Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post Whoring ><!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:31 am 
Quad T88

Car: Nissan 180SX
Hi all...

ever since the 50 post rule has been implemented in the for sale section... and we sorta knew this was going to happen....

i have seen 2 or 3 users absolutley whore the forums just to get to 50 posts. I just hate the fact that i check this forum at night before i go to sleep, then come in the morning to check all new posts and threads from a few weeks ago have been dug up, and 20 different topics have been replied to usually with nothing more than a "ahhh that cool" or "i dont like the look of it". this has happened within what 1 week of the rule implementation?

those people know exactly who they are. I dont mean to be rude and i dont want to start a fight, but it is just starting to piss me off.

sorry, but i thought id just step up and say something about it all.

-mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:28 am 
Quad T88

Car: My Feet
Mark, we have already issued warnings to anyone in breach of Rule #17, which can be seen in the Forum Rules

17. Pointless posts will result in the member being banned until further notice. This includes posts created simple to increase your post count, this is considered "SPAM". (See Rule #3).

We take this very seriously so if anyone feels forums members are in breach please advise a Moderator or Admin member, we will then investigate and take the according action.

Thanks for your input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:40 am 
TO4

Car: S14a
I'm not sure that warning them is going to work as they only need one spate of whoring to get up to 50 and then they won't do it again anyway cos they don't need to, not cos they got a warning.

IMHO the offending posts should simply be removed (so post count goes down again) and warning should be given. I think this would be much more effective at stoping ppl from whoring just so they can post 'for sale' stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:45 am 
Quad T88

Car: My Feet
Yes we also remove the useless posts, and the warning is first and final.
Any repeat offence results in a ban.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:56 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Car: S15
MYS15T wrote:
Mark, we have already issued warnings to anyone in breach of Rule #17, which can be seen in the Forum Rules

17. Pointless posts will result in the member being banned until further notice. This includes posts created simple to increase your post count, this is considered "SPAM". (See Rule #3).

We take this very seriously so if anyone feels forums members are in breach please advise a Moderator or Admin member, we will then investigate and take the according action.

Thanks for your input.

yeah i agree! there's this guy . i think his name is MYS15T. he whores a bit. lol
(fuck im funny when it counts)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:01 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
ive noticed some abosolutly useless whoring, but the mods and admins will take care of this im sure, there is an additional moderator for the work load so yeah.

IMPORT wrote:
(fuck im funny when it counts)

Funny like a punch to the genitals :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:41 pm 
T78

Car: dead 180
How about the people who can't spell properly? It makes it very annoying trying to read posts when people don't write proper english.

I'm sure these people know how to spell but they just don't bother because it is fully sik?

Do u now wat I men, bro??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:29 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 03 VY Commodore S2
I like how BLISTC congratulates Zei on being a post whore then creates another thread to complain about post whoring! :o

Yes, i know Zei doesnt post whore to beat the 50post rule (How many does Zei have, 2400 or so is'nt it??)

But I still think its unusual for BLISTC to both congratulate and condone the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:14 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
dude, when ur me or nis, you are allowed to whore. we are licenced to do so. and thats a fact!

plus, with both of us being personal friends of the admin team kind of helps. that said, there is no special treatment for us.

i think the whole thing BLISTC did was notify people that marty - the owner/president/god - of this club, was no longer at the top of the post list. it is also a LONG personal running joke about my post count and how marty constantly 0s my count for his pleasure, and also for him to see me suck up to him to put it back.

FYI, its in excess of 4500 posts :) just so you have the facts

FYI 2. condone:

To overlook, forgive, or disregard (an offense) without protest or censure. - Dictionary.com

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:41 pm 
Quad T88

MagiTEK wrote:
I like how BLISTC congratulates Zei on being a post whore then creates another thread to complain about post whoring! :o

Yes, i know Zei doesnt post whore to beat the 50post rule (How many does Zei have, 2400 or so is'nt it??)

But I still think its unusual for BLISTC to both congratulate and condone the same thing.

yeh zei u hit the nail on the head.

when i made that thread about zei being the top post whore, it is to be taken as a congratualtory joke, not praise for whoring, but to acknowldge the achievements of one very determined and very bored individual :P everyone knows zei posts alot, and that he is also a whore (hey no offence :lol: )

in regards to my "praising" it, i was simply just stating and letting everyone know, that the person who has held the top spot in posts (mayhem) since most likely day 1 since he started the forums, has been knocked off the top spot by zei. also, zei's posts usually are meaningful and actually contribute to topics and discussions. when you have someone posting the same reply twice, or scoruing the forums digging up threads to easily reply to, and posting 20 posts all within 5min of eachother, then thats where i get pissed off.

that is all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:49 pm 

gee thanks mate :P

and no offence taken :)

see this is a wasted post ie whoring. but informative and not so useless afterall hehe therefore im pretty good at covering this stuff up!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:54 pm 

further to this.

i just received an advertisement from someone via PM.

if ANYONE abuses the PM system and uses that for advertising will most likely suffer the same fate as someone whoring to get their post count up.

im not going to name anyone, but i will if you keep pissing me off with silly questions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:32 am 
T78 Hybrid

Car: S15
hmm yeah. if i wanna buy a friken wing for my car, ill go to the airplane shop. lol
is that who ya talking about?
grrrrrrrr!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:39 am 
Quad T88

BITCH AND RANT UPDATE!!!

i also now hate anyone who POSTS SHIT FOR SALE IN OTHER FUCKING TOPIC FORUMS!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:51 am 
Quad T04

Car: GTI
I was also sent that PM, will look into it guys..