Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Crazy overtakers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:14 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
Well,I feel lucky to be alive tonight. Coming home from the shops tonight I'm cruising along on a main road minding my own business chatting to my girlfriend when this idiot decides he's going to overtake a line of FOUR cars travelling the opposite way to me by crossing onto MY side of the road about 50-60m away from me.
luckily we were in my Gf's civic,and that my lane was wide enough for me to pull over close enough to the parked cars to my left to avoid being slammed into by the moron who crossed the centre at 120km/h. if we were in the stagea,I'd be in the morgue right about now.

he missed our spoon aero mirrors by a couple of inches at best,and he blasted past so fast that I couldn't describe the car any better than 'a light coloured sedan,about the size of a falcon' which is very much out of character for me. anyway, I'm just glad that I'm still here...

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:42 pm 
Quad T78

Car: Silvia
Far out, cant believe such idiocy that goes on on the roads, actually scratch that. :roll: What I want to know is where are the Police when this kind of stuff is going on?

Im glad you are still here too mate.

Post subject: overtakers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:55 pm 
T88

Car: V-tec Yo
hey champ

good to hear that you and your GF are ok. hopefully someone stops the person before they injure or kill someone.

today some guy overtook me aswell, i was just going at the speed limit...anyway he jumped in infront of me with his "ful sik" black syline with chromes and as he came into my lane the back spun out and his left rear chrome nicked th gutter.......LOL :D

too many C#cks out there.

Harry :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:45 am 
Twin T78

It seems theres more and more inconsiderate/neglegent/dangerous and straight up idiot drivers on sydney roads daily :evil: That is f**ked up. Glad to hear you're ok Justin!!

-Mitch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:03 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
Gunmetal wrote:
What I want to know is where are the Police when this kind of stuff is going on?

Im glad you are still here too mate.

Probably out busting all the P platers for having exhausts that are too loud :roll:

Glad you're ok man. So many people do such dumb shit on the roads. Problem is they're the sort of people who cause other people to have accidents yet they themselves get by fine. I wouldn't count on them to hang around at an accident they caused either...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:46 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
Thanks for the replies guys.

What got me the most about the whole thing was that the guy would even try a move like that. he had no clear road to power past on,as the two lanes on his side had a steady stream of traffic in them,as did the lane I was in on my side,and the lane to my left was full of parked cars.

people with normally functioning brains don't pull out into oncoming traffic and then accelerate. this guy did. the only reason he got past is because I nearly clipped the parked car to my left,and the guy he was overtaking at that point moved over and cut off the car to his left. moron hadn't gotten past the line of cars by the time myself and the cars behind me got there,we all had to move out of the way to avoid being killed by him.

I'm upset that I couldn't get his rego number,because if I had,I'd have gone around to his place and sorted him out before he actually does kill someone.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:45 am 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
fergo308 wrote:
I'm upset that I couldn't get his rego number,because if I had,I'd have gone around to his place and sorted him out before he actually does kill someone.

Justin...

and how would you have made the connection between his plates and his location ?

its an unfortunate reality that no matter how good a driver you are, you
can still get majorly fu**ed on by some other idiot who hasnt got half a clue on the road. i almost got side swiped by some moron the other day, he forgot it was a 2 lane road

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:59 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
ive lost count of how many stupid things i see on the road everyday. its fucked. people are fucked. i dont know how people get their licences!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:46 pm 
Twin T51

Car: silbeer
mokompri wrote:
fergo308 wrote:

Justin...

and how would you have made the connection between his plates and his location ?

thats what i wanna know keke
mate these days u jus worry bout urself not anyone else on the roads.. doesnt matter if ur good theres always someone worse.. very lil u can do if ur in 1 car and hes in another no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:15 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
Its good to see your alright mate, thats way too close for comfort..

As much as you dont trust road goers and and stay super alert on the roads, every now and again someone always doesnt something so stupid that makes you freak out.

I was nearly T-boned by a fool coming out of a driving, dont know how i braked and swerved going downhill, but i managed to avoid writing off my car :(

Im so paranoid now by people exiting intersections, driveways etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:55 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: s15
that makes me angry just reading about it

important thing is that you guys are ok

just vent it out mate, you'll be right in a coupla days

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:12 am 
T28

Car: 89 240sx
I know this is an old post, but ever since i read it, I've notied an insane amount of people doing just this...

I've been trying to conserve gas, so I've stayed off the boost, just watched the gauge and stayed right in between vacuum and boost. EVERYONE, and I mean everyone feels some need to pass my car. dickheads in their SUV's fly by me, and then flash their hazards as they cut me off.

Some dude with his girlfriend on the freeway last night was being an idiot in the left lane, and wouldn't move over... so I cut around him, and looked over at them as i very slowly overtook them... I kinda nodded to his girlfriend, she was cute. :wink: out of nowhere, he gets in behind me, and screams up to my bumper, then rips over to the other lane and glares at me as he flies by. What a dissapointment it must have been when his shitty N/A USDM 4 banger couldn't keep up when I dropped to 3rd gear, and cranked the boost up to 13psi.

I seriously need a sticker that says; "This car is not a racecar, put your money where your mouth is. Get PWNED on the track."

fucking wankers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:45 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

lol i'd love to see that on a car. it seems like cock-faced-ness is a global problem!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:08 am 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
ZEi20T wrote:
ive lost count of how many stupid things i see on the road everyday. its fucked. people are fucked. i dont know how people get their licences!!!

It's not how they get them that bothers me, I have seen dodgey licences obtained, but what really scares me is how people HOLD ONTO their licences, I have seen some dangerous shit since I have been on the roads.

I am not an angel on the roads, but I wont risk people's lives to have my own fun.

B.