Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:00 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:51 pm 
T28

Car: evo'd gsr lancer
Risking wrote:
seems you think your dad is god which is cool but doesn't mean he knows everything. cops are good people there are 3 in my street and i know them all. Police are higher than everyone else when they are in uniform how do you decide they are not??

Put into perspective mate, your house gets done over or something else hapens who do you call the cops yeah???

Im not saying don't pay the fine read my damn post and you will see what I did which is what i was told to do by an officer.

Quote:
i'd rather THEM set me straight about the law
keep the input coming but maybe someone who has gone to court over this???

why the fuck did you post on here for???
seems you are already decided that we know nothing about the law, without even knowing who we actually are or what we do for a living.

Ive been to court not only for my own car but also customers vehicles, i tried offering my advise.

i find it pathetic that you have to swear in that sentence. i mean the sentence without the proffanity would have had the same effect but instead you put it in there, maybe to seem 'cool' i dont know
mate, i've listened to your advice and like i said earlier, i appreciate all that i can get at the moment, no where have i said that my dad was 'god' just that he has alot of knowledge in the law, you'd know that if you asked me why i was taking his word for it maybe instead of assuming that i think of him as 'god'
think man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:33 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
Hmm why do I swear, its really a means of expressing emotion if you think about it. Mods won't care its a bitching forum, free to do so in here.

I appreciate the fact that your old man knows more than you but my advise has come through two parents with law degrees (no shit).
Hense why i wrote an appropriate letter to the appropriate people.
Quote:
we are writting a letter to the police integrity commission

That won't get you anywhere ive told you who to write to. In my oppinion thats good advise so get writting :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:27 pm 
Twin T51

Car: coon
what do you want, sympathy or answers? how about you try to deal with your problems, instead of bitching about them on the internet. try hot4s.com you'll probably find the bulshit answers your looking for there. oh and this is my own opinion, if you dont like it, pop it back into third and cruise on outta here. :roll:

better go and put my keyboard warrior gloves on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:50 am 
T28

splashman wrote:
what do you want, sympathy or answers? how about you try to deal with your problems, instead of bitching about them on the internet. try hot4s.com you'll probably find the bulshit answers your looking for there. oh and this is my own opinion, if you dont like it, pop it back into third and cruise on outta here. :roll:

better go and put my keyboard warrior gloves on...

yep k must be my bad then
this was a BITCHING thread but hey apparently im not allowed to bitch on it so lets just leave this thread where it lay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:55 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
lol the Police Integrity Commission wont do much for you!!

thats for corrupt cops dude, so unless you dad's one of these. they will only tell you where to go.

take Risking's advice. OR just cop it on the chin and pay it. fair enough you want to bitch, but dont tell us all how badly the cop was doing his job. he was just doing his job! and in his assessment of your car, it was deemed to be defective.

what do you do for a living? how would you like it if someone told you off when all you were doing was your job??

maybe your dad has some insight into the matter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:38 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
evo15m wrote:
do you go around to every other topic on this thread calling them wankers if you do not agree with them?

No.

If people have a different opinion to me, but its justified, I'll respect that even though I don't personally agree with it. Reckon an Evo Lancer blows a GT-R away? Given the Evo's shorter wheelbase and lighter mass means its better on tighter roads (and touge-style or dirt road driving might be all you're interested in), I could see where you're coming from even though I reckon a GT-R is a better sports car in general.

I don't call people a wanker just because I disagree with them. I call people a wanker when I think they're talking shit and can't see how stupid they are.

If someone wants to have a bitch about their car getting dinged when they've parked it in a carpark or on the street, and the perpetrator just shoots through, I'll be right behind them. If someone's driving a legally modified car within the letter of the law, and gets hassled just because they're on their P's and handed with bullshit defect notices, I'll agree the cops are being a bunch of shit eaters.

But when someone gets caught speeding (and gunning it in 3rd will never be under a 60km/hr limit in any sports car) and then hit up for several legitimate defects, and in the process of having a whinge about getting caught red-handed doing something wrong calls the guy doing his job a wanker, I'm not feeling too much sympathy.

One of the reasons people like this forum is because most of the time they get straight, no nonsense, advice. People who are going to call a spade a spade, not see it as a metaphor for giving you an online blowjob.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:40 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
where can i get an online blow job???? :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:04 pm 
T28

Scathing wrote:
evo15m wrote:
do you go around to every other topic on this thread calling them wankers if you do not agree with them?

No.

If people have a different opinion to me, but its justified, I'll respect that even though I don't personally agree with it. Reckon an Evo Lancer blows a GT-R away? Given the Evo's shorter wheelbase and lighter mass means its better on tighter roads (and touge-style or dirt road driving might be all you're interested in), I could see where you're coming from even though I reckon a GT-R is a better sports car in general.

