Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:50 pm 
Twin T78

Guys, Im not fucking happy. As some of you may or may not know - Im a highschool student. I've been working after school and on weekends for a bit more than 2 and a half years now. I saved everything I earnt and bought a sil recently. This made me happy. Today I heard something that REALLY f**king pissed me off. Theres a dude in my year who quite literally drives a different car to school every couple of weeks, a civic and a type-R integra (both with a couple mods), a honda jazz, one of those new minis, the kids LOADED, well when I say that I mean his Parents are. Now, ok, whatever I dont care, good on him (them) . But today I find out hes gone out and picked out a 180 for his dad to buy him. :evil: Im not pissed off because now theres two of them at my school and his is better (because I havent even driven mine to school) but just because the dickhead sees a car he likes (that 5 minutes) and gets keys handed to him FOR NOTHING. I guess its a good thing that (when I do eventually drive it to school) that his will hopefully get keyed/stolen before mine will.... Still SHITS me though. I guess its just how many hours, and how much work I put into getting the car and he gets whatever the fuck he wants from daddys wallet :evil:

Thanks guys - Im done

- Mitch

That's what she said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:07 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Car: "S"
Hey Mitch, welcome to the real world.
:lol: Life's a bitch and then you die..in the mean time, make money, and one day you can buy your kid those cars and make the other kids jealous :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:16 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: machine
haha.. chill brah!

I'm pretty much in a similar situation. I was sitting with my friends today discussing which cars they were going to get. All the girls are getting money from their parents to buy the car, or the car is waiting for them in a driveway somewhere until they get their P's, or they already have cars which were bought by their parents. This is also the case with the boys, except none are old enough to get their P's.

I'm not angry at all, but i believe i should earn the car with my own money and getting the satisfaction of earning and owning something that is totally mine, instead of scabbing from my dad's pocket. I am jealous in some aspects though, don't get me wrong. It's not that they don't have to pay a single cent but that they actually get to drive while i can't.

Another thing is that when i look at which people are getting the car it's quite annoying that the owners don't know anything about cars. Not saying everyone is FORCED to know about their car, but it does get quite annoying sometimes.

I find it fascinating when i ask them what car they should upgrade to next, and they say to me "oh.. i want something luxury". Then i ask them, so have you gotten a budget from your parents yet? and their reply is; "around 30g, but i'm lucky if ill get 40g" talk about rich

They know that i work 5-6 days a week(after school and on weekends), but they still aren't very ashamed but quite proud that they don't have to work for their car.

oh well. just keep in mind that they aren't THAT enthusiastic about cars so they don't feel the need to treat a car like something they've earn't rather than something that will get you from A to B, which is it's intended purpose.

P.S: No offence to the people who's parents paid for the car. I am only talking about the people i know at school, and to my knowledge, no one from my school goes on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:13 pm 
Token Black Guy

Car: 95 180
Thats life my friend.

There was only one time when i really though someone didn't deserve a car.

Theres a guy i know whose parents bought him a white R34 GT-R when he got his green P's. The first time i saw it i was like "give it 3 weeks max before such a beautiful car is at the wreckers".

Whatta ya know, i was totally wrong......

...It took him 5 weeks to write it off into a pole.

But such is life. Some have, some have not. I guess im lucky be in the middle somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:15 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
give him a few weeks to get over it and to get another car.

some people understand the value of things, some people dont. The people that dont, well they will be in for a rude shock one day.

If that doesnt help, belt the F**ker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:42 pm 
Twin T78

^^^^^^^ word.

[L]platenewb: Dont even get me started on people getting given something and not f**king being thankful :evil:

That's what she said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:20 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: None of your fucking business
jealousy is a curse mate..

don't be jealous.

I also think that your attitude of "I hope his one gets keyed and stolen first" is stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:29 pm 
T03

Car: 1993 Silvia Qspec
There's more to car ownership than just owning a fast car. If I were you i'd concentrate on honing your driving skills and car setup, then invite him along to a track day (which i am sure he wont refuse because he probably reckons he is king shit) and shove it in his face when you lap faster than he does. Particularly in the same car, because it means you're better than him :)

Quote:
"Im going to stab them in the eye then carve myself some new cams out of their bones. " Ark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:59 pm 
TO4

