Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Got Jipped on car sale!
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:41 am 
T66

Car: none
Heres the story.
Early march my lil bro told me his mate that was selling a silvia that he bought damaged and was fixing. The car had light impact on the front passenger side. Anyways, i had a look at it and it looked very neat minus the damaged front end.

Anyways, i worked out a deal that i would give him a deposit of $3500 up front and then pay the rest by installments, another $3000. And he would have the car fixed by mid may for me and ready for rego.

Anyways, time went by i made the payment and he took it to a smash repair and got it fixed. Then he bought a nose cut and transplanted most of the stuff over. I went to check it out one day and noticed that you couldnt open the front passenger door cause the guards were to close to the door. He told me that the guards werent on str8 and they just needed to be moved forward and he would fix it for me.

Anyways, 1 week to go and the car was still in the exact same condition missing the bonnet, radiator and indicators. I told him to get a move on cos it was nearly time. anyways, he bought everything except for the indicators which i bought out of my own pocket cos i wanted the kent to hurry up.

He dropped the car off a week late while i wasnt home and left the keys with my mum.
When i got home and checked it out the passenger door was still the same. The bonnet wouldnt close cause he hadnt bolted it on properly. The battery was dead. He had removed the fan shroud and didnt put it back on, he put a radiator for a manual sr20 and then cable tied an oil cooler onto the radiator just inches from the exposed fan, transmission fluid was low.

Man i could kill him, if only i was there when he dropped it off my house, i would have sent it back and taken my money back from him.

Reason the panels are so close is the smash repair, G&R Rix did the dodgiest job my mate had ever seen. my lil bro told me they fixed it for a case of beer. my panel beater mate said it looks like they drank it before they started working on it. gonna cost me another $700 for them to pull the skirt out and all.

Sorry about the really long post guys, just had to get it off my chest.

[end rant]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:05 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
What kind of little brother lets his mate sell this kind of shit to his own flesh and blood and doesn't tell him before the thing's handed over?

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:35 pm 
T66

he didnt know the repairs were badly done. All the other little bits dont bother me, they are all easy fixes. Its only the bad repair thats giving me the shits. Anyways, my panel beater mate reckons he can fix it for about $300 and he gonna right me a reciept for $700 which im gonna shove in his face, and hopefully get some money back from him. But i dont think i will. He's pleading ignorance on all charges and the only way he's willing to settle this is by taking it back to the butchers who fixed it in the first place and getting them to have another shot at it.
I DONT THINK SO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:37 pm 
T66

Car: s15
just punch him in the face =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 7:06 pm 
T88

Car: Bike: Kwa ZX2-R, Ma R6, Daytona 675
I say you pole him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:46 am 
T66

it would be nice.
if only i can find the bastard.
he moved right afterwards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:50 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
bigkev81 wrote:
it would be nice.
if only i can find the bastard.
he moved right afterwards

If that's the case I'd go over the whole car thoroughly! who knows what else is wrong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:08 am 
T66

the cars been looked over by a mate of mine who knows his stuff. I was considering selling it but after he looked at it he advised me to keep it.

Said it was a great car apart from the little easy fixes which i have mostly fixed up anyways.
The car is going into the smash repair this wednesday. Will cost about $50 for the tow and $250 for the repairs thanks to my mate whos looking after me. Ive changed the radiator on it. Didnt cost me anything cos i swapped it for my police scanner and bought a new battery.

So hopefully she'll be on the road this friday. I cant wait!!!!
As i said in the other thread im gonna spend about 5k on it in the next 2 months on an exhaust, system, bodykit and maybe even change the colour. I like the black but its so hard to keep clean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:26 pm 
T03 Hybrid

bigkev81 wrote:
the cars been looked over by a mate of mine who knows his stuff. I was considering selling it but after he looked at it he advised me to keep it.

Said it was a great car apart from the little easy fixes which i have mostly fixed up anyways.
The car is going into the smash repair this wednesday. Will cost about $50 for the tow and $250 for the repairs thanks to my mate whos looking after me. Ive changed the radiator on it. Didnt cost me anything cos i swapped it for my police scanner and bought a new battery.

So hopefully she'll be on the road this friday. I cant wait!!!!
As i said in the other thread im gonna spend about 5k on it in the next 2 months on an exhaust, system, bodykit and maybe even change the colour. I like the black but its so hard to keep clean.

is your car a blue automatic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:11 pm 
T66

no its a black auto.
Why do u ask?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:42 pm 
T03 Hybrid

i fixed a s13 at work. i was just worried cos i thought i fixed it up quite well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:17 pm 
T66

It was fixed at G&R Rix in moorebank but I've heard that they are under new ownership.