Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: racist cops?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:33 am 
T28

Car: 92 180sx SR20DET
last sunday night was driving home next to a gtr. was driving a lil over the limit but DEFINITELY not racing. all of a sudden, cop sirens sound+lights flashing and realise cops were behind us. i slow down immediately to the side, while gtr still keeps driving ahead of me. cop is trying to pull us both over but gtr is refusing to stop. after a few mins the gtr decides to stop and cop pulls us both over.

cop talks to me with a tone like im stupid or a farkin criminal (u guys know what tone im talking about). says he can book me for speeding, racing, p-plate not viewable (even tho they definitely were). cuts me off before i can say a thing. checks both our licences, and gets me (and onli me) to pop my bonnet while waiting.

long story short he lets the other driver go and talks to him so nicely but goes thru my car and defects me for everything he can find. he is also unable to explain why my exhaust is a defect and why he didnt check the other car for defects. he actually goes all the way to say he "knew" the other car was stock, without checkin under the bonnet.

after being treated like shit and giving defect notices, one cud see why i would be pissed off wen the other driver was simply allowed to go. was feeling burnt up for the rest of the nite, with "defects" which will cost me a shitload to clear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:23 am 
Twin T04

Car: ek
that sucks doesnt it, maybe the gtr paid the pig out.
but i know what your going threw, you dont need that kind of shit.
its a piss off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:30 am 
T51 Hybrid

Car: None of your fucking business
yau said racist cops but didn't say anything about your nationality or the gtr owners nationality

The only thing I can see here from what you have said or not said is that you are a P plater and the GTR wasn't and the guy was being a jerk to you cause your a young HOON (their view)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:11 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
times like this you go find youself someone dodgy to clear your defects for a bit of $, i mean fuk it, they wanna be assholes then fuk them why bother with the rules
what defects did you get ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:19 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
If they are assholes, then its a reflection of their own human character, and would have nothing to do with what is and is not a defect on your car.

yeh, the guy was a dick, and he defected you, you cant be pissed at that though and do dodgy things to clear defects.

But im sure your pissed that the other guy didnt get treated the same as yourself. ie under bonnet inspection and such

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:38 pm 
T66

Car: S14a
looks like open season on 180's at the moment !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:42 pm 
T28

well i cant say for sure the cop was racist but it sure felt like he was discriminating against me. the only reason i say that is because of the way i was treated in comparison to the other guy. i had did more wrong than the other driver, in fact less, but was treated alot worse. im sure you'd look for a reason as well if you were in my pos, and thats how i felt at the time. the other driver didnt seem to be a p-plater but was young as well.

ive heard other stories of cops (being racist?). i know this one turkish guy who was pulled over for changing two lanes in one movement. the cop walked up to his car, took his p-plate and threw it over the fence in front of him and then said he was missing a p-plate. this guy started gettin furious to a point where he started swearing n shit...the cop just wrote more and more fines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:23 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: None of your fucking business
well seem slike the cop was a jerk or had it in for you for a reason.
but the word Racist is not correct there..

Lets say..
If you were a Western Oriented Gentlemen and he said to you...
"why were you speeding you stupid wog?"
then yeh.. that would be racist..

Seems like he was picking on you for the car you drive and that you were a P plater and that you were speeding a little..

so with all the recent crap around with car hoons and p platers and so on, he decided to give you the once over..

not fair, but it happens..
just bad luck..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:44 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Gazelle - CA20E
Dude, your title is aiming on one topic.. racist cops... your story ain't.

I'm not saying that isn't the case but can I ask some things to clear something up?

You said you were speeding - Did you get a speeding ticket?
You said you got defected - What for and were these defectable items?

In regards to how you were treated, sure some people are complete cocks and unfortunatly the police dosen't come with a glass of milk and when you think about their job, can you blame them for giving a P plater some shit. They may have just come from an accident with a teenager that had his head split open after speeding in the wet and losing it becuase his big rims aquaplained into a pole?

Not aiming this at you, I just think if a cop gives me shit, take it, their out there putting their life at risk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:20 pm 
T28

TT wrote:
Seems like he was picking on you for the car you drive and that you were a P plater and that you were speeding a little..

umm...the other driver was driving a r32 GTR and was driving faster than me.

also, ive never directly stated the cops were racist (hence the "?" sign) but that it felt that way. i was defected for my pod filter, 18" wheels, and exhaust. he defected my exhaust without even inspecting it, and refused to tell me why its a defect. if its too loud then yeh, defect me but how does he know..he aint a bloody decibel meter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:29 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
Are you angry because you were caught ?

