Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:38 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
too much JDMST from you mister !! :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:46 pm 

Car: MKV Golf
LOL I haven't been on there for months - i might have to make a return in the near future! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:16 pm 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
ZEi20T wrote:
fergo308 wrote:
but...what if it's true? :P

i know where you live, and no springs for you :P

splashman wrote:
but yes you are a tool. and you cant drive. :P

and ill catch up with you later hehe

its true im not that much of a good driver. im happy to admit it!

Zei has to come clean because there was witnesses and he can't deny it :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:32 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
Quote:
Is there something good about FWD N/A civics, preludes, accords etc that im just not seeing?

Theyre generally a lot better than a lot of things like, KIA's, Hyundi's and so forth in terms of not blowing up, build quality is on par with things like Toyota's and I do think theyre a worthy vehicle for the money.
Im not one to be pushed by peer opinions of the drivers.
However, theres only a few types of them.
Teens which borrowed mums car
Young people who bought their first car
Really old people who still think its Tuesday and wondering when pension day was again.

Now, thats not exactly a demographic you want to get lumped in with, even if you do buck the mean average of being a clueless knob behind the wheel. I think my last argument was with a honda owner who thought there was only 3 versions of the B18 engine and ended up calling me a senile, vile old man, which I probably deserved too but I've rarely got time for Honda owners.

Performance, well the Integra Type R's, think they where the 3rd Gen beasties before they got really fat in the 4th gen, are pretty good little cars for what they are. Handle well, go very well and dont tend to explode very often, pretty much noob-proof and put up with a lot of abuse, which they have to do considering who buys them.

After that theres just the S2000's and NSX's, but even if youre, young, beautiful and rich, prepared to pay up the biscuits for a nice car like those (which where rwd too from memory so not the fwd budget-boxes the others are) it must be kind of tough getting your arse handed to you by some ugly old bloke in an old, not very nice S13.

Post subject: Re: FWD Hondas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:23 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
Serial Killa wrote:
Is there something good about FWD N/A civics, preludes, accords etc that im just not seeing?

The sports variants are quick cars, some of the quickest in their class. They're already pretty hard tuned from the factory, so there's very little to do to them.

When Motor ran the WRX, S15 and DC2 Type-R the DC2 was one of the quickest on a road course.

The EK Civic Type-R would probably outrun the N15 Pulsar N1, and the VTiR was a lot quicker than your regular SSS. Which, at the time, made it the quickest hot hatch out of Japan.

Even now the "current" Civic Type-R (the one made in Europe) is quicker than a WRX in the wet, which means it would probably eat up an S15.

As I said in a thread ages ago, FWD cars are easier to drive on the limit than RWD cars. Which makes them great cars for a novice driver with an interest in learning how to carve corners to get into. They're quick, responsive, and forgiving.

The only thing is that they require the driver to be committed, which means it requires a modicum of skill or a desire to acquire them. Unfortunately patience and learning roadcraft aren't high on the list of priorities of the up-and-coming sports car driver, and its easier to just rely on big power to pull away in the straights than it is to dive into a corner at breakneck speed and come out the other side unscathed.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:29 pm 
Twin T78

I've driven a DC2-R with coilovers and decent tyres... It was cold so I cant speak for acceleration or braking, but I thought very highly of it! It just felt good! I have since been in the car with the owner driving it when it was warm, although he's a bit of a straightline hero, he put it though one corner and theres no way I tought it'd come off ok with how he threw the wheel, but it turned perfect! Theres a thread on NS.com "DC2-R vs. S13" which discusses the topic a bit.

Scathing's right (as usual), I would love a type-r with some suspension bits and sticky tyres... But the price gets me :(

-Mitch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:28 am 
Twin T04

Car: ek
honda are great cars for people who like to save petrol