Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:59 pm 
T51

Car: S12
Need to get a few p-platers interested in them. Couple of crashes into telephone poles and the streets will be cleaned of raised fourbies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:06 am 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
i was next one of these high riders coming home from work, and this thing is scary, it was only doing about 50 in a 70 which i thought was weird, so i had a second look...

its wheels were basically wobbling and the whole thing looked like jelly, needless to say i left an empty lane between us before swifty overtaking and building distance between us.

I drive a standard rodeo at work, and this thing scares me with its height and lack of driving finese :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:41 am 

Car: MKV Golf
It doesn't fill you with much confidence when you look out your window and all you see it a bloody huge wheel/tyre instead of the body of another car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:36 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
Yeah and if you think that it might be able too be 'monster trucked' by someone with a lift and wheels that big in youre little S## you're actually right.
This is going back a few years but my flatmate was sitting in his 180 at a set of lights in Chatswood, CA18 bored out to 2L and dropping about 450hp with some huge mods it was probably inevitably going to die.
But we never expected some retarded dickhead in a Landruiser with the big lift, 30' something tyre decide to turn right and decide that he was going to kill it by running up over the bonnet and planting the trucks drivers side wheel right into the windscreen, ooh about where your face is.
:o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:11 pm 
T78

Car: S14a, Euro Accord Lux
More and more I've noticed soccer mums, now is this wrong of me to drive past a crash which included a big 4wd smashed from the back and front, and passing and audi TT which is facing backwards with its who front end ahnihalted.... and assume that its the 4wds fault, because I think it was, dangerous woman driver, not being able to see the low audi TT ahhaha, I dont know big 4wd scares me, even if i'm driving a civic :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:55 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
A women in a 4wd almost reversed into my car yesterday.

I was driving down the road, i see this 4wd reversing and then it stops so i assume they have seen me. i'mm accelerating as ive just come over a speedbump. As im about 5 meters from the driveway the 4wd floors it out onto the street. I almost shat myself. I had to swerve almost to the other side of the street and floor it.

I would have beeped but from past experiences it doesn't seem to do anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:07 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

You'll probably find that people who's first reaction is to beep, tend to have more accidents. You did the right thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:01 pm 
TO4

Car: CA18DE S12
yeah, 4WDs suck!!

i work at a Toyota dealership too, and i know where some of you guys are coming from.

you know how women are supposed to be good at multitasking??

well how about this: dropped a 100ser L/C off to a customer who lived in the posh area of the district, and she was to drop me back at work.

on the way back to work, she:

-consistantly drove 10-20klm/hr over the speed limit(inlcuding 50klm/hr zones in back streets).

-was able to conduct an argument with our spare parts dept. on her mobile(no hands-free) over the avalability of those WindowSox (mind you, the windows were tinted, anyway).

-sat right up the arse of another car in a 90 zone.

-and at the same time, was able to dicipline one of her two young children.

it was scary shit, as this like a day after i had run off the road myself, and hit a tree in my swift.

this same customer, also feels as though she has the right to just drive intot he workshop, park the thing, and go seek out our service manager, and whinge about why the aftermarket DVD player in the back keeps draining the dual battery setup (we didn't actually fit the batteries or the DVD player).

these people need a reality check big time. i dont speed up when there's a soccer mum up my arse while i'm doing the speed limit. i keep an eye on them, and wait til they're touching up their lippy or something like that, and give them a brake check. a good sharpe stab of the brakes usually buys you a little space. OR you can pull the hand brake(not locking the wheel, but enough to slow the car without bring on the brake lights).

/rant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:38 pm 
Quad T88

Umai Naa wrote:
wait til they're touching up their lippy or something like that, and give them a brake check.

Then you can check out the bullbar you have for a rear spolier :P

I pulled that monuver a while back. Heading down alambie road downhill. I look in my mirror and suberu right on the back of me. No joke, he must have been about 20cm away from my bar. I wasn't in my car so i thought i'd test his brakes out. It appears as though his were good, he got lucky.

This happens all the time down there. Ive had it done by a 4wd with a bullbar in the rain :o. I just slow down because i know there is no way they are going to be able hit the brakes in time if i have to stop suddenly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:52 pm 
TO4

no spoiler = no worries. :wink:

besides, under closer inspection of my car, it would appear that it's more hits than Elvis, so it really does need a nice shiney alloy bull bar in the back of it to finish it off. :P

to be honest, i've grown tired of been considerate to other drivers, it's hard enough just to avoid the clown that pulls out of a side street in front of you when you're quite clearly accelerating out of the one before it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:51 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

The worrying thing is, and ive always said it:

Give me 10 minutes on the road and I can get someone to rear end me, wet or dry, doesnt matter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:00 pm 
TO4

shit, i hope it aint gonna be me that hits you!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:21 am 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
Serial Killa wrote:
Give me 10 minutes on the road and I can get someone to rear end me, wet or dry, doesnt matter

u got skills boy, it must hurt when its dry though :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:48 am 

Car: MKV Golf
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:12 pm 
TO4

Bah hahaha!!! now that I look CLOSER!! :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next