Quad T78

Car: Silvia
ROFL. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:10 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Apollo wrote:
Took it in to another dealer for some minor warranty work. The mechanic that worked on my car looked like he was 16 years old. His eyes lit up when he saw the car (I was worried as I have semi slicks on the car and was worried he would wrap it round a pole on cold tyres). They put over 20 km on the car, changed all the radio stations and took a passenger. Fixed only one of the problems and had bad attitudes..

Its normal for a 1st yr apprentice (16 years old) to get the car when I have a 1st year with my I send him to go get the car from the car park so I don't have too, And a pasenger is not uncommen I'll take a first year for a test drive, and other times take a forman if its a problem noise that I dont know for a 2nd opinion.

Apollo wrote:
An air leak is an air leak and any 1st year apprentice should be able to repair it, after market blow off valve or not.

An air leak is an air leak but sometimes there not the easest thing to find, A missfire is a missfire but sometimes in some new cars with ECU's it takes a long time to find I had a twin cam V8 once ended up working out that the timeing was out on the O/S bank by 2 teeth from factory it had 8000ks on it and the owner said it just started doing it but the car had never been to a dealership be for, And also I work for a dealership and if some one has after market any thing in there car and the car is under warenty we dont care its there problem not ours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:37 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
Risking wrote:
My biggest pet hate is people that say "oh go here such and such is the best and really know's everything"
I can't stand such blindness especially from people that should know better.

except when they say 'take it to brad, he knows everything' right? thats gotta be the ONLY exception to the rule :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:52 am 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
zei20l wrote:
Risking wrote:
My biggest pet hate is people that say "oh go here such and such is the best and really know's everything"
I can't stand such blindness especially from people that should know better.

except when they say 'take it to brad, he knows everything' right? thats gotta be the ONLY exception to the rule :P

Lol, I bet even Brad has made mistakes, but he doesn't claim to be a workshop either.

Anyways, ALL workshops have their goods and bads, I used to swear by Autotech Engineering, they have only ever done good by me, but apparently they are well hated by the XR6T club, because their dyno guy allowed an XR6 to roll out for a track day while it was pinging it's arse off, and they blew the engine.

I have heard of Nissan dealers that have done wrong, I have had Mazda dealers leave my oil cap off the car, and I come and pick it up, and proceed to drive to Canberra (without an oil cap).

I have seen a Toyota dealer drop a nut down the oil fill hole in a gearbox, and then deny it, causing the gearbox to shred it's self internally.

I have seen an Alfa Romeo dealership not be able to diagnose why a brand new Alfa's air con and cabin fans fail to work (and then I lift the bonnet and point out a blown fuse).

My favourite was a Midus that I took my first car into to get the CV shafts replaced, they told me it would take 2 hours, and a wheel alignment and everything else would be done.

Came back after 4 hours, they where still working on it (some bolts where a little tight apparently).

Came back the next day (not wanting to put pressure on them, I let them have the car for the day), and they where done. Took it home, and it was leaking gearbox oil, funny enough, from the CV shafts.

Took it in to then, and they found that the left shaft had no sir-clip, so they fitted a sirclip, and all was good again, they also checked the right hand side, and it had no sirclip, but didn't move out, but they fitted a sirclip here as well.

Got home, no issues, next day when I was performing a u-turn, 1 wheel was screaching like a mofo, took it back, and apparently when the idiots fitted the right hand side sir-clip, they pushed the CV in to far, the clip dropped, and chammed inside the Diff, causing the diff to lock.

At this point, I asked for a full refund, so I could take my car to someone who would fix it, and suprisingly, they refunded me 100% no questions asked, took the car to a friend that was a very patient mechanic, and after 13 hours under the car with a micro-snake light and magnetic bendy arm, he managed to extract the sir-clip completely intact, as well as a 2nd sir-clip with exactly the same engravings on it, and when he removed the new CV shafts to check them, they both had sir-clips, and there was markings on the right hand shaft showing signs of a 2nd sirclip being fitted to a spot not requiring one.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:28 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Turbo_Brian wrote:
Lol, I bet even Brad has made mistakes, but he doesn't claim to be a workshop either.

We all make mistakes some times in our jobs what ever our jobs are, its human, But it's wrong when places deny they make mistakes.

Turbo_Brian wrote:
Anyways, ALL workshops have their goods and bads, I used to swear by Autotech Engineering, they have only ever done good by me, but apparently they are well hated by the XR6T club, because their dyno guy allowed an XR6 to roll out for a track day while it was pinging it's arse off, and they blew the engine.

The XR6T club are a bunch of wankers that dont have a clue :D :D and befor some 1 says something I do have a good reason for saying that.

Turbo_Brian wrote:
My favourite was a Midus that I took my first car into to get the CV shafts replaced, they told me it would take 2 hours, and a wheel alignment and everything else would be done.
Came back after 4 hours, they where still working on it (some bolts where a little tight apparently).

Thats fucked what they did to you but about the time dont forget that when a car is booked in at a work shop it is not worked on 1st thing when it comes in, sometimes it takes a few hours to be worked onthat is unless its booked in for a ceten time. Plus places like Midus and ultra tune are not the best workshops around

Turbo_Brian wrote:
At this point, I asked for a full refund.

Thats good at lest at the end of the day you got your cash back, But what a fuck up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:37 pm 
TO4

Car: CA18DE S12
I'm quitting my dealership to do cashies in the backyard!! :lol:

I know of a couple of people who have taken their modded cars into dealerships to have the wrong diff oil put into a/market LSDs etc

As mentioned before, the reality is, if the car has a/market bits on it, take it to a performance workshop. Most, if not all of these can perform by-the-book servicing on most vehicles, providing genuine parts are used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:40 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
Why would anyone take their car to a dealer to get their mechanical diff refilled?
No car that I know of ever came with mechanical diff standard (or even as an option), so the dealer probably couldn't even get the right diff oil even if they knew what type it was

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:03 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
I was wondering the same thing.

I know of people that have not even put oil in the diff, driven on it and pretty much fucked the entire thing. These are so called proffesionals might I add.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:17 pm 
TO4

Car: CA18DE S12
No-no, what i meant was, the mech LSD was filled with the wrong oil, as a result of a service.

Mech LSDs are pretty obvious in their operation, which should theoretically arouse suspicion, thus leading to a quick phone call to the customer to confirm the fitment of the LSD.

FYI Some Nissan Crew taxis in Japan were fitted with Nismo 1.5-way H190 Mech LSDs. Apparenlty the viscous versions weren't up to the task in the snowy areas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:52 am 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
too_much_boost wrote:
No car that I know of ever came with mechanical diff standard

what about the R31 Skyline Silhouette?

The case Dean is talking about will no doubt be when The Thinker took his s15 to get its routine service (post-2way fitment), and even though he stipulated the diff was not to be touched, they replaced the diff oil anyway. Out with the right stuff, in with the wrong stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:34 am 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
Arkhaeon wrote:
what about the R31 Skyline Silhouette?

They suck, What about them?

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php