Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Things that annoy me
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:05 am 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
Busses get their own private special lane in certain places, but then you try and drive down the same street which is 3 lans (2 car lanes and a bus lane) only to find the bus lane empty, and the other 2 lanes choked with busses.

Keep left unless overtaking (not so bad in Sydney, but Brisbane and Melbourne, DAMN!!!

People that talk on their mobiles phones, but hold them 5 cm away fromt heir head with speaker phone on (it's still against the lawe people, just cause your using speaker phone makes no difference, you are still holding the phone).

These are just a few things that annoy me (but you just live with it I spose).

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:49 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
bus drivers are great. that little give way sticker on their back window makes them exempt from all the road rules in their minds.

I've lost count of the number of times I've had them pull out without looking or even signalling first forcing me to stand the car on it's nose to avoid a collision.
I had one pull out from the stop on the corner of my street the other week when I was already half way past him and had been signalling that I was going to turn into the street for the last 100m. he cut me off,forcing me to brake hard enough to have the abs cut in,then leaned out the window and abused me. I told him what I thought of him,that it was e who was in thw wrong,and then put the car in park,and sat with my arms folded staring at him with my car blocking the whole street saying that I could wait all day for him to move. eventually he did and I went back about my business.
since that day I go out of my way to fuck up bus drivers.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:01 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
that annoys the crap out of my too, fair enough if you are BEHIND the bus to let it into the traffic, i can understand that. but when im next to it, i cant see the sign, nor can i see his indicator, but I still have to stop for him because he moves into my lane.

my mate copped a bus down the side of his car, literally the whole side of his car was ruined by a bus. the bus also kept on driving claiming to not see him or notice hitting his car.

untill my mate got infront of the bus and stopped him, and when passengers said they say everything, did the driver remember that it might have happened.

i think sydney busses settled in cash to get his car fixed. but that was something like 3-4k later for repairs

Post subject: Re: Things that annoy me
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:28 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
Turbo_Brian wrote:
Busses get their own private special lane in certain places, but then you try and drive down the same street which is 3 lans (2 car lanes and a bus lane) only to find the bus lane empty, and the other 2 lanes choked with busses.

Near Krispey Kreme in the City. The street that runs parallel with Carrington Lane, off Margaret St.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:14 pm 

funny you should mention being sideswiped by buses,as I was once years ago too. had one cut into my lane mid-corner in paddo and smashed in my indicator and guard on the near side. he didn't notice,and I followed him all the way back to the depot fuming. when I got there though I realised that he would just deny it,and it would be my word against his as noone else in the traffic at the time saw it,and I was alone in my car,so I let it go. not happy jan.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:16 pm 

if there is blue paint on your car, thats a pretty good indication that there has been some contact.

but now you are older and wiser you would have done something about it. when you are younger, probably want less of an incident.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:27 pm 

there wasn't anything obvious that tied the damage to the bus though,that was the problem.
the impact smashed the indicator,and cracked all the paint off on the impact area.
I was pretty pissed off,believe me.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:57 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
Yep, busses seem to think they own the road, I was in a bus when it pulled out and hit a nice new Jaguar, it hit so hard into the arse of the Jag that it was spun around, but he then claimed that he was in the right, that was until most of us said we saw him take off, but never check the mirror.

He then tried to claim he didn't notice the hit, but it was LOUD, so loud it echoed inside the bus.

Another thing that annoys me is Taxi's (or any car) with left foot braking.

Brake lights on, off, on, off, reminds me of a prostitute's underwear, on and off.

Either use the brakes, or lift your foot OFF THE PEDAL.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:12 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
Back when I used to do a lot of highway commuting it was the truckies that used to piss me off the most. Be quite happily dawdling along at 120-130 or so in the middle of the night and have some c*nt truck driver sit so far up my arse you'd swear he was a proctologist through the day.
Literally a metre off the back bumper.
Pull over and let them go past and they'd still stick up your arse so they could slipstream, so I borrowed a mates 150w hunting spotlight and used to jam the bastard out the back window and flick it on to give them a blast, soon sorted that shit out.

Think that was pretty much the end of my life as being a civil, responsible driver and just a matter of being a bigger bastard than everyone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:25 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
i think most of us here are pretty passive in a sense that we go about our own business in a civil way untill some loser does some irrational manouver which cause us to go off.

Round abouts shit me off, to me the system is simple and logical, but ive lost count of the idiots who have forced me to brake hard mid corner to avoid them as they enter the circle prematurely and impatiently. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:33 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
Yeah, thats pretty much it for me. Ive actually got a fairly good temper and dont tend to lose my rag on anyone, unless theyre trying to kill me in another motor vehicle and its a bit hard not to take it too personally.

Roundabouts in Sydney are scary for the simple fact that no fucker indicates on them!
Even if you see them in the centre or outside lane, its not a guarentee they're not going to just decide to go right anyway, or straight ahead, or in the guy next to them lane, the funniest ones are the little low round abouts that I watch garbage truck drivers just plough straight over the top of and keep wandering off on whatever mission they've got in mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:35 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: s15
FARQERS WHO TURN RIGHT IN THE LEFT LANE AT ROUNDABOUTS!!!

dunno if you guys know the massive roundabout at kingsford ..... the number of times ppl have turned right in a left or straight only lane while i've been in the right trying to go straight!

And the guys that hammer it down the left lane merges lane to sneek about 6 cars in front of you while you try to be political by sticking in your lane thinkiing "there's no way im letting that guy in!" - but i mean its ok if i do it

Last edited by EVILS15 on Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:37 pm 

i think with the amount of times i see idiots do stupid things im just immune to it now

i was driving with a mate and he was surprised that i didnt touch the horn or shout at anybody when we got to our destination.

yeah i surprise myself sometimes lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:40 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
if theres an incoming car whether it be a round about or intersection, i never proceed with a turn unless i see them commit, that is, i see there wheels turn and follow into the corner.

Even then i was no match for the unstoppable tarago soccor mum

trust NO ONE on sydney roads

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:11 pm 
T51

Car: S12
Nismodified wrote:
trust NO ONE on sydney roads

There's a lot of other wisdom about the lunacy of many road users in this thread (roundabouts, OH MY FUCKING GOD AT FUCKWITS ON ROUNDABOUTS), but that statement from Nismodified really does say everything that needs to be said.