Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Driving Rules....... :'(
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:39 pm 
T78

Car: Liberty GT, ser3 RX7, S14a 200sx, bug eye STI
hey everyone..!
ok heres the story, ever since my friends have started gettin their p's my parents have made these rules.

1. You can not drive with anyone on their P's. be it red or green.
2.You are not allowed to drive anyone anywhere on your P's

well how am i suppost to get around. they wont drive me anywhere....
they wont give me money to get anywhere....
other parents wont drive me around if im at a friends house and need to go somewhere... like get dropped home....

its a really hard thing to do... u just try it!!!! :(

they say that i dont have suffcient points or evidence that it is ok to drive with people in the car or just with people in general. i have aready said to them;

1. i dont really often go to parties so i wont have drunk people in my car. and if i go to a party, on a very rare occasion, i will sleep ova or get a taxi home. which i have done on previous occasions.

2. The two examples that they have of people crashing in a car is when the people in the car were drunk... and they had about 6 people in the car..(very overweight cars)

3. My parents won't drive me anywhere

4. my parents wont give me $2 for a train ticket

5. the risk of getting mugged or rolled if im coming home from a movie late..

6. i get stuck at peoples houses because no one can drive me home and then they get angry at me for them having to pick me up.. (they think
9:30pm is late at night..)

7. Why the F#@K did the RTA give me my license in the first place.. i did pass first go with a clean sheet (no errors)..

now i really dont have any real hard evidence or newspaper articles or anything so if anyone has found something that may help me it would be much appreciated! i just really need help!!!!!!

thanks in advance

asher.. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:58 pm 
Quad T88

Car: My Feet
Moved to Bitching Forum, as it's more a bitch then a plea for help.

That sucks man, and I thought my parents were strict and set in their ways.
Most ethnic parents are like that, they think very differently, well I found that was my case when comparing them to my mates parents.
This in turn just made me rebel even more and went totally off the scale.

I would suggest you sit them down and talk to them like an adult as you want to be treated like an adult, ask them to have an open mind, and get them to agree to that before sitting down, otherwise don't waste your breath.
When you ask them this, they might think "well he must have something important to say" and will listen.

Tell them why you believe you should be allowed to drive with others, and if they are still stubborn, then simply say well your going to do it wether they like it or not, its inevitable that it will happen, then ask them what would they rather?
For them to know where your going and with who, or for you to lie then go and do something they are not aware off.

I know it sucks, but you will look back at this time of you life in 10 years and remember how good it was to be a teenager.
Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:55 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 03 VY Commodore S2
Thats sucks man.

Im lucky enough to have pretty cool parents, so Thankfully i never had to go through all that crap..

Like mys15t said, Reason with them.. He said it best and pointed out a decent argument that could/should work..

I also have to agree with mys15t again.. Most of my ethnic friends are the ones with real hardass parents.. :( But they live.

Hope you manage to talk your parents down a bit.. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:50 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
sorry to hear of this dude
I guess your parents have been paying attention to all the shit about P platers these days.... and just because the daily telegraph says all p platers are bad and all cause accidents then it must be true!
perhaps tell your parents that the fact you got your Ps shows that you are at least somewhat intelligent. Tell them that the RTA has no problem with P plate drivers having passengers.
Tell them that if passengers are a distraction to a p plate driver, then the RTA would have banned it... but hey, why stop there? ban stereos, mobile phones, other motorists, pedestrians, birds, the sun, hot chics in tight tops, dogs, rain, etc because they are all potential distractions to someone who is driving. Being a driver it is very important to see these things, and not get distracted by them, and it's slightly hard to do that if you can't go out there and drive...

my 2c

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:50 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: silvia k's ca18det
Sorry to hear dude :( When I got my p's it didn't worry my parents. I didn't live with them so they didn't care :P I moved out from living full-time with my fmaily when I was about 14 or 15. SO mine never cared much about waht I did, as long as it wasn't ilegal :P

Just talk ti over with them :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:33 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
MYS15T wrote:
..This in turn just made me rebel even more and went totally off the scale...

theres your solution, quit winging and fight for your right :lol:

if your 18+, which i assume you are, then you need to start taking control of your life, parents setting rules like that pffft there treating you like a baby
i personally wouldnt accept conditions like that, its almost as bad as those proposed curfew laws