Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:19 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
i think we need to expand and include all of australia and ALL of the USA too :)

europeans arent so bad, you need more training to get your licence, and its harder to get them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:33 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I really don't know what's going on anymore. is it just me,or have things gotten noticeably worse in the last 6mths or so? it seems like a huge chunk of the population just suddenly decided to not give a toss about anything anymore.

you get so much attitude from everywhere these days. people in shops don't want to help you,people in big companies on the end of the phone can't be arsed even picking the phone up,and prices for things are just rising and rising with no apparent checks. what goes on on the roads is just one small part of it.
anyone have an idea on what the cause is?

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:10 am 

people arent getting enough sex

but seriously, its because people dont want to take any responsibility for their actions, and because they think like this, they believe that its someone else's problem or someone else will take care of it. something along the lines of that lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:51 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
fergo308 wrote:
what goes on on the roads is just one small part of it.

Justin...

Probably because you havent been able give kids a good kick in the pants when theyre being dickheads, otherwise they scream bloody murder to the cops and welfare agencies. Over time there's just gunna be a couple of generations of apathetic dickheads who have no accountability or responsibility for their actions and not a shred of self discipline.
Some clever bugger with a uni degree even more useless than mine would probably have some socialogical term for it.

But I call it the 'Meh Factor"

Problems I see the Meh Factor causing are major things like the cronulla race riot shit and pretty much every case of juvenile crime or social mischeif you can think of.
All the politicians pretty much wash their hands of any responsibility, everyone else is saying 'aw, must be the slack fucking parents fault' and the cops cant do anything because we've got a revolving door legal system policy for anyone who's under 18 and doenst commit a multiple homicide to go into court, walk out of court and a slap on the wrist.
Fact is, parents have their hands tied.
You can tell the little shits no, but if they dont listen to you, theres no way of really enforcing them to stay home out of trouble, dont take drugs, dont hang out with bad kids and all the other shit because the government took discipline out of the household and effectively handed it to?
Them? Nope..
Social Services? Nope..
Cops? Have better things to do than discipline kids..
Teachers? Lol, these guys are too scared to take more than two steps near a kid or they'll be done for sexual harrassment.

So, who enforces discipline on society, who's basically raising us to have self discipline and respect?
Nobody.
We're a pack of politically correct soft cocks that need a good thrashing to straighten up our shit, respect our neighbours and stop being stupid pricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:26 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Very well said MK. I agree with you.

Its like our new 1st years at work. They quit after a week or 2 if there made to do any thing like cleaning or over time. They can't take it. Nobody wants too do any thing hard these days or be responsable for any thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:38 pm 
T51

Car: S12
Thank fuck other people are thinking the same way as me. I thought I was being a reactionary old bastard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:48 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Fester wrote:
Thank fuck other people are thinking the same way as me. I thought I was being a reactionary old bastard.

We don't think the same way as you and you are a reactionary old bastard. What ever that is. :D

Haha. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:25 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180Sx
----mk--- id have to agree with you .....

no one these days has any respect for other people and other peoples belongings

i have always treated people as they treat me seems if everyone could do this it would be a much happyer place

i do think things will only get worse(and somepeoples driving haha)

---zei20l--- your right no one wants to take responsibility for there actions
i think its because most people dont care what they do/say to people

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:42 am 
T04 Hybrid

Car: SW20 MR2
MK wrote:
fergo308 wrote:
what goes on on the roads is just one small part of it.

Justin...

Probably because you havent been able give kids a good kick in the pants when theyre being dickheads, otherwise they scream bloody murder to the cops and welfare agencies. Over time there's just gunna be a couple of generations of apathetic dickheads who have no accountability or responsibility for their actions and not a shred of self discipline.
Some clever bugger with a uni degree even more useless than mine would probably have some socialogical term for it.

But I call it the 'Meh Factor"

Problems I see the Meh Factor causing are major things like the cronulla race riot shit and pretty much every case of juvenile crime or social mischeif you can think of.
All the politicians pretty much wash their hands of any responsibility, everyone else is saying 'aw, must be the slack fucking parents fault' and the cops cant do anything because we've got a revolving door legal system policy for anyone who's under 18 and doenst commit a multiple homicide to go into court, walk out of court and a slap on the wrist.
Fact is, parents have their hands tied.
You can tell the little shits no, but if they dont listen to you, theres no way of really enforcing them to stay home out of trouble, dont take drugs, dont hang out with bad kids and all the other shit because the government took discipline out of the household and effectively handed it to?
Them? Nope..
Social Services? Nope..
Cops? Have better things to do than discipline kids..
Teachers? Lol, these guys are too scared to take more than two steps near a kid or they'll be done for sexual harrassment.

