Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:40 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
SMH pulp journalism

Funny thing is they spent money to have someone tell them that 4wd owners are fat anti-social c*nts and their wives are vapid gold diggers.

I mean, I could have told them that and all it would have cost is a carton of malboros and the office girl for a few hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:53 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
fuck "soccer" mums piss me off!

I find at work the worst customers are 4wd owners. And amongst them the wives are always worse than the husbands!

Its no secrect the ZD30 patrols blow engines, but the ammount of female drivers that march in and demand me to have their car back on the road the following day is astounding.
Its even better when the warranty is out and they argue with nissan about it. The guys tend to suck in the fact that nissan pays half you pay half. However the females holly crap! You tell them they have to fork out 5 grand for half a new engine and they go off the deep end at you.

They seem to think they own the road in their under braked over weight death traps.
The small 4wd market has not helped the cause either. The new murano nissan bought out is being sold to these obnoxious women so I regret the day something goes wrong with this stupidly priced vehicle. Now not only do I have to deal with "soccer" mums but now i have to deal with rich snobby "soccer" mums damnit!!!

I am in now way against women either just the ones that prance around like stuck up bitches that think every one is under them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:34 pm 
Quad T78

Car: Silvia
Bad day at work today Brad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:40 pm 
Quad T88

Yeah it was a 4wd day today and I took the brunt of it :evil:

In the middle of an overhaul on a Z car and I had to leave it to serve a women with a Patrol and a potential dead engine. She was a real arrogant specimen thats for sure.
Returned to the box and found the layshaft had rolled off the bench and chipped a few of the gears, now I have to strip it down again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:23 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
if it makes you feel any better mate I've had nothing but landcruisers so far this week.

in addition to an SW20 with fucked-by-kmac rear struts,I had a UZJ105 with issues today,and an FZJ80 yesterday,which is going to be on my hoist until at least friday as the rear main is gone among other things.
I'm not looking forward to pulling the box and transfer out of it...

our 4wd customers are generally arseholes as well,and in a similar vein to what Brad has said,the worst ones are the young girls in the rav4's,closely followed by the prado-driving women.

in all seriousness,what is wrong with a commodore wagon? it's not like you're ever goiong to go off road in your 3500kg truck,and it's a lot cheaper to maintain even an LS1 powered commodore than it ever will be a landcruiser or patrol.
you tell these people that their std tyres are $340 each,and they come close to wanting to take your head off. you want to scream back at them with 'I didn't buy the fucking thing,you did remember?!?!' among other things,but you can't.
275/70/R16 4wd rubber costs that much. that's just how it is. if you don't like it,sell the car and get something that you actually need,and will be affordable. otherwise,suck it up and shut the fuck up.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:34 pm 
Quad T88

It makes me feel somewhat better thanks mate :P

I just hate the big smelly things. I rekon 1 in 10 4wds we see are actually used for their intended purpose.
I don't do 4wd work anymore I give it to the apprentices that whine about not getting "big" jobs :wink:
Still have to diagnosis the damn things though, and deal with the crappy owners who want to complain about the $900 clutch and $1300 dual mass flywheel they need.

The smaller 4wd market is full of young females that don't appreciate the running costs they have gotten themselfs into. X-trials sound like your rav4's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:58 pm 

Car: MKV Golf
hehe You guys should start a mechanics only bitching thread where you can let off steam at the end of each day, and we all can have a good laugh. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:01 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
Is it just me or are male drivers of Porche Cayennes all absolute fuckwits? On the way back from Risking's place on Sunday there was on sitting right up my ass because i wasnt going 20km over the speed limit while passing someone. when i moved over i tried tailed him for a minute. 140 is where i stopped. dumbass

then today over the harbour bridge, same thing!! some asshole in a cayenne up my ass because the speed limit isnt fast enough for him. they shit me off badly.

sorry to hear about your days guys. mine was ok :)

PS. cayennes arent as fast as they claim. and they blow smoke badly at in high rpm. youd think paying that much for a tank it would be tuned well :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:18 pm 

mate in all seriousness,one is warranted. the crap we cop from people a lot of the time is just ludicrous. I could (and likely will) go on for pages and pages about it.

it's the only trade I know of where the customer dictates to the tradesman how much things should cost,when they want the job done by,and even how to do it on occasion.

people baulk at paying $3 for your replacing a tail light globe that they need to pass rego, but have no qualms about paying a call out fee for a plumber.
work that out. you have to pay the guy to turn up and then charge you more money to actually do something for you. you let them pick when they'll come out to fix your drain,you let them work out how much it'll cost,and then you thank them for robbing you.
with a mechanic,you turn up without a booking,you want 2 days worth of work done yesterday,for free,or close to it if your car is out of it's warranty period,and then you abuse us when you pick up the car because we couldn't meet your unreasonable requests,and go and tell all your mates that we're crooks and just ripped you off,and didn't fix the car properly,based on your extensive knowledge of the vehicle which usually consists of knowing how to put 2day fm on the radio,being able to put fuel into the hole in the side,and knowing how to lock the doors when you get out of it...

