Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:51 am 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
Driving home yesterday, after a pretty decent day at work, I decide to stop of at Coles for food, and cut the back streets of Chatswood to get home.

I pull up behind this Commodore at an intersetion with a crossing on it, he's turning right, and so am I.

I stopped about a meter away from him, and a car pulled up about 2 meters behind me, we all wanted to turn right.

Before I know it, and without any warning, I see the arse of the commodore moving towards me (the fucker is reversing, but no reverse lights),, I slam reverse, slam the horn, drop the foot, and after initial wheel spin, I start moving, and slam my brakes on so as not to reverse into the guy behind me.

This clown stops reversing, drives back to exactly where he was previously, and then takes the corner.

I take the corner sideways to follow this fucker around and not let him out of my site, at this point I have put High beam on so he knows I am following him, and after he pulls over, I find out the clown is talking on his mobile....

I was polite and calm about the whole thing, explaied to him that my car is hard to find parts for, expensive to repair, and with Pearl paint, it pretty much triples the price of repairs. I also asked him why he thought he needed to reverse, and his responce "I didn't see you behind me".

I can accept his excuse of not seeing me, the car's low, probably under his mirror level when you take the angles into consideration.

At this point, he gave me his business card, and I told him I would go over the car further when I could check under the bumper and everything else.

I then told him that I would be informing the police of the incodent, the fact he was talking on his mobile while driving, and the fact he reversed straight into me, and the person behind me also stopped and vouched to be a witness.

The question is still there that he needed to reverse, and also that his reverse lights did not come on, his rego has also been reported to RTA for this lack of signal lights.

Upon later inspection, his exhaust pipe nicked the bumper and took off a little paint, but other than that car's fine.

I have emailed him off with this information, and photo's of the paint damage, and informed him that I am seeking repair quotes for this damage, and will split this bill 50% with him (as there is other damage on the bumper bar requiring a re-paint anyway).

People on mobiles, and people that are not concious of their surroundings SHOULD NOT be behind the friggin wheel.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:23 am 
Quad T04

Car: XR4
What a fucking retard! Don't go 50/50, just make him pay for everything i say :wink: Make him learn from this lesson!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:25 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Gazelle - CA20E
.....Dude... dude.

As annoying as it all sounds, thats just Sydney roads.

Big woop, the dude was on his phone. Chances are his reversing light fuse was gone...

If you tell police, dead set, its a waste of your time and mainly their time. Its a bugger having drivers like this out there, but it ain't that bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:28 am 
Twin T51

Car: S13 K
Sounds like you had a fun night Brian. At least he pulled over and is willing to pay for the damage :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:05 pm 
Twin T66

Biggles wrote:
Sounds like you had a fun night Brian. At least he pulled over and is willing to pay for the damage :)

Yep, true.

I spoke with a couple of smash repairs, and they recon it will cost roughly $500 to repair and respray, I was told by one rip-off merchant that it would cost them $60 just to match the paint, and a further $200 to order enough paint for the job, funny thing is I matched the paint in Unanderra for free, and already have more than enough for a simple bumper re-spray sitting at home.

I will hopefully get soem realistic $300 quotes, and then go halves with him (halves because I can get the bar done by my cousin for about $100 anyway).

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:09 pm 
Twin T66

Well, haven't things gone my way out of this incident.....

Just emailed off pics and the verbal quotation to this guy, and he has replied asking for a formal quotation of repair of my car, and his Company's insurance will completely repair the front bumperbar.

This means that my front bumper bar is going to be paint matched, sanded completely smooth, and fully re-sprayed at no cost to me, so all my stone chips and other nasties will be repaired completely at no cost.

It's annoying that I will end up loosing my car for a day or 2, but at least I get the entire front bumper-bar resprayed at no cost in pearl paint :)

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:12 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
maybe do what i did, take the car there, they remove the bar. they do their stuff, come back in a week (or however long) and they put it back on the car.

that way i could still drive to work etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:43 pm 
Twin T66

zei20l wrote:
maybe do what i did, take the car there, they remove the bar. they do their stuff, come back in a week (or however long) and they put it back on the car.

that way i could still drive to work etc

Or inform his insurance company that due to his negligence, it will take a week for the car to be repaired to a reasonable level, therefore I require a rental car in the meantime to fullfill my work duties (which would not have been impaired if their client had been more careful).

I am not going to push it, I am pretty happy with getting a complete bumper respray :)

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:09 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Removeing the bar voids you insurance I found this out when I was getting my front bar re fiberglassed so yeah get a rental car or walk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:17 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
Im totally with the fly180 and nismod. The rules have not been enforced enough lattely.

Im cleaning up this tread and THERE WILL BE NO RACIAL OR DESCRIMINATIVE COMMENTS OR REMARKS.

I DON'T CARE WHERE THE DRIVER IS FROM ITS NOT ON.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:19 pm 
Twin T66

Risking wrote:
Im cleaning up this tread and THERE WILL BE NO RACIAL OR DESCRIMINATIVE COMMENTS OR REMARKS.

Yep, looking back, no real need for the remark, thanks for cleaning it up Risking, no matter how pissed off I get, I will be watching what is said.

Anyway, I have picked up a bumper from my cousin (that they where workign on as an experiment for new paint his workshop is trialing (impact paint)) and I will be running aroundf with this for a few days, then get my old bar put back on, that way no exposed bits, no added danger to anyone, no extra attention, and no insurance issues to bite me back.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:41 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
impact paint ? do you bash it on ? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:28 pm 
T78

Car: Liberty GT, ser3 RX7, S14a 200sx, bug eye STI
far out that sucks man!
was that in lindfield by any chance?
the Coles there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:06 am 
Twin T66

U2RNVS wrote:
far out that sucks man!
was that in lindfield by any chance?
the Coles there?

Nope, was in Chatswood, the sidestreet next to the twin Vodafone towers, we both drove up there and where turning right, he was at the top of the peak, and I was still on the incline, so most likely he wouldn't have seen my car (given it's 3inches lower than his, and was even lower still given I was downhill to him).

Still doesn't excuse the fact he reversed into me, but we will see what happens.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:12 am 
T78

Car: Liberty GT, ser3 RX7, S14a 200sx, bug eye STI
yeh, alright.
man that really sucks, maybe when i get a car, i will put a huge orange flag on the roof, lol