Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Damn RTA!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:30 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: s15
bigkev81 wrote:
Last year my license was suspended for 6 months for speeding 30kms over the limit.
During my suspension I was caught driving again and a judge disqualified me for 12 months.
12 months have now passed and i tried to reapply today to get my license back but a now the rta informs me that i have to serve the rest of my 6 months before i can get my license back. Cos im on my green P's i cant apply for a probationary license. All i can do is go to court and appeal.
GRRRRRR!!!!

appeal? wot for? with all the shit on speeders in nissans recently on tv, its hard to talk your way out of it. sorry to hear it, though.

there is a recent suggestion that p platers cant drive turbos and v8's. fuck me! what if the young guy's only mode of motor vehicle to him and his family is a 94' commo ss? that piece of shit has 345,600km's on it and struggles to start. perhaps its a dangerous vehicle but certainly not hi-po. so the guy cant work food delivery jobs then as a parttime job due to the proposed new ban. what next? might as well ban driving all together and be done with it. or the driver has to climb out and push his car when going thru school zones. but then p platers are only allowed to push at a limit of 1kmh.

fuck me. i forsee the prices of integra r's going up if this madness came true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:26 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
then your hypothetical guy 'trapped' in a v8 ss that he's not allowed to drive either sells the v8 commodore,and buys a v6,or buys a cheap shitbox to get around in for the UNBEARABLY LONG 2 years or so that he'll be on his P's. he can learn how to drive in that time,and then can buy something with a bit more power.
it's not like it's the end of the world.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:10 pm 
T66

Car: none
ill be keeping mine N/A for 2 years now. :cry: damn lawmakers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:37 pm 
T03 Hybrid

he cant sell the ss cos its his dad's. and his dad loves peter brock and push-rods and the taxi-look. its a no-go for sonnyjim.

even if he wants to make some $$$ with the only resource that he has is now difficult.

its age discrimination. violation of one's freedom/right of choice.

then the rta / poilce say that driving is a priviledge, not a right.

fuck me, there are no rights no more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:48 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
Quote:

Driving is a priviledge, thats why you have to "prove" you can drive before you are allowed to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:43 pm 
T03 Hybrid

i have a new solution for up coming unfortunate p platers......the porsche gt3 is not v8 nor turbo. nor is the m3 csl. these are much safer for p platers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:57 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: machine
absolutely no porsches

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:41 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
mmm wrote:
he cant sell the ss cos its his dad's. and his dad loves peter brock and push-rods and the taxi-look. its a no-go for sonnyjim.

even if he wants to make some $$$ with the only resource that he has is now difficult.

its age discrimination. violation of one's freedom/right of choice.

fuck me, there are no rights no more.

FFS,get over it and stop making excuses will you please? the guy still has so many options it would take me over an hour to write them all out.

worst case scenario,he buys a $500 shitbox out of the trading post and does his deliveries in that while he's on his P's,then drives his dad's car again.

it's not age discimination at all. there are people far older than me on their P's,how does that work out then?

there is still freedom of choice,WITHIN THE GUIDLINES. same as you can't buy alcohol when you're underage,or buy a firearm without a license,you can't drive a turbo car or a V8 on your P's.

driving IS a privilege,NOT a right,and it's about time you realised that,and that this isn't the end of civilisation as we know it like you're making it out to be. it's a delay period which if used correctly,will produce better drivers in the long run,at the expense of their bragging rights in the short term. it's not costing you money,or imposing any REAL hardships on you,so in all honesty,just get over it and live with the system,like the rest of the country does.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:10 pm 
T28

Car: S12
bigkev81 wrote:
well, since the RTA are making me restart my Green P's Ive decided to put my turbo dreams on hold for insurance purposes. I'm just gonna wait till i get my full license. Now I've got 5 grand to play with. Planning on putting on a bodykit and upgrading the stereo system as well as adding a few mods.

What upgrades do you guys think i should do? Already planning on getting an exhaust. What else can u do to push more horses out of my engine?

well what sort of car do u have??

s12 Gazelle Under construction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:22 pm 
T66

Car: none
an s13
Ive learnt that the new P plate laws dont apply to me so i might turbo this car or i might get a v8 soarer.

Still deciding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:57 pm 
TO4

Car: silrina
fergo308 wrote:
it's a delay period which if used correctly,will produce better drivers in the long run,at the expense of their bragging rights in the short term. it's not costing you money,or imposing any REAL hardships on you,so in all honesty,just get over it and live with the system,like the rest of the country does.

Someone posted a study on SAU done in WA recently that shows there's no correlation between hi-po and youth speeding fatalities.

Personally I crashed a lot when I was on my Ps. Then I got onto my silvers and bought a v8.. That kept me out of trouble. Now I have a turbz and drive like a grandma.

Grandmaaaa!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:47 am 
T03

Car: 1993 Silvia Qspec
The way the RTA has gone about defining a "hi-po" vehicle though is absolutely ridiculous. For (hypothetical) example, the kid who just got his P's in a family with a v70 volvo, brand new...volvo...stationwagon...with a 5star NCAP rating, but wait it has a turbo (never mind that its only making 125kw in a car that weighs about 1600kg) clearly it is unsafe for the kid to drive this car. So he does out and buys a 1978 datto for $600.....now which car do you think hes more likely to die in. GOOD WORK RTA

Or case 2, (again hypothetical) if they want to get P platers out of high performance cars and the fresh out of RTA training kid has a choice between the 2 family cars. His mums C200K merc (banned due to supercharged engine making 105kw) or his dad's Lotus Exige (4clyinder N/A car making 141kw and weighing 850kg). Which one do you reckon is the "high performance car" again compliments to the men and women at the roads and traffic authority.

Surely if you're going to ban certain cars, the way that VICROADS has gone about it is much better "No provisional driver may drive a car whose power to weight ratio exceeds 125kw/tonne" (i think they also have a capacity to weight limit)

My final complaint to the people at the RTA is the ridiculous amounts they charge to do anything. Recently I had to get a copy of my driving record to make an insurance claim. I filled out 1 form, they photocopied my licence and gave me a printout that said "L's issued, P1 issued, P2 issued"

Cost to them: 3 sheets of A4 paper, 5 minutes of attendants time
Cost to me: $17...now tell me thats a reasonable price...

END OF BITCH

Quote:
"Im going to stab them in the eye then carve myself some new cams out of their bones. " Ark