Brad,you're spot on with the X trail/rav4 thing,they're the same customers. rav 4 rubber is damned expensive as well. the girls freak when they find out their 'cute little car' needs $1100 worth of tyres and front brake pads and disc machining when they bring their auto 2door rav4 in for a 60k km service.
occasionally I overhear the service advisors having to tell customers that worn out brake pads aren't covered under warranty...what do you people expect? that you buy the car and that initial price covers everything for the next 5 years? wake up to yourselves!!!

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:22 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
I think you'd have to be some kinda dickhead at the very least to by a porsche 4wd.

"I just hate the big smelly things. I rekon 1 in 10 4wds we see are actually used for their intended purpose."

Probably about right, most of those guys who are into serious offroad stuff though have old pajeros, hilux's and landcruisers though. I know a few of them and they absolutely loathe the suburban all wheel drive shopping trolley crew for much the same reason we hate fuckwits in lancers and hyundi's because theyre posers.
My sympathies for the mechanics out there, my dad has been a mechanic for a lot of years and christ, some of the stories about 4wd owners is a worry.

Thing is, if you need to move a lot of stuff or a people, buy one of the (newish) Tarago's, theyre a pretty fucking good road vehicle with some really excellent safety features and all the comforts you could ever want with a busload of screaming kids in the back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:31 pm 

the current model tarago actually drives pretty well for a van to be honest.

they rattle like crazy though,as they have sliding doors on both sides. they get enormous amounts of bodyflexing. we get a lot of complaints about sticky second row seat rails as well,but nearly half of these are owners not working the mechanism correctly.
another downside is that the fuel filter is a real bitch to get at. it's under the floor...under those very rails. you have to either cut the carpet or remove all of the back seats to get at it.... shocking design on that one.

the engine is out of the 4cyl camry (2AZFE),and the suspension and brakes are similar as well.
a good option really if you have a lot of sprogs to transport.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:36 pm 
T51

Car: S12
I've been firmly of the opinion for a couple of years now that there are no bigger fuckwits on the road than 4wd'ers - they're universally pushy, arrogant and obnoxious and have no redeeming features. Interesting to see that my observations are being confirmed by another set of observers with a different perspective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:51 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
my mates dad spent 10k on his 80s land cruiser instead of buying a new one. with the actual offroad and towing that he does, he would kill a new school 4wd. damn we did some cool shit in that car lol im glad he kept it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:40 am 
Quad T88

Quote:
occasionally I overhear the service advisors having to tell customers that worn out brake pads aren't covered under warranty...what do you people expect? that you buy the car and that initial price covers everything for the next 5 years? wake up to yourselves!!!

Thats the stupidist part about it. They do expect everything to be under warranty. I do even bother trying to explain it to some people any more. "no sir thats not covered by your nissan care you will have to pay"
they then reply with waving arms and cursing :o

I dunno how your extended warranty works with used vehicles but we have one called harrier. Its really a joke. Covers you up to $500 and not a cent more per item. So A patrol comes in with a hole in a piston, Its a $18,000 job as the engine alone is $15,400. Try explaining that to a customer who thinks he/she has full coverage, you can't. They argue and whinge that they paid 880 bucks for this warranty and its no good. Yeah thats right you got ripped off by a sales man whats new?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:59 am 
T51

Car: 180sx
I read this in the paper last nite and I was pretty pissed about some of the things they said....

Quote:
"People say, what about the environment?" declared Mosman mother of three, Chris Rooney, who drove a Range Rover for years but has swapped to a BMW X5. "For me, my children's safety is more important."

Quote:
"Some North Shore mums don't seem as community-minded as the rest of us and they'll continue to happily focus on themselves, their friends and worry about what schools they get their children into," he said.

"For them the price of petrol is not a problem. In fact, higher petrol prices for these women bestows … a certain cachet that only money can buy."

In 50yr's time, maybe sooner, there wont be enough fossil fuel for all of us, and we have to change our lifestyle to suit. Their attitude is, as far as I've got enough, I dont care.

Brilliant.

Steve