Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: F**ken 4WD's
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:57 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Ok there I was minding my own business when some fucking soccer mum in here 4WD decides its a good time to change lanes and turns straight into my Silvia now I have a fucked front bar, fucked n/s/f guard, fucked n/s/f wheel and something bent in my n/s/f suspension (I have't had a look under the car yet). So we pull over I'm yelling at her and she is yelling at me then after we carm down, we swap detales. then about 10 mins later another car pulls up with her friend driveing and her husband in it and they say they saw the hole thing and that i'm at fault, I say bull shit you did'nt see shit she just called you. Then get this people, The husband say well there are 3 of us and 1 of you, so your fucked.

So after all the shit I get all there detailes and they get mine, Then I go to the cops to tell them what happend and they say they can't do shit and wont take a statement.

So I'm going too tell my Insurance compony when I can get in too contact with them and see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:08 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: 2012 Golf TSI... least its boosted!
Thats extremely fucked up man.. hope it works out for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:51 pm 
Twin T51

Car: coon
it shouldn't matter how many of them there are, but unfortunately, if it looks in any way like you've come from behind then its going to be hard for you to prove anything.
keep us informed man, this sounds like its going to be a rough time for you.
It seems that there are more and more fuckheads popping up on the roads each day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:02 pm 
Quad T78

splashman wrote:
it shouldn't matter how many of them there are, but unfortunately, if it looks in any way like you've come from behind then its going to be hard for you to prove anything.

I know it shouldn't mater how many of them there is but you never know if it's 3 angnst 1, But hey I've got nothing too hide I'll have too see what the assessor says when he comes, I want it back on the road now, I could have it all fixed up in a week or two but unfortunly im going to have to wait till all the insurance crap is worked out and that can take a bit of time sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:36 pm 
Twin T51

Car: coon
yeah insurance is always a hassle, who was the other driver insured with? hopefully not the nrma..... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:39 am 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
A decent assessor will be able to tell exactly what happened and write up a statement for you.

There is a big difference between damage caused by you side swiping/running into the back of another vehicle and a vehicle turning into your car (frontal vs side impact).

So get an assessor to look at it. describe the damage and probable cause in writing. Make a statement to the cops, they can't not take it, you are reportintg an accident.

Were there any other witnesses? shops around? Independent witnesses are the shiz in this situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:47 am 
Quad T88

Car: Nissan 180SX
i got fucked over in a similar fasion

i got hit from behind in the passanger rear quater panel, whilst i was turning into a street.

the lady who hit me was an old bitch, and she lied to her insurance company.

she actually processed the claim without telling them the truth.

i had photos of the damage, her skid marks on the road, where all her glass from the accident was on the road etc.

the only witness i had was my gf who was in the car.

she claimed that i overtook her and dived into the corner. how bullshit of a manouver is that.

the thing is, the nrma being the fucktards they are, got back to me and said that "the accident could of happened either way, we dont know who is telling the truth" , "so you wont have to pay for her damages and we wont have to pay for yours"

the thing that shit me is that, 1 day after the accident, i went around to her place and i saw a courtesy car in her driveway. I called the smash repairer and went to go have a visit to them. I explained i was involved in the accident with this lady and they gave me the insurance claim number and all. The insurance didnt even know that i was involved in the accident.

I was going to take it to court but i was young and stupid. now i learn these fuckers must pay and if it happened again i will be right down there at local court.

-mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:11 pm 
T51

Car: S12
That is well and truly fucked. Its all very well to cause an accident, but the way people just refuse to take responsibility for their own actions just shits me - so, I've developed a strategy for dealing with these fuckers.

Pretty well every phone these days has a camera. AS SOON AS SOMETHING HAPPENS whip out the phone and start taking photos. Even better if it has a voice recorder too - but don't forget to tell them that you're recording or its very illegal.

Just think - photos of the location of both your vehicles immediately after the accident, including their physical relationship, and a voice recording of her and her friends admitting that they were going to lie to the insurer and the cops.... that'd fuck 'em!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:00 am 
T04 Hybrid

Car: SW20 MR2
I feel for you. Insurance companies are fucktards, and i hope the shareholders and board of directors give birth to retarded kids...Thet are no fucking better than the banks...

Anyways my brother's in shit with the authorities coz he went beserk at a taxi driver that was in millimeters from swiping him... he punch the taxi with his window still up... His hand is all cut up... my bros a dick i say, but these days, the amount of dickheads on the roads is unbelievable, and the funny thing is that the good guys always get ass raped... I.e, a junkie who cant afford rego and insurance, let alone a car hits you. You cant do shit but take them to court... you'll probably win, but at a financial loss... the junkie has no license, so they cant suspend him/her, and they have no money so they cant fine them either... fuck... our taxes pay for thier carefree-lifestyles...

Camera fones are they way to go...

Here is another warning aswell, if you are involved in an accident, memorise the licence plates immediately. People get out of the car and look at the damage rather than the other car's plate... wat happens is the driver at fault will casually say, 'hey listen, we are blocking up traffic, lets move into a side street', you hope back in move and the other driver speeds off whilst you have your back turned...

Also, another tip as refered by my insurer... see if you can get police at the scene. The police are always acting 'busy' so they only turn up if a vehicle is needed to be towed away or if their is someone injured...

If you know you are not in the wrong and the other vehicle is clearly at fault (reason is, the person at fault will be charged with neg driving and loss of demerits points), ring up the police and state that there MIGHT be someone injured...

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:16 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
Mako wrote:
Here is another warning aswell, if you are involved in an accident, memorise the licence plates immediately. People get out of the car and look at the damage rather than the other car's plate... wat happens is the driver at fault will casually say, 'hey listen, we are blocking up traffic, lets move into a side street', you hope back in move and the other driver speeds off whilst you have your back turned....

happened exactly like that to me, but lucky my car was faster :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:22 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
zei20l wrote:

happened exactly like that to me, but lucky my car was faster :)

Do tell....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:23 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
there is a big ass post from a few years back that i did. do a search in bitching forum on a thread i started :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:42 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
I fuckin' hate people like that, the fact that it was a woman in a 4wd makes it even worse. 2 weekends ago i had four 4wds pull out on me within half an hour, most of them were mothers, with kids in the car, ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:20 pm 
Quad T78

Hey all,

Has any one ever delt with Famous?
Man it happend on friday and they where shut all weekend and it was a public holiday in WA today so I'll have too give them call again tommorrow.

I want my car back to it's former glory now :x :x :x :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:33 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
end of the day,remember this. you have her name and address. enough said really.

Justin...