Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:24 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
NSW police involved in high-speed car pursuits have lied, ignored commands to stop and switched radio frequencies to dodge official supervision while taking part in chases, internal service documents reveal.

Some area commanders ignored NSW Police's own state pursuit management committee when it asked them to "please explain" the action of seemingly out-of-control officers, according to letters and memos obtained under freedom of information laws. The former deputy commissioner Dave Madden told area commanders a year ago he was "extremely concerned" about lack of supervision of pursuits.

Source: SMH

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:26 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
woohoo OWNED :P

but seriously, thats as bad as the person committing the offence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:40 am 
Twin T51

Car: freakin' mirage
yep, you're spot on, i don't think that'l surprise anyone.
the amount of times you see cops down here tearing up the streets (alot of the time with no siren or lights) without an obvious reason is stupid
:evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:50 am 
Twin T51

Car: S13 K
hey man, they just got the call that the KK light has just come on.

I've seen em do the dodge before, sitting at lights, suddenly lights and siren comes on, go around the corner, and then lights and siren off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:12 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
Nothing un-usual, who polices the police????

Internal affairs is a department with maybe 1,000 people, but the Police force is an army of 20,000+ people, who's going to watch over all of them?

I remember driving home one night, cop sitting right up the back of me (where was the 3 secondgap rule), and booked me for stpping over the stop line by a meter (If I hadn't, the cop would have hit me).

The next stop sign (same cop following), I hit the ABS as hard as I could from 60km/h to 0 in about 5 meters maximum, and all I saw from behind was smoke, LOTS of smoke, he locked up, almost took me out, and would have easily flat-spotted all 4 tires.

I then took down his rego number, pulled over with him pulled over behind me, and made some phone calls, first to SMH to ask if they wanted to get footage of an officer that was targetting a citizen, then to his area commander to inform them of what had been going on, and to make an official complaint.

Feedback about my complaint a few weeks later was that the officer was taken away from patrolling duties and put behind a desk for 6 months, and ordered to pay for the tires that where damaged on the patrol car.

They just cant help it, they want to use the power.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:15 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
hahah nice one Brian!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:30 pm 
Quad T51

Car: slow, quiet & comfy katemobile
Turbo_Brian wrote:
I remember driving home one night, cop sitting right up the back of me (where was the 3 secondgap rule), and booked me for stpping over the stop line by a meter (If I hadn't, the cop would have hit me).

The next stop sign (same cop following), I hit the ABS as hard as I could from 60km/h to 0 in about 5 meters maximum, and all I saw from behind was smoke, LOTS of smoke, he locked up, almost took me out, and would have easily flat-spotted all 4 tires.

I then took down his rego number, pulled over with him pulled over behind me, and made some phone calls, first to SMH to ask if they wanted to get footage of an officer that was targetting a citizen, then to his area commander to inform them of what had been going on, and to make an official complaint.

Feedback about my complaint a few weeks later was that the officer was taken away from patrolling duties and put behind a desk for 6 months, and ordered to pay for the tires that where damaged on the patrol car.

B.

I call bullshit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:45 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
ImSkitzoAndSoAmI wrote:

I call bullshit.

I still have the original fine at home for "fail to stop on stop sign", I haven't paid it, and it was over 12 months ago.

Cop was from Glebe, car was LE16.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:49 pm 
Quad T51

Car: slow, quiet & comfy katemobile
Well gee, I'm convinced now :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:06 pm 
Twin T51

Car: S13 K
call up and check that car exsists :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:05 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
good to see SMH using the freedom of information laws to bring to light these issues

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:47 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180Sx
yeh some cops r dodgy......but who then will police the internal affairs incase there dodgy? ...see it goes on and on we as taxpayers will never win

my 2 cents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:15 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
it's not hard to take down a car's number,god,they just have to be next to you in traffic or parked outside a station...that's really difficult to organise. give us a badge number and a name,as well as an event number,and we might believe it.

I've been the victim of bullshit like that before. was given a neg driving charge for avoiding a head on collision with an off duty copper who was in the middle of the road going around a blind bend.
I dodged him,he turned around,followed me for 3km,then pulled me over and booked me. I save the guy's life by not plowing into the driver's side front of his car and he books ME for it... got to love that. you can't contest it either. it's a hoon's word against a member's. the courts will always take the cop's side.

as for the story at the top of the thread,no,I'm not surprised. and I don't believe that any of this coming to light will make any difference either.
at most,any named parties will be 'disciplined' and that will be the end of it.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:34 pm 
T66

Car: none
Turbo_Brian wrote:
Nothing un-usual, who polices the police????

Internal affairs is a department with maybe 1,000 people, but the Police force is an army of 20,000+ people, who's going to watch over all of them?

They just cant help it, they want to use the power.

B.

hey bro, was kinda car was the copper in? cruiser or paddywagon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:04 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
Pretty much every police vehicle in the last decade plus would have had ABS fitted so how did the officer manage to flat spot tires and lock up?