Car: supra
Nobbsy wrote:
There's more to car ownership than just owning a fast car. If I were you i'd concentrate on honing your driving skills and car setup, then invite him along to a track day (which i am sure he wont refuse because he probably reckons he is king shit) and shove it in his face when you lap faster than he does. Particularly in the same car, because it means you're better than him :)

well said nobbsy .. mate jealousy is just going to stress you out and make your life shorter .. just work hard for your money .. build up your car yourself and only you can appreciate what your hard work and sweat has got you .. you have one thing he doesnt .. and thats initiative .. when you both move out into the real world and he doesnt have his daddy spoon feeding him up the arse no more maybe he'd know what life really means .. in the mean time .. let him lap it up .. nothing lasts forever ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:43 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
When he stacks it (not *if*) theres bound to be a good source of parts...
Which is how I look at anything with p-plates on it these days and engine enough to make the fool behind it a temporary australian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:35 am 
T66

Car: none
Dont worry and dont be jealous. When youve worked hard to get something you want its a different feeling. it really is yours. You'll take pride in cleaning it and washing it. Driving it and showing your new ride off to your mates. Its much more rewarding inside compared to what that tosser gets out of his car.

Besides, He'll probably get bored of it soon and get something else. Dipshits like that will never be satisfied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:59 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
TT wrote:
don't be jealous.

I also think that your attitude of "I hope his one gets keyed and stolen first" is stupid

Ditto. Wanting someone's car (or any property) get damaged just because you're jealous is fuckwittism at its greatest.

Its the reason why most of our cars get keyed up (ask the guys who go to UNSW with coupes), because some small-penis'ed idiot thinks that he's balancing out the universe by damaging another person's pride and joy, that they worked hard for.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:12 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

If you're getting all upset that someone gets stuff that you don't, you're probably going to go postal and kill people when you leave high school.

Either that or you need to expand your horizons and realise that the universe doesn't revolve around you.

How do you cope reading car magazines, and read about those guys who can throw a couple of hundred grand into their car? Keir Wilson, with his drag R32 GT-R, 996 Turbo and Bentley must drive you up the wall!

With all your "parents are rich, but good on 'em"...you don't get in to the meat of your bitching until you found out he just got a 180SX (which came after the variety of Hondas that weren't enough for you to start bitching about), and he's driving it to school (even though you're apparently OK that his is "better"). So now you can't be the top S13 dog because this guy is.....

It sounds like you're one of those arriviste who bought their Silvia because it was the "cool" thing to own, not because its a quick sports car. Its a car with lots of street cred that no-one else has got. But now that you're not "different" anymore :roll: that's when your ire has come out.

Grow up. Or, if your reason for picking a car is as a petrol-drinking genitalia extension, why not go sign up at a certain other forum where I'm sure all the other pre-pubescent and pre-literate idiots will foolishly back you up to the hilt on how evil this other kid is for daring to get a better car than you and ruining your grand, masturbatory, entrance to the school parking lot....

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
NOS is boss
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:42 pm 
Twin T78

In my first post, I said that I dont even drive it to school. As for the whole hypothetical situation of his getting keyed or stolen first, I was simply saying if anyones car is a target Id rather it be his - it may be a fuckwit attitude, but its because he doesnt appreciate the car or the fact that someone else payed for it. I realise theyre a quick sports car - thats why i bought it. I was pissed off becuase he doesnt realise it, and never will. Im over it. I do need to grow up and now realise I shouldnt be pissed off. Because I didnt buy the car to make bullshit entrances - I bought it to drive it how it should be driven. Im over it - was just really pissed off at the time. Those that read it and positively pointed out the better side of it thank you. Those who posted negatively, I dont appreciate being personally attacked when i already feel like shit - and i dont know that anyone appreciates it full stop. It just makes this forum more and more of a negative place. I just needed to have a bitch - Im done.

That's what she said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:12 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

MAXBOOST wrote:
IThose that read it and positively pointed out the better side of it thank you. Those who posted negatively, I dont appreciate being personally attacked when i already feel like shit - and i dont know that anyone appreciates it full stop. It just makes this forum more and more of a negative place.

If you can't handle the good with the bad, then you're in for a very rough time once you finish school. Life's not all strawberries and cream (or titanium-wheeled turbos and 10W50 full synthetic oil).

Like I said, if you want people to blow smoke up your arse no matter how stupid you sound, there are forums populated by similarly stupid people who will be sure to massage your delusions.

Here, most people call a spade a spade. If it sounds stupid, they'll say so.

A major problem with society is that people who need a swift slap upside the head aren't getting it anymore, because people are too concerned with their short term feelings rather than long term development. So, not being set straight and having their childish little tantrums supported, they continue to perpetrate their foolishness.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
NOS is boss
No boost? Ya just loost