So, who enforces discipline on society, who's basically raising us to have self discipline and respect?
Nobody.
We're a pack of politically correct soft cocks that need a good thrashing to straighten up our shit, respect our neighbours and stop being stupid pricks.

10 points dude!!!

the most politically correct statement i have heard since slice bread...

our next generation of kids are going to be way too smart and heaps more daring... my nintendo had only the directional pad and 2 buttons... look at the PS2 controls... 10 fingers and 12 buttons and 3 directional controls and they can master that when they were 6!...

They are daring, I had this ankle biter approach me - about 4yrs old askin me for a ride on my motorbike... i was taught stranger-danger by my parents...

The internet will help them be exposed to the world more earlier... and they will find out about sex, how parents cannot lay a hand on them etc. etc....

sleep now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:39 am 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: 1988 S13 CA18DE now SR20DET
MK well said. 100% agree.

Another thing that drives me nuts is the people that think they are racing drivers @ 5k/hr by veering in the opposite direction just before making a turn, trying to flatten the corner out. :evil:

Why Drive When you can drift?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:17 am 
T04 Hybrid

Car: SW20 MR2
Time to bitch...

Transfer / Notice of disposals annoy me...

Everytime you purchase a car, you have to pay like a small percentage on transfer costs (6% me thinks)... its double dipping by the government...

When the car is purchased brand new, these cost are already accounted and paid for by the initial customer.

Letsay the car is passed thru 6 differenet owners in its lifetime, the government makes money on those 5 last owners...

Can imagine how much they make if it was like a 40K car ($2400), the second owner purchase it for 35K 4 months later ($2100)... and a third owner purchase it for 30K 6 months after that ($1800)... Thats like
$6000 bucks for a peice paper with a new name and new address... thats f'n busllshit!!!

It should be a one-off payement by the intial buyer.

Another thing that annoys me is Insurance. They should enforce or incorporate Third Party Property damage into the the Compulsary Third party insurance... This will make all cars that are registered on the roads automatically have liablilty if they are at fault. There wouldnt be an issue of taking out the person at fault to court because they dont have insuarance and wasting more money on legality costs. Victims always lose out because it waste so much time and it is not feasiable sometimes. Most victims who win get like a $5 per month payout for like 10 years and the phone calls you make to the sheriff adds up to a new car!!. If everyone had third party property damage and provided the insurance companies arent a bunch of wankers, life would be a little less stressful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:27 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
don't get me started on insurance companies..... :evil:

even when you're cleared of wrong doing,and the other party is declared in the wrong,and is charged,you still get bent over as you only get paid out at wholesale prices,and extras aren't added onto the total.
you would think if you weren't at fault,you'd be recompensed an amount equal to what you have lost due to the other person's negligence. but you're not,you're given 3/4 of the book value and told to piss off.

when my last S14 was written off by an old bitch who forgot to look to her right before pulling out from side street with a give way sign facing her, she was charged with culpable driving,I was told I couldn't have done anything to avoid the accident. she got paid out by her insurer,as did I - 4months later,at the lowest wholesale value on redbook - $10,400. my insurance company walked away and didn't want to do anything for me.
I went to a solicitor and argued that the car was rare (purple base model manual,with dealer optioned ABS and rear spoiler),had over $10k worth of extras at the time of the accident,and for my medical expenses and lost income.
I got an extra $500 out of them and was told to argue it in court if I wanted more. that didn]t even cover the bill for the solicitor.
I had to strip the wreck at home myself,sell off all the parts that had survived,and then sell the wreck privately just to cover the payout figure on my loan.

fuck the NRMA.

then there's premiums. all the way through,they've kept at a similar rate,whilst I've gotten older,and my record has improved... when I was 21 cheaper rates went up to 25...when I was 24,it went up to 28...now that I'm 30,it's over 35... you can't win. regardless of my age or the model of car (and I've owned quite a few over the years) the premiums have never been under $2k. a couple were over $3k a year. you'd think they'd at least kiss you before they bend you over wouldn't you?

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:47 pm 
T51

Car: S12
They're too busy reaching for your wallet to kiss you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:37 pm 

fergo308 wrote:
fuck the NRMA.

im totally with you, after being lied to by them because my car is comercially registered, they told me id never get a green slip for under $350. hmmm maybe ill check before i hand over a weeks pay to you.

thanks for the $220 save AAMI, ill take YOUR business thanks.

the only thing IMO NRMA is good for is roadside support, and that they bring batteries to you when you need them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:38 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180Sx
transfer fees are bullshit all together a few buttons manages to cost you hundreds and sometimes thousands id hate to pay transfer fees on a bently or rolls royce eeek

insurance companys well the only people that win are insurance companys
unfortunaly there in it to make money....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next