Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:25 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
if its tuned on 98 sloptimax, then why do u have to go fill up with 95RON for? Would it be better to go with another brand with 98 RON, they do exist..

Caltex - Vortex (some stores)
BP - Ultimate
Mobile - Synergy 9000

Your car is tuned for 98RON, not Shell fuel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:52 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: s15 spec-s GT
i never put 95 ron in my car since i bought it, most of the time run on Optimax, twice on BP ultimate.
I asked the question just in case i go to some remote towns/areas where they don't have 98 ron petrol.
And in that case, by adding octane boost to 95 ron petrol and keep the boost down should be sufficient, shouldn't it?

thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:16 pm 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
yep, as long as you're cafeful with it you'll have no problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:37 pm 
T51

Car: s15
yeh what fck is going on with shell? :evil:

its like they have a driver shortage or something?

anyway best bet is BP ,i tried it went better than shell so i mite switch

and Vortex is shit fuel 95-96 crap :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:08 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: White S15 Spec S GT
Filled up at BP today......Listed 98c on the sign.....paid 111c...

Aren't PULP usually about 9c more the ULP?......since when they jacked this margin up to 13c??!! :x

I've also notice BP selling 96RON PULP along with BP Ultimate....i wonder why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:47 pm 
T78

Car: S14a, Euro Accord Lux
the margin usually varies depending where u are, i filled up near the city they advertised 102.9 unleaded and BP ultimate was 120.9 , but i dont really care about the costs, i reckon BP is the best besides C16 fuel ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:14 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
keviny wrote:
I've also notice BP selling 96RON PULP along with BP Ultimate....i wonder why?

Yeah ive seen some places do this as well, some cars are recommended to run on 95 while others 98, maybe thats the reason, who knows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:52 am 
T51

U know sometimes i wonder if they are even selling u the 98? what if they say 98 on the pump but the tanks got the crap stuff? bit of highway robbery? :-? can that happen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:59 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180sx - Type X
mate of mine just told me that BP are now starting to run out of premium as well. :evil:

look like the cops mite win for a week, for most turbo cars off the road =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:06 pm 
Quad T88

Car: My Feet
I went to a few servos yesterday, and only one had PULP, and that was only one bowser out of six, this was BP.

I don't feel good putting petrol in if it's the dregs at the bottom of the tank, it's like drinking the last bits from a 1.25L coke bottle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:21 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: s14a
i was on empty on wednesday n went to da shell near my place n da fucks had none left :(
so i drove all da way to da shell on cumbo n they had none either!

i find optimax to be the cheapest of all 98ron petty.. but they should at least put a sign up on their price board 'no optimax'.

To at least save da hassle of drivers entering/leaving there servos for nothing.
bloody bastards.
im never using shell again, as their services are piss shit.
Always running out of petrol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:36 pm 
T03 Hybrid

it was on the news that opti is out until early dec

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:09 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 94 Soarer GT
This really pissed me off over the entire weekend.

Saturday was maintenance day (in preparation for next weeks BBQ :wink: ), so I start the car on Friday night to see that I have 5 litres of fuel left. Bugger - that ain't gonna be enough to get to my parents house (where I was doing the maintenance.

So, I drive looking for fuel on Friday night. Shell @ Moore Park, no fuel, let alone Optimax. Shell Rosebery, no Optimax or Diesel. Shell Botany, no Optimax or Diesal either.

At this stage, I'm looking for any servo that does premium unleaded. I'd love to know if there are actually any service stations around the Botany areas that aren't either a crappy independant or Shell?

Drive past the refineries and swear my ass off at them from out the window (seriously, but wouldn't you know it - Shell's refinery isn't at the same location as Mobil, Caltex and BP), and then get to Shell at Matraville - again, no Optimax. Shell Pagewood, no Optimax or Diesel. Finally get to Kensington and crack the shits. I get 10 litres of regular unleaded since they had no Optimax or Diesel either and ask the guy behind the counter if I can have an Octane additive.

The prick said "we don't sell those things here". After 40 minutes of driving around, I went nuts at this guy. Man, I was pissed.

Anyway, it was enough fuel to get me to my parents house, allowing me to get my oil/air/fuel filters done (I wouldn't have been running it dry if I wasn't doing the fuel filter). But then came the fun part of re-filling my tank...

I went to around 10 service stations around Edensor Park/Horsely Park/Bonnyrigg area, and none of them (BPs, Shells, Mobils) have any premium unleaded! This is f$%^ing rediculous!!!

In any case, I finally managed to find Premium Unleaded at a mobil at Greenacre, and filled my tank - ready for next weekend. I've probably driven through in excess of 30 service stations this weekend.

And I guess that I have a warning for everyone - including those who are coming to the BBQ next weekend - FILL UP NOW! Coz from what I've heard when hurling abuse back at the service station attendees, Shell ain't expecting Optimax back until the 27th at the earliest, and they are having severe Deisel shortages too. Mobil and BP are both practically out too, and probably won't have enough to last the week.

-------

Oh, and call me paranoid, but does anyone think that this may be an excuse to keep prices high? I mean, the AU$ has gone up 8 cents since Bush got re-elected less than 3 weeks ago, but are we yet to see this reflected in the price of petrol???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:33 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 92 Silvia
Quote:
from what I've heard when hurling abuse back at the service station attendees,

Spingo look i know u mus tof been very angry and all but going off at the people who work at the servos is bloody stupid. I work at a servo and i deal with plenty if dipshit customers who go off at me about fuel prices or some stupid i have no controll over. We have no say in when the tanks get refilled at all.... we dont put a sign out to say we r empty on a certain fuel because we r not allowed ( i think the bosses want people to come in and go wow look no bp ultimate so lets just get some premium unleaded instead - so they still make a sale, stupid i knopw but we cant changethat... ) We can only put signs that fuel is out on the pumps them selves cause of what either bp or caltex or whoever runs the servo says... its the way they run it the people who work in the servo just do that only WORK there... They go by what the higher powers say so going off at them is the wrong thing to do no matter how angry you are unless i spose they are arseholes that serve you which most arnt... so ease up a bit mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:32 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
I agree, lay off the retail workers. Especially this time of year. Our jobs suck at the best of times.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next