Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:59 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
zei20l wrote:
for a second there i thought you were talking about real estate agents

the only difference between the two (generic salesman and real estate agent) is the size of the commission. they will both promise you the earth while they bend you over their desk for the proverbial arse raping.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:01 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
hahah thats exactly what i was thinking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:14 am 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
Serial Killa wrote:
Priceless photo!! :lol:

The side-on shot looks much worse, but funny thing is, I could almost lift the front of the car off the ground with a few friends hanging on the couch, but the rear suspension didn't even lower, and the entire car felt solid and was actually still pretty punchy.

I will post up a side-on shot of the car later today.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:49 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
Turbo_Brian wrote:
Went past 1 cop, he looked across with a weird look on his face, went past another and got the red and blue lights, pulled over, blew into the device, and then he said I was right to go (must have thought I was drinking to be carting a 2 person sofabed in a 180sx sports car).

I'm surprised he didn't defect you for having some kind of giant wing on the back of your car.

"What do you mean its a hatch? Just take your oversized 'Gee-Tee' wing and tell it to the RTA, son"

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:32 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
Turbo_Brian wrote:
...the Financial controller...

:lol:

one of my friends in retail said they saw a customer come in, ask another employee questions for 40min, then say "alright well im going to go buy that at meyer because there cheaper, they just wouldnt answer my questions.."

there are alot of bastard customers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:25 pm 
Twin T66

mokompri wrote:
Turbo_Brian wrote:
...the Financial controller...

:lol:

one of my friends in retail said they saw a customer come in, ask another employee questions for 40min, then say "alright well im going to go buy that at meyer because there cheaper, they just wouldnt answer my questions.."

I would have given the people answering the questions a chance to reduce their price to match or better Myer (cant believe for a minute Myer is cheaper than anything) before leaving and buying elsewhere.

I have bought stuff at higher prices (and am about to again) because the people I am buying from are decent people, and have put effort and time into my cause.

I am about to spend an extra $100 at Unigroup Engineering to buy a brand new turbocharger, when I could get the same thing cheaper at Gcg, the difference is Unigroup spent 30 minutes on the phone, and offered to spend more time with me in my turbocharger selection, the other place took 4 days to return my email, and offer me a different product, and not even answer my initial question (another 1 that cant give a farking answer, I ask "how much, and how long", they say they can provide within 5 days pickup, or 8 days delivery, but never once told me what the cost was for anything).

B.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:15 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
Turbo_Brian wrote:
..cant believe for a minute Myer is cheaper than anything) before leaving and buying elsewhere...

how about david jones ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:22 pm 

Turbo_Brian wrote:
I have bought stuff at higher prices (and am about to again) because the people I am buying from are decent people, and have put effort and time into my cause.

B.

I'm the same,I buy my tyres from the local bob jane for about $20-30 a corner more than what I'd get them from the temple of chrome for,because I get good service and backup from the former,and pathetic service with no care taken from the latter.

Justin...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:58 pm 
Twin T66

fergo308 wrote:
Turbo_Brian wrote:

B.

I'm the same,I buy my tyres from the local bob jane for about $20-30 a corner more than what I'd get them from the temple of chrome for,because I get good service and backup from the former,and pathetic service with no care taken from the latter.

Justin...

I got shit service from my local Bob Jane in Chatswood, I went in asking for expensive tires, I wanted 5 (yep, a full sized spare included) Pirelli P Zero Nero, but after giving the dickheads 5 working days to order them in, I ended up rocking up and being told "we dont have the Pirellis, but we have Germany's best brand, Fulda.

Without any time to research this unknown brand, I just said whatever, I need the tires for rego, and got them on.

After 20,000kms, the tires have about 10% left, but my previous tires had 10% left, and I got 20,000km from then before they became illegal, Fulda are shit, and I will NEVER go back to Bob Jane in Chatswood!!

