Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:28 pm 
T25

Car: '97 180sx Type X
Don't get me wrong, I'm as much of a hoon as anyone. But last night i was driving along the Frankston freeway and the guy in front of me was tailgating the person in front of them and trying to force them to move over. We were in the right lane, but the guy was doing the speed limit and overtaking cars, it wasn't like he was just sitting in the right lane. Then the tool decides he'll overtake in the dirt to the guy's right. In doing so he sprays dirt and rocks up at my car (which i had just spent hours detailing) and put a chip in my front bumper. The funny thing is that the guy being tailgated and I were the ones who are P-platers! We aren't always the ones driving like idiots!
Good news is I got the guys number plate and reported it to the police. Though it doesn't look like that's going to advantage me and my chipped bumper because "I can't prove that the chip was caused by him". My bumpers only a couple months old!
Anywho, just thought i would get that off my chest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:54 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
there is one thing i have learnt in my short life

people suck

but some dont :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:14 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180sx - Type X
agreed i think Today tonight and them type of show should stop targetting "p-plates" and actually see who are the bad drivers

One day im going to take a vedio camera in my car and then send it to them, with a note "stop targeting hoon, and have a real look at the bad drivers"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:21 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
Ban low performance drivers, etc.

I see so much fuckwittery on the road, and its usually from random people (not P platers or guys driving performance cars, which are minorities) yet the cops will happily overtake them to pull me over because my car happens to get rave reviews from car magazine reviewers (aside from a certain curly haired old fart).

Sorry to hear about your car. Nothing worse than a freshly cleaned car getting crap dumped on it.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:27 am 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
Scathing wrote:
..car magazine reviewers (aside from a certain curly haired old fart)...

:lol:

JE ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:39 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

JC, yeah. :)

Everyone else (Hamster, Tiff, my darling Vicki <3, Jason Plato, Tom Ford, Motor, R&T, SCCA, CAR, EVO, etc) think the car is great.

But everyone listens to JC - must be because his initials are the same as Jesus Christ or something.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
NOS is boss
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:49 pm 
Quad T66

JC ? im confused !

going by one of your posts on NSCC though about the cars 'crashiness' and harshness on public roads, you cant say his comments were all unwarranted ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:51 pm 

Car: MKV Golf
Isn't Alan talking about Jeremy Clarkson?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:56 pm 
Quad T66

ohhhh haha i was thinking julian edgar ;)

http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2129/article.html
http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_1839/article.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:29 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
he's got his head up his arse too. anyone who feels he has to 'improve' a 32 gtr by making it drive more like an rs liberty (that he owned before the gtr) and less like a silvia clearly has issues. he smashed his own 32 because he couldn't control it,and blamed nissan's 'poor design' in the attessa electronics. funny how noone else worldwide seems worried by it...

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:36 pm 
Quad T66

HAHA oh man your still clinging onto that justin.. i recall you bringing this same thing about JE up before.

imo hes just too old to enjoy something as hard edged as an r32 GTR. and so yes his opinion and judgement on it may have been quite biased, but i think in general his car reviews are pretty good.

he speaks his mind, which is something thats lacking in almost all big mag car reviews ive read. and very importantly, he accepts his mistakes, and publishes alot of them on the 'response' column they do. his review on the 350z was quite good i thought, and the downfalls he listed, particurlarly about its suspension, seem to be quite true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:38 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I am,because it just springs to mind so quickly,and is a perfect example of what he's like.

I read his book a few years ago as well,and could poke so many holes in it that it really wasn't funny. it didn't bother me as,for starters I didn't pay for the book,and second, I'm a tradesman and know better than to believe it to be gospel,but there are a lot of people who don't know better and can get themselves into real strife reading a lot of what is published in this country.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:55 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
...like hot4s

LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:11 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

mokompri wrote:
JC ? im confused !

going by one of your posts on NSCC though about the cars 'crashiness' and harshness on public roads, you cant say his comments were all unwarranted ;)

I'd never heard of Julian Edgar, to be honest. Does he also write for Carsguide? I remember reading a review of the BMW Z4 M (you know, the M modified version of a 2 seat, open top, sports car) where the reviewer bitched and moaned about how the car was too fidgety and you always had to be in "race mode" to drive the car, or otherwise it was unbearable.

In my mind, that makes for a good M car rather than the overweight M3 and MENSA-challenging M5.

I'd concur that, in a lot of ways, the 350Z is a disappointment. Its not a quantum leap over the Z32 in terms of power, and from 03-05 the ride of the cars is atrocious. That said, I could run it through the Nasho, up the Old Pac, and down Putty without feeling I was going to get airborne and sail into the scenery.

It was just not the supple ride you'd expect from such a large, heavy and well sound damped car. When you hit bumps, it felt worse than a Tein Flex equipped S15 (which is not a bad ride, but you can tell its not OEM).

Some of Clarkson's problems with it (crap exhaust note, flimsy interior) are also justified.

But the car is quick in the old-school muscle car way. Like Julian says, you have to work in the Z to get the best out of it...but it will be better.

If he reckons a Clubsport of the same period will keep up with the same driver he must be dreaming, or a crap driver. The car won't keep up on the track where the Clubbies extra torque and long gearing can be used, and where the extra weight isn't as bad.

On a set of switchbacks, where you rarely ever get to run WOT for more than a second or two, and you're asking the car to constantly change directions with no straights to settle the weight and suspension in between.....the Z will shit all over the Clubsport.

And then the Clubsport will overheat its rubber because it relies on tyre grip rather than suspension design to get around a bend, and then slide off into the trees.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
NOS is boss
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:29 pm 
Quad T66

Scathing wrote:
I'd never heard of Julian Edgar, to be honest. Does he also write for Carsguide? I remember reading a review of the BMW Z4 M (you know, the M modified version of a 2 seat, open top, sports car) where the reviewer bitched and moaned about how the car was too fidgety and you always had to be in "race mode" to drive the car, or otherwise it was unbearable.

In my mind, that makes for a good M car rather than the overweight M3 and MENSA-challenging M5.

mm nah i dont think he does.

but i know what you mean, different cars have different purposes and aimed at different people, the review should be unbiased in its approach to its purpose, or review it for what it was intended.