Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:42 am 
T03

Car: 1993 Silvia Qspec
I was turning right at some lights the other day, had a green arrow, started turning, only to find that a white toyota hiace has decided that red lights are beneath him, only to realise that he is about to plow through 2 laned of oncoming traffic, screech, bang, you get the idea :( now stace is off the road for a few weeks with a front bar, guard and bonnet GAAAWN and a bent radiator support and front chassis, and right before skidpan day too :S.

For all those daydreamers out there, RED MEANS STOP!!!

This is her before the accident, you can imagine what she looks like now *cries*

Quote:
"Im going to stab them in the eye then carve myself some new cams out of their bones. " Ark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:19 am 
T51

Car: S12
Sounds nasty; I wouldn't be half as calm about it as you sound!

Remember, never trust anyone else's driving, they're all trying to kill you. Dickheads failing to indicate (especially for right turns at roundabouts) are my pet hate, but the tendency of fuckwits in Sydney to run reds or stale ambers is something that you just have to expect and be alert for. Its too easy to get a licence and the cops are too fucking lazy to enforce anything but speeding fines so people have become complacent about getting away with driving dangerously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:26 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I know exactly how you feel,as my last S14 was destroyed in pretty much the exact same fashion,when an old woman pulled out from a give way sign without looking to her right first.

a lot of people wonder why I always harp on starting with handling and braking mods before touching the engine significantly when doing a car up. the reason is survival. so you can swerve to avoid and stop when people do crap like this,as the vast majority of motorists (I don't call them drivers as they're anything but) have the lights on,but noone is home. you need to be able to deal with the unexpected to survive with a nice car in Sydney.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:02 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: SW20 MR2
Nice people always finish last... i wont get too tempermental...

im in a predicament at the moment with GIO...

Coming home from my chicks house, I t-boned a camry on sunday morning infront of Mount pritchard community club... both drivers are fine and is the best outcome you could ever have... but my car aint gonna be the same... his was a write-off... The other driver, parked in the same direction did a u-turn, neglecting to look... I find out that the other driver was under the influence aswell...

He begs me not to ring the cops... My mistake was that i didnt... The other party begged me not to... dont ask me y i didint...

I get his details including his insurance...

He puts his claim thru but the fact that he doesnt speak english makes everything worse...

I goto to the cop shop after that and they say that they wont investigate unless someone was injured or if there was a tow truck involved... Since the other car was left in mount pritchard community club there was no tow truck involved... i rung the police assistance number 131444 and they said the same thing... the insurance company looks after all this now...

I contacted the other driver and they put the claim in first thing monday... I call GIO and they treat me like a criminal asking me to fill an accident report to see who is liable... i reluctantly complete the report... I Call GIO up a day later to find that they have to contact the other party to give further details on paper... the fact that the other driver uses snail mail...

Im pissed off as i have no car for work and i later find out the reason they are doing this is that verbal report he has given has contradicted mine...

I disputed this with a chick until she gave in a gave me his version... she said that the reports says i was trying to overtake him whilst he was making a right hand turn... i think that his english is f'd... i cant call him a liar yet as this was wat the chick working at GIO has told me...

I find out from GIO today that the outher driver gets his cheque and that he has paid for the excess... the insurance company is still waiting for further details...

I now hafta wait until he fills in his accident report and mails it back to them... I have never been in an accident in my life and i cannot belive the way insurance companies are like... there is more to this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:48 pm 
T03

Car: RB20DET S13
It's always a Camry!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:01 pm 
Quad T66

Car: Cefiro coming
On a slighly different note I've just realised this is my old car!

To see some more of it see here:

http://www.sr20tuning.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:03 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
Sorry about your car mate :(
Yeah it seems to be the way of things these days, the drones that used to buy a volvo cant afford them and settle for a toyota instead. After 2-3 close calls with lights and countless spastics on auto-pilot on roundabouts, Ive found theres always time after a green to have a look. Because you can guarentee some other fuckwit isnt or dosent care.
Especially in the early mornings theres just tons of tradesmen in bodgy Hiaces and utes (you know the ones, they look like the last service they got was 1996...) that seem to think theyre above the law when it comes to getting somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:30 am 
T04 Hybrid

Car: 1993 White (Pearl) 180sx
Tuesday night I was at a set of lights.
Everything was red in our direction, 2 lanes straight through, 2 lanes right.
Lights turn green, straight through only. Idiot in the right hand right turn lane takes off around the corner - running the red.
Fortunately the taxi and the other vehicle heading toward us were paying attention and no contact was made - but Mr genius didn't (appear to) even flinch, just kept on driving.

People doing stupidly unexpected things like that are the scourge of the roads, I'm sure they cause (but are possibly not involved in) more accidents than all the p-platers in 'high powered cars' :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:21 am 

I know this is a bitching thread,but this might be something some of you may find amusing.

I bought a T shirt the other day. on the front,it has a cartoon of two cars,and one has just rear-ended the other. the driver in the car in front that's been hit is waving out the window and yelling,and the guy in the mini car behind with the big nose and pink curly hair is looking a bit confused. the caption below it is 'bloody clown!!'

Gowings rocks.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:20 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
You need to get out more Justin :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:16 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
Its one thing to see a tshirt like that, but it is another thing entirely to fork over money for it!

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:25 pm 

ah bollocks,you pricks just don't have a sense of humour!

Justin... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:46 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
i laughed! but not enough to warrant a 'lol' post :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:46 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
It reminds me of full frontal when they did those skits with the guy stopping in the middle of the road in his car and yelling out GET OFF THE ROAD YA CLOWN! and there is actually a clown standing there.

Also there is GET OFF THE ROAD YA WANKER.... well, you can get the picture :)