Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:55 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180sx - Type X
/vent on

Well i have had my first accident on my 180 (not my fault) had the car for a few year, so i must admit for my record it was a pretty good run

What Piss me off is that, People are ALWAYS cutting in front of me from side street, and this time was not able to avoid hitting him.
I wish people would open there f--k eye when driving, and pay more attenition on the road.. Stupid program like Today tonight make us look like the bad driving cause we drive nice sport car. But say nothing about the f--ken idiots on the road who dont look or pay attention when driving.

And typical the guy that hit me trys to lay the blame on me, saying i was speeding.... ARRRRRRRRR i could of killed him when he said that :evil:

Front left panel needs replacing and the rest of the leftside need to resprayed..

does any one think its worth speaking to the panel shop to see if they will let me put the wide gaurds on, afterall they need to get a normal gaurd for the left.

/vent off :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:11 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
If your getting paid off for the accident, im sure the panel shop will help you out in repairing your car with how you want it fixed, your bringing them business !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:57 am 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
It doesnt matter if you were speeding; legally he is at fault because he didnt leave adequate distance.

I know a guy that pulled out from a T intersection, as the road either way was clear, only to be T boned, flipped, spun 3 times.
The other car was doing over 200km/h (in a 50 zone).
The guy that pulled out was declared at fault.

Thats bullshit to me.. "You should have had psychic powers to tell there was a car coming"

Regarding the widebody issue; most places wont care, as long as any extra cost is covered by you.

Get a quote for the standard repair, then a quote for the wide guards - pay the difference between the two and no worries!

Actually.. another case lol..
A friend of mine had his 180 reversed into, but is now sporting a full uras kit with wide front guards. His broken ARC smic is now a hybrid FMIC.

Hes had to pay an extra $1000, but that seems worth it to me :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:19 pm 
T28 Hybrid

its all good, i got the other guys calm number and car should be in the panel shop some time this week. :D

The panel shop said he can put the wide gaurds, but he is not sure if the inner gaurd protectors (spelling) fit will fit the wide gaurds. and i dont really want to drive around sydney with out those gaurds.

aa well at least im getting all the little dings and shyt fixed up :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:05 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Hey Guys,

need little advice on what to do, NRMA are going to repair my car, however the panel shop that i went to had first told me his was NRMA approved. Mind you this panel shop was given to me by the person that
hit me.

Today NRMA call me up saying that the panel shop i selected are not NRMA approved, and they wont cover the repair if anything goes wrong.
so i called the panel shop who finally admitted that his not nrma approved but that he still does repair there cars and nrma are only saying that to me
because they want me to go through one of there repair places..

to me panel shop are all the same cr*p, is it worth sticking to an approved repairer over one i choice that not approved or ever dealed with before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:25 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: R33 GTSt, 180sx, TT Soarer
You are probably better off going to the NRMAs preferred one. At least that way you have the benefit of making sure the repair is good and they have to keep fixing it until it is right. They will probably still do the the wide guards etc if you talk to them.

As for the guard liners, they really don't do much, they just make the inside of the guard look neater. As long as they make sure the wires are tied up properly. I have had heaps of cars and as soon as I lower them the first thing I do is pull out the guard liner.

Jeff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:26 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Mystical wrote:
to me panel shop are all the same cr*p, is it worth sticking to an approved repairer over one i choice that not approved or ever dealed with before.
Panal shops are not all the same crap. There are good ones and bad ones.

NRMA are evil. And just cause the panel shop is not NRMA approved dosn't meen there any better or worse than a apprved one. Wait I take that back non aproved ones are probly better cause they did'nt put up with NRMA's crap online quoteing (Witch is bad and evil but thats another story) last year that caussed a huge shit fight and dodgy repairs.

But the NRMA will fuck you if you don't do what they say, So make sure you look into it very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:14 am 
Twin T51

Car: freakin' mirage
JayS14 wrote:
But the NRMA will fuck you if you don't do what they say, So make sure you look into it very well.

Holy fuckin' shit dude!! hows your arse?? :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:05 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
being in an industry full of sooo many dodgy people, and picking between 'guaranteed' repairs and non guarenteed repairs (and also lieing about their affiliation with NRMA), i would pick the safer option everyday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:10 pm 
T28 Hybrid

i know panel shop are not all the same cr*p what i meant was to me they are all the same, as i dont have a certain one i would trust over the other.
(even my mates mate done a dodgy job on my other mates car :roll: )

but yeah i was not happy that this panel shop tried to sneck around me to get the business. NRMA are evil :evil: and the web system from what i herd is not going to happen.
On the otherhand i went to have a look at one of NRMA "network" panel beater, and this place look nice and clean are far from dodgy and was also the same place Just cars had sent me when some one hit me in my old car and i need the spare wheel cover replaced.

but yeah as some of you guy said, im going to "play it safe" manly because its NRMA that is paying for the repair.

Thanks all for the advise. :D