and that there is more than enough room to do so. If lights are to turn green while attempting to lane split, use indicators to show intention of the lane you are selecting. I have not learnt to do this cos after a year of riding and an upgrade of a new bike, im still learning.

Watch out for Motorcyclist. There are more of us then ever.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:43 am 
TO4

Mako wrote:

+1 dude.. you become like spiderman and develop spider senses as you are much more aware of your surroundings and less distracted.

We should learn understand each other a bit better.. In every gene pool, there is always a tool that makes us look bad. This is the same for bikers. Not all of us are like the guy TB mentioned.

A rider is much more skilled than a driver IMO. Operating a bike involves every part of your body. All limbs are in used in controlling and even the body and head is used for steering. We are more with the road because everything we do requires more negotiating and planning (roadcraft).

Bikers are less likely to be distracted then Cagers. We have no CD players, mobile phones, newspapers, cigerettes, coffee, makeup etc. Bikers concern is his/her life and all we can do is prevent getting caught up in the mistakes of others by being more aware of peoples actions. We look at a drivers head reaction, avoid being in blindspots, doing head and mirror checks contantly, look at road conditions etc..

Even though bikers wear helmets, they still have better pepherial vision than cars.

Bikers lane split for safety and arguably to get from one place to another quicker. It safer at the front of traffic as there is less chance of being sandwhiched. Cagers should be aware of the benefits of a motorcyclist who lanesplit, as one biker at the front of the queue is one less car that you have to queue behind in peak hour (same with buses).

I do oppose L/P platers on bikes who lane split and those who lack judgement on when its safe to do so. Cars must be all stationary and that there is more than enough room to do so. If lights are to turn green while attempting to lane split, use indicators to show intention of the lane you are selecting. I have not learnt to do this cos after a year of riding and an upgrade of a new bike, im still learning.

Watch out for Motorcyclist. There are more of us then ever.

Thanks

Wow, I think he just pretty well summed it all up then.