In your situation, yes i would look for things to vent my frustration, and i would like (demand) equality when the punishment is dealt as well, but when your caught for things, u must take the wrap for it.

You emphasize GTR quite a few times, expecting such a car would be high on the hit list for officers, but they couldnt give a damn about which particular import they pull over.

Speeding, modded car, possible Jap import, P plater, speeding

= done deal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:30 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
yeah,I fail to see where the racist part comes into this as well.

discriminatory,maybe,but certainly not racist,at least on the info we've been supplied so far. now if the guy in the GTR was white,and you're somthing else,maybe you could suggest that race was a factor,but it's highly unlikely.
what ARE likely to have been factors in your harsher treatment in comparison to the other guy are two things:

1. you're a P plater.

young guys in hot cars always have been and always will be pressured by the police. I copped it when I was on my P's all those years ago,and everyone I've spoken to since then did as well. you're just part of the current batch.
it's nothing personal,they just do it to try and keep you in line. let you know you're not above the law,and not indestructible like so many young kids think they are.
they figure if they put the fear of god in you,you'll be less likely to give them hassles later on.

2. your attitude.

how you speak to the police,how you stand,everything along those lines makes a difference to how you are treated by them in a roadside stop.
be polite,be remorseful,and thank them for letting you go.
swallow whatever attitude you have,and act like you've been beaten and you'll have a much easier time of it.
jump out of your car and start waving your arms around yelling about why were you stopped and that you haven't done anything,and you'll be sitting there all night watching them defect you and write you up for fines they otherwise would have let you get away with.
in short,they have ALL the power,so don't tempt them to use it.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:14 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Car: S15
(stands up and applauds)
well said fergo308.

however, i do feel for you. being pulled over and defected..etc isnt something you want to participate in regularly. like justin said, we ALL have been through it. in fact, ive been on my full licence for 15 years now. i have always driven a turbo car or at the very least, a smick looking n/a ride. even at my age, i still get pulled over. the difference is, i play dumb with them, let them think they have total control over you. let them sometimes even talk down to you, agree with them! say yes sir- no sir- 3 fuckin bags full sir and you'll be surprised what you may get away with.
once the cops realise (or think) that you are a puppet, they actually lower their plastic spastic badges and talk to you like a human being.
i too was pulled over just over 3 weeks ago. driving thru Auburn of all places when i was pulled over by an unmarked black VY. two cuntsables jumped out and asked for my licence. all checked out ok on their data base then told me my rego has been suspended probably due to bad debts. (shrugs) i played the (im wrong and you are right) game with them. at the end of the day, no ticket was issued for me not having my licence in my wallet, no ticket was issed for driving whilst rego suspended and to top it off, they had a peek under my bonnet only for curiosity and not to start defecting. what made my day was... they also told me exactly where they were driving in the next 10 minutes which gave me the opportunity to find an alternative route to my destination, even though he didnt tell me NOT to drive, he did point out that its against the law but we will look the other way.. so to speak.
being on your P's is a permit to be on the roads. holding a full licence is a priveledge!! many people lose their provisional licence before they make it to their blacks for the most mundane and pathetic reasons. getting pulled over by the police and harrassed is unfortunately a part of the "P" plate experience. once you make it to your full licence, you'll find yourself posting new posts stating how you run that GTR down the Hume doing 180 and getting away with it. but for now, eat the humble pie and persevere with the ups and downs of being a "P" plater.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:43 pm 
Quad T66

alrite stop bugging him about his racist comment, its like trying to be politically correct in a situation where its not needed, so he wasnt racist, lets put that aside
the cop discriminated against him and thats what matters
they both drove imports (him and the gtr), so that aside, its the p plates

if they are discriminating, they are discriminating, in its own word its the wrong thing to do, an abuse of power if you will

i dont care if someones on there p's, and i certainly dont care if they drive an import, discrimination is discrimination, simple as that we dont need people making excuses for them and trying to make it as if there actions are for "our own good"
thats bullshit and i dont need to hear it to make me feel better

for a cop to assume that every p plater thinks they are indestructable is bullshit too, not everyone on there p's is like that, and then give them a heap of shit (im assuming you didnt give the cop undue attitude) and defect them to 'scare' them into not doing it again, c'mon who are we kidding here, and now he has to worry about getting the money together to pay for his defects and to get them cleared as well

to me, and imo cops are the scum of the earth, there are probably good ones out there, but i have yet to come across one, and until i do im going to stereotype, just the same way they do to us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:53 pm 
Quad T66

Razor wrote:
...Not aiming this at you, I just think if a cop gives me shit, take