Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:56 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
http://www.tian.cc/2005/03/sucks-to-be- ... olara.html

A guy who captured a tow truck driver incorrectly mounting a car on the external lift, and it falling off when he tried to drive off.

As per most blogs, its the comments that are the funniest part.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:47 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
My onevia was getting towed down to the paint shop yesterday and my painter doesnt like the guy i use, who is really good, so i got one of their tow truck drivers. I rang up this company at 1.20 and said im going to need a tilt-tray in about an hour, the block says that will be fine. Got home, start maskin everything and the block doesnt show, so i ring the company and they said they will send one down, i said i wanted a tilt-tray and they said they didnt have any, i stuck it to em and hung up.

The block gets to my joint with some crash gear(ones with the fork hanging off the back)and im thinkin this isnt going to work. The fags like..."oh ive towed lambo's and ferarri's, and i said i dont give a shit mate. I put it on there and its an inch from the ground, so i told him to go.

Car got down there 2 hours later than it should, and the bottom of the bumper was scratched. Wont go near them again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:24 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I got stuck into a tow truck driver one night when they wanted to pull my car onto the flat bed by wrapping the tow hooks around the radius rods.

I reminded the guy that the car had tow hooks under the front for a reason,and suggested he use them. he replied 'she'll be right', to which I replied 'no,you'll pull it up and tie it down using the proper points,or you can piss off and I'll get someone else.'
he did it properly then,and there were no further hassles. I advise that you all make sure you're present whenever you get a car of yours towed,and keep a close eye on how it's done.
towies will be as lazy as they can get away with in most cases,and it can cost you money in damaged components and bodywork if you're not there to pull them up before it happens.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:43 pm 
Quad T88

When my car was getting towed away on a tilt tray the guy was going to hook up to the tow hook at the rear left which is connected to the rear bar. The bar was almost hanging off as i just got it on the there so it could get painted. I said to him," Dont hook it up to this one the bar isnt bolted on.he replied" it will be fine",and hooks it on.

I was looking at the stuck up prick. I said take that shit off there and hook it up to that one, im not going to risk my new paint job over somthing that can be simply avoided.

He did what i said, but why do they all have this, oh it'll be fine attitude. Im sure im we were the tow truck drivers and we were towing their pride and joy, and we just hooked up to any bit of metal we can find thats most likly gonna fuk up, they would get up us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:01 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
Most people in any profession get their fair share of bone-headed requests, whereas these guys do it day in and day out. It breeds arrogance after a while.

Ever tried to call tech support? :D

The main difference is that, for the most part, these guys don't actually have a clue and end up fucking shit up. When you're talking to enthusiasts whose cars aren't standard and know their cars well, their opinion should be taken a fair bit differently to when you're towing some soccer mum's Camry or Pajero.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:43 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
spot on scathing.

9 times out of 10 it probably is fine to pick cars up using the lower control arms or radius rods or whatever else they see first under the front end.
but that tenth time when you get someone who actually cares about the condition of their suspension and about how their car handles,that tiny bit of damage you're doing by pulling the car onto a truck by it's steering components will show up.

if I lived out west and had enough space,I'd have already bought my own flatbed. there's a lot of truth in the old 'if you want it done right,do it yourself' adage.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:30 am 
TO4

hey pig magnet i live on the northern beaches, drive around in a white AE92 with 17" white diablo rims, as i sold my sil, mind telling me which tow company it was and which paint shop, and how much did it cost?

Cheers mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:52 pm 
Quad T88

Pm sent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:36 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: 1993 White (Pearl) 180sx
I've only had to get towed once (thankfully) and that was my own at-fault (single car) interaction with a gutter.

The driver was great... arrived when quoted, pulled the car onto his tilt-tray properly (first warning me that because of the height of the car (and damage) that he wouldn't be responsible for any further damage, but would do his best to do none). And the car was pulled onto the tray without damaging it any further.

Back at home, he drove up the laneway to my garage, made an EXTREMELY tight turn, and dropped the car - with a fair amount of fiddling around - IN the garage (so much so that I could close the garage door without having to move the car at all).

Unfortunately, not all towies are that good, but I thought you'd all like to know that there's at least one out there that's not a complete moron.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:56 pm 
TO4

Car: silrina
I had about 10 tow jobs last year and not one of those guys messed me around. None of them scratched my car and all dropped it how and where I wanted it.

Musta been lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:46 pm 
Quad T88

The guys that i use are great. Not self richious dickheads, just good guys. In fact pretty well every guy in "manly towing" is good. Would highly recommend them to anyone on the beaches.