I don't call people a wanker just because I disagree with them. I call people a wanker when I think they're talking shit and can't see how stupid they are.

If someone wants to have a bitch about their car getting dinged when they've parked it in a carpark or on the street, and the perpetrator just shoots through, I'll be right behind them. If someone's driving a legally modified car within the letter of the law, and gets hassled just because they're on their P's and handed with bullshit defect notices, I'll agree the cops are being a bunch of shit eaters.

But when someone gets caught speeding (and gunning it in 3rd will never be under a 60km/hr limit in any sports car) and then hit up for several legitimate defects, and in the process of having a whinge about getting caught red-handed doing something wrong calls the guy doing his job a wanker, I'm not feeling too much sympathy.

One of the reasons people like this forum is because most of the time they get straight, no nonsense, advice. People who are going to call a spade a spade, not see it as a metaphor for giving you an online blowjob.

dude make sure your posting in the right thread here i mean where have i said anything about an evo beating a GTR?
i didnt ask for sympathy just advice which i got and am greatful for, still dont know why you think im a 'p' plateer but hey, maybe you dont read the whole post i dont know
i appreciate the straight forward-ness of your post however tell me how we are meant to get along if you and me are going at it in this thread and in another thread when i ask a dude what mods he has i get told that i might be casing his car to steal???
i come to this forum cause i really want to buy either a 200sx or a 180 and so far the people i've met (bar a couple) have been nothing but rude with their responses. now this wouldnt bother me if i was a veteran member but im new here and this was my first post cause i saw it say 'BITCHING FORUM' and i thought i could get this off my chest, and receive different peoples opinion. i mean you think im in the wrong here and thats fine, no need to keep going on about it
maybe i took this forum the wrong way when i joined, maybe i should act hostile so that i fit in here better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:05 pm 
Banned

Car: 91 S13 Q
posting in this thread for posterity.

seriously, anybody going to be getting back on topic anytime soon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:40 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
nah not any time soon kos :lol:

evo driver: people on here can be very stubborn, especially those who know alot, but thats because we see so many n00bs coming here starting shit needlessly (visit nissansilvia.com to see it at its worst).

I didnt much like your first post here either actually - although its a pain in the ass being defected, you need to know the better route to get past it. The cop seemed to get you on valid defects (or at least defects that he might have been concerned about). The FMIC is a definite defect without an engineers cert - its not only to prove that the car is still structurally sound, but also that the FMIC isnt going to fall off!
The defect on the wheels was probably him spiting you... its not often youll get defected for 17s if they arent on a swift or the like.

You can bitch in a bitching forum - but we can also bitch about your bitch in said bitching forum 8) Use a bit more tact in future :lol:

Regarding the whole withholding information about BLISTCs car thing - keep in mind that you ARE a n00b here (so we dont know you at all), and many of us got off on the wrong foot here in this thread (so the initial impression was that you are someone to be wary of).

Come to a few KKs meets and talk with some of the regulars - it will let you see what we are really like, and let us see if youve got a gun hidden behind your back :wink:

Hopefully this thread will die in the ass now, because it has served its purpose.
I hope you enjoy your stay on here mate,
-Luke

PS: scathings' remarks on the evo vs gt-r matter was just an example of how he can show a different opinion on a matter to someone else, but still get along just fine - i think it was a good showing of acceptance towards you, as he used your car as part of the example (and stated why it is good compared to the GT-R). He may not be a fan of the evo, but he understands why YOU like it, and accepts that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:01 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
A fucking men to that ark :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:30 pm 
Quad T66

Car: Cefiro coming
evo15m wrote:
i hit a steep climb so naturally i dropped it back to third and guned it.

I'm pretty sure you would have lost most of us at that point...

As Ark explained we get a lot of noobs here a lot of them brag about driving like maniacs. If you gun it everytime you reach a hill you were bound to be collected by the law sooner or later.

Some food for thought:

Think about what might have happened if you didn't gun it, and possibly weren't pulled over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:50 am 
T28

ok dudes i appreciate the feedback
the whole gunning it part was cause i was pissed off at the time and wanted to blow a bit of steam but hey, it was wrong
i do think myself very lucky that he didnt have a speed camera so i still have my licence but i didnt like it when he started to threaten me (which i didnt post before), not like deathly threats or anything but like i must accept the defects or he was gonna book me for 45kms over speed limit and take my licence for two years and give me a $1600 fine
bit of a hard lesson to learn about this forum as im a member of 3 other forums and get along no probs with everyone so i guess i just expected to be treated the same way here as im not a cop, not a theif and just love to cruze and look at cars and race

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:54 am 
Quad T88

Car: *insert car here*
well racing is bad.. its a big no no :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:03 am 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
racing is the BEST (if youre on a race track or on private property :lol: )

hmmm im thinking there has to be a silviansw.com track day soon :D