Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:51 am 
T03 Hybrid

Car: Nissan Silvia S13 k Turbo
G'day I need to let you all in on what happened to me on parramatta rd this morning.

I was driving along in the left lane at 5:30 on my way to work. (early start today).

I see a marked highway patrol car cruising about 3 car lengths in front of me in the middle lane on my right.

He must having started to slow down because eventually I was driving next to him, being very carefull not to go over the speed limit (60km/ph)

We drove right next to each other for about 30-40 metres. Then all of the sudden he SLAMS on his brakes!!! smoked up the tyres. It scared the shit of me so I slammed em on too but I didnt lock em up.
He then pulled in behind me and pulled me over.

When he said do you know why I pulled you over?? I said no I dont officer but it doesnt suprise me that you did. He said why is that?? I said its because of the car I drive its not exactly suttle, plus its 5:30 in the morining, plus you probably thought I was a P-Plater (im not so im not wearing Ps).

He said no, I pulled you over because you slammed on your brakes randomly. I laughed and said are you serious?? YOu slammed yours on randomly it scared the shit out of me, i braked thinking something was on the road.

he said you should have kept on driving when I braked. So I said "why did you brake"?? and Guess what the fucker said!!! "I slammed my brakes to see what you would do, and when you broke as well it makes you look like youve got a guilt conscience.
I just laughed and said ok officer My apologies. Yes sir thankyou sir. Count to ten in the bag and I was on my way.
WHAT THE FUCK!!! Police are now resorting to blatantly creating hazards in order to distract drivers on the road for what it seems like no other reason than boredom.
I dont mind if they randomly pull me over, they are doing their job and they probably catch a lot of dickheads that way. But fuckn hell dont try and make me have an accident on the road just for an excuse. If he had any brains he would have realised he doesnt need an excuse.

So yeah fuckn pissed off that a fellow Australian, supposedly a member of NSW finest, could blatently act like such a dickhead on the road and get away with it.
Lost even more respect for cops today. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:48 am 
T04 Hybrid

Car: 1993 White (Pearl) 180sx
That's really disturbing... I can understand them wanting to take idiots off the road, but seriously, what happened to 'guilty until proven innocent'?
There's far too much psuedo to blatant entrapment going on... and really, there's not much need for it, as far as I can see. If they want to catch idiots being stupid in their cars, they just need to wait, unmarked, and it'll happen, they don't need to force the issue.
Fortunately for me, I haven't heard of much like that happening in Newcastle, seems to be a Sydney thing. Is the idiot factor that much higher in Sydney??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:07 pm 
T51

Car: 180sx
That's just wrong. :x

Cop cars are like idiot drivers, I slow down and let them go pass and disappear from my view. Dont want anything to do with them.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:01 pm 
Quad T04

Car: GTI
I would have asked for his badge number.
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:43 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
Talk about lack of professionalism.

That really is plain stupid, i bet if you kept going, and he hit you, then it would have been your fault for not stopping at an accident.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:54 pm 
T78

Car: S14a, Euro Accord Lux
yeah asking for their badge number really gets them pissed off.
"WHY DO YOU WANT IT, I HAVE A FUCKEN NAME YOU KNOW!!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:55 pm 
T78

Car: S14a, Euro Accord Lux
aprrarently he also told me badge numbers don't exist because they have names instead. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:09 pm 
T03 Hybrid

I really didnt want to force the issue, reality is if they want to be pricks then they will be and its never going to change.
People are kidding themselves if they think cops have to and will do the right thing all the time. Cops are human to and yes some humans are just plain arseholes.

Ive heard of them doing shit like draging people at the lights when they are unmarked, but blatently creating a dangerous situation like that is just fucked.

He knew that I saw him and obviously wasnt going to do anything remotely illegal while im driving next to him, so instead he tried to make it happen?? WTF. And Cops complain when they get called names.

Oooooooh well at least he doesnt drive a sil :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:11 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
It also depends on your cars reputation in the area,
I used to have all sort of police problems now they are no longer a hassle. I can drive around my local area and be treated the same regardless of if im driving the silvia or the maxima.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:37 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
I know what your saying risking, i try to keep below the speed limit around my area, not flogging it or anything, and people notice it. There's a few other imports that come screaming around the joint, getting sideways around the corner opposite my house, and i see the cops waiting for them. Only last week there was a cop car just sitting at the top of the street, another a week before that, unmarked, and sitting at the end of my street waiting for them to come around.

Last saturday i was driving down this street and going to turn left in about 100-150metres, as everyone turns left from the way i was going. There was a highway car waiting to turn right at that same street. He obviusly had plently of time to turn, as i was about 100 meters away, but he waited until i got all the way there, and turnt into the street and followed me for about 2 minutes. Don't see why just because i own one of these cars, that im targeted. It's all the other idiots doing stuff around the streets thats giving us a bad reputation.

If i'm breaking the law yeh sure pull me over, if not leave me alone, ive got better things to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:09 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Yep well said mate. Also its wierd cause ive never been pulled over in this car. Ive owned it since march this year. I dont have a reputation I honestly just think the guy was just bored or an arsehole or both....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:29 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
I do find it amusing, now I have not been driving an import for a few weeks I now tend to notice all the young ricers around the area pulled over on the side of the road.

I was actually on the hands free to one guy offering police defect advise the other day and ironically I drove past him as he was getting defected and I was telling him what he would have to do :P

I found it amusing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:17 am 

Car: MKV Golf
I find it amusing when people are driving around a police car and they instantly slow down to 10ks below the limit.

It's weird when you are overtaking heaps of people that are driving around a cop really slowly and it seems like you are flying by but you are actually doing the speed limit. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:52 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Gazelle - CA20E
....ah bugger it...

GO THE COPS WOOHOO! COPS ROCK, YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF KNOB JOCKIES YOU RICERS!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:59 am 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
hows ur neons going razor?