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:29 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
fulda's are actually a decent tire, in my experiance with them anyways

I had a set fitted to my mothers RX8 and yes they wear out quickly but compared to the potenza re040's it had previously they are pretty good. They were fitted about 14,000km's ago and may last till 20,000.

Mum doesn't drive the car hard but the old man gives it a flogging of a weekend and he actually likes them. The limited driving I have done in the car Id have to agree with him too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:11 pm 

maybe I should clarify my previous statement. I was referring to the bob jane close to ME,not to bob jane franchises in general.

I use the one in bondi junction,and have always been well looked after.
they know what I get up to,and know the kind of gear I want to buy.
helping them out on occasion makes things easier as well. it's the old story,you look after them,and they'll look after you.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:29 am 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
Quote:
it's the old story,you look after them,and they'll look after you.

Possibly the best part about the trade.

The business' you build a realationship with are always willing to help out when your in need of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:23 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
Fulda are also the guys who commissioned Maybach to build the Excelero, as a test mule for their high speed tyres.

From what I've heard, they are a reasonable road tyre. Just without the international motorsport pedigree of Pirelli and Michelin.

Then again, if BMW, Mercedes, Porsche etc weren't fitting Continentals as OEM we probably wouldn't have heard of them either.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:48 am 
Twin T66

from my limited experience of Fulda, the tire it's self isn't bad, the grip was great, and wet weather was reasonable, but the life-span of the tire (which I wanted to be reasonable) was rather nasty.

I was using Potenza RE050 previous to that, picked up the tires with the wheels I bought which had 20,000km's on them, I them placed another 40,000km's on them, and still had rubber above the wear blocks.

Bah, I am not shitty with the tire, as much as I gave someone a week to order me a specific item, and they couldn't get it right.

The guys also told me my car at the time wasn't able to have the camber or Caster adjusted how I asked, yet after getting new Bridgestone tires fitted at the Bridgestone centre, they adjusted the camber exactly how I wanted it (almost to the figure I wanted), so the Pacific Highway Artarmon Bob Jane has now become a black-spot for me, I avoid it like the plague.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:48 am 
T51 Hybrid

Car: None of your fucking business
I gotta say.. you have no right to bitch cause your questions were answered as they should be..
they were in no way in the the wrong..
Quote:
1. how soon can we have the goods after finance is approved/payment is made?
A. We have hundreds in stock right now, so straight away.

You didn't say anything about getting it delivered at this stage. so it seems like you want to know when you can "take" your couch once you've paid.

Quote:
2. How quickly can delivery be organised, I want my goods STRAIGHT AWAY!
A. We can get Delivery aranged over the phone within 30 minutes.

you asked how quick the deleviry could be organised.., they said OVER THE PHONE within 30 minutes.. isn't this obvious to you that THEY aren't the peeps that deliver and that they organise it with the delivery company?
so they an ORGANISE (read: book) the delivery within 30 minutes and tell you when the delivery will be.

Quote:
3. How long will I be sitting at home waiting for the delivery truck?
A. They will call about an hour before they arrive, so you wont have to wait.

nothing wrong here.. basically telling you you don't have to wait around at home all day like when you book a job with telstra and they say between 9am and 5pm.
you were told that you will be notified an hour before delivery date so that you can get home or organise someone to receive the goods.

Quote:
4. Can goods be dispatched today?
A. No, they will probably be dispatched about Wednesday or anytime you specify after that.

again.. straight answer to your question. they obviously do the deliveries on Wednesday or a time after that which suits you.

SO.
the problem is with you.
how is it the sales persons fault that you didn't ask the right question which requested the information you required in the answer they give.

that's like saying "what time is it" to someone then saying "yeh but on which day of the week"

if anything, the sales person should join this forum, start a thread in the bitching section abdout some arrogant dickhead 180 owner who kept asking stupid question regarding when he can scratch his balls on a couch he bought from them.

:roll: