Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bored Cops
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:05 am 
T51

Well i just got done for doing a U-turn on the old pacific highweay at 1am. Now I'm sure most of you are fimiliar with that old stretch of road, but for those of you who aren't, this road gets maybe 1 car every minute on it going past - at 1am it's a graveyard, except for the occasional club cruise.

Anyway, this tosser pulled me over and booked me for doing a U-turn. Kept me waitin for about 15 mins too. What a wanker - on double demerit points weekend too. I don't suppose anyone knows what the fine and licence points are for doing a U-turn over unbroken double-white lines is? Also for future reference, where can I look these things up. I tried on the RTA site, but it's mostly legal crap with very little useful info on actual fines and demerit point penalties.

Cops can be such fuckwitts - if only he'd gotten laid this morning, then I woulda got let off.

-J-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:14 am 
Quad T66

Car: Cefiro coming
I reckon the way to tell the good and bad ones is when you drive past normally. If they are good they will not even notice you and just keep driving. The dodgy ones will sneer and stare as you go past like you are scum, and you are about to commit evil.

The really dodgy ones then turn around to follow you and tailgate. Once a paddywagon went up the inside of 4 cars before a roundabout, just to tail me. Tailgated me down a main street, around another round about, into a train station car park, and then put on the lights. Strode up, gave me a real hard core talk (but with no substance becuase we both knew I had done nothing wrong), and then breath tested me. What an asshole.

So far I'd say I'd had about a 50/50 mix of good and bad cops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:39 pm 
T51

It's such wasted manpower sending a cop out to patrol the pac high at 1am. I understand that speeding is very dangerous, especially on a busy street, where if you lose control, you're not only going to injure yourself, but also potentially other innocent people. But on a deserted highway in the middle of the night, if people are being idiots then that's their right - the only people they're gunna hurt is themselves. I guarentee you while that wanker cop was out looking for people to bust for doing U-turns and other trivial shit, there was some poor girl being gangraped in some shitty part of far western sydney.

After he gave me the ticket, he got back in his car, and drove past me. He stops, let the window down, and ordered me to drive away, and said he'd give me an on-the-spot $500 fine if I didn't. Does he have any fucking right at all to do that? It's such blatant harassment. I stopped on the side of the road on the way back and a GTI-R pulled up next to me and we had a chat - he had just been pulled over for doing 4kms over the speedlimit, so he wanted to have a good bitch. I got him to describe the cop, and it was the same damn asshole. Why do they hate modified cars so much?

I mean, to hell with the drug-dealers, murderers and rapeists - lets concentrate on those guys with loud exhausts - they're the real fucking criminals!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:20 pm 
T51 Hybrid

i hear you, i hear you man!
they dont go all out against the real crims and some of them really hate modded cars and they try to book em for what ever they can!!!
you see over where you are the cops will fine you for doing shit like 4km/h over the limit or a u-turn at 1am on a deserted road.......over here they will look at your car and just wack a yellow sticker on it with out even having a defect on your car.......but they just make one up......then you go through the PITS and they saw that some cops are assholes and they let you go, sometimes they dont even look at the car!!!!
and that is shit to see all the nice modded up 180Sx's and Silvia's half of them always have yellow stickers on them.........
you know that at the kingsway (suburb in Perth) drags the cops came and everyone was just in this car park lookin at everyone elses cars and talking and they just brought out a wod of yellow stickers and then just walked in a straight line and wacked one on each car as they walked past...without even lookin at the cars!!! dickheads!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:13 pm 
T03

Just on the topics about cops.....
I was speeding on the hume hwy against a civic and all of the sudden i see a cop in front of me holding a fucken speed/radar gun....
they didn't chase me at all and they didn't look at me but like am i gonna get a fine off them or the gun doesn't have memory to save the speed reading or pics?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:34 pm 
Twin T04

Car: 92 Silvia Q, 93 180sx
was the civic in front of u? was it goin faster? if yes to either of these then they wont know exactly how fast u were goin...speed guns only do fastest car movin (i think) butttttt! if they think u were street racing they can bust u and if they estimate u were over limit then they can still bust u (ie was civic pulling away? or more likley...were u? seeing as silvias are heaps better...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:16 pm 
T51 Hybrid

yea, on the topic of civics i have a question about them......

i know a guy with a few modds on his civic, it's a 1996 civic and he's put a 3" exhaust with a 5" tip and an airfilter and a cold air intake.........do you thinnk i will be able to out run him??
coz he saw my friends sisters boyfriends 180Sx and he thought that he could beat it!!!! he says that they are shit, so i told him to go rice up his car a bit more, i dont like this guy, and he thinks his car is soooo damn hot and it would beat anything..........i will be ale to prove him wrong wont i in a stock 180Sx (SR20) with an exhaust and airfilter wont i???
i hate civics but they are fun to race and beat! :lol: :lol: :) :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:59 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Cops around my area are ten times worst then the cops newhere else...
i'm talkin about the eastwood, ryde area... if u see ne cops around here not only will u get a fine but most prolly a beating as well if u talk bak...
but i dunt worry about them nemore as i realised that they are all just pigs that hopefully die in a chase (if they dunt get blown as usual)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:22 pm 
Twin T04

You should be able 2 Whip the Civic just bring up the boost a little to make sure, and to rub it in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:25 pm 
Twin T78

Car: The QIKmobile
Off memory crossing double whites is 3 points normally. Handheld radar guns you have nothing to worry about if they didnt pull you over they dont record photos etc. You will beat the civic even in stock form.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:35 pm 
T03

Thanks Qik. ~~~phew.... (i only had 1pt left anyways) :wink:

CraZeeE....... the civic was in front but in the right lane.... i was on the left.... i was whooping the civic until we ran into some trucks and cars and the fucken crazy faggot over took the truck with no much room to spare... crazy man and so i started to slow down until there was space to break free.... and then went in front but then hit the brakes hard on since i saw the cops on the left standing there with the speed gun things.....
man it sucks when theres traffic on a sunday and cops everywhere :(
Hey... i've seen some turbo charged civic's around such as my friends one... i was wondering if they go faster than silvias since my friend said that he can whoop my ass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:43 pm 
Twin T04

I have seen some pretty wild Civics with turbos but u will be able 2 beat them, with a few mods Turbo silvias will kill them.

I think u should give your "friend" a race

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:04 pm 
T03

Yeh i will give him a race once i get my engine conversion done....
my CA is about to go :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:40 pm 
Twin T04

Car: 1995 SR20DET 180sx
SR180sx >

to answer your question about CIVICs..
I used to own one a 2000 VTIR Coupe.. 118kw in standard form.

now if the guy has 3" exhaust my bet is its the DOHC VTIR engine too...
with a full zost and headers the car will be on 125-130kw...
if its a hatch then its slightly bit lighter then the 1170kg COUPE.. :D

the coupe runs 7sec flat on 0-100 according to FF reviews.
:)
It'll give you a good run with an SR20DE.... :D
I've had a run with the CA18DE and SR20DE and i have pulled away harder than them as the car revs right up to 8200 with no drop of power.

i've ran SR20DETs with it but have never managed to pull away from them BUT they didn't blow me away that bad either... always end up a car length behind mid 3rd gear

just my 2cents...

AS for cops... this long weekend....
every sigle day a cop has tailed me. For what. I've got a stock looking 180sx apart from the couple of guages in the middle of the dash. and the muff - I think thats whats attracting these cops.

they just tail you waitin for you to do sumtin..

AND GET THIS .. acouple of days ago a mates WRX got defected... FOR WHAT... his freakin gearknob. thats it.. The copper tried to defect him on his wheels cos the cop thought it was too big... and what are the wheels ??? stock 16" WRX rims painted black....

whata wierd f*(ker... :x

but what can you do... ??? their cops... they do whatever they want... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:19 am 
T51 Hybrid

nahh he duznt have the VTiR engine coz he wants to put it in....it's just the stock hatchback DOHC 1.6L what eva engine.......just with the exhaust andair intake! he dragged my mates pintara (few mods :lol: ) and only beat it by a car and a half length......my mates pinny duz the 1/4 in a HUGE 18 seconds! hahaha, fast ehh!!!! hehe so i'd say he duz a 17sec 1/4 (civic guy) so i'm not scared!!!! hahaha <---- laugh at civics!!!!!

VTEC and VTiR what's the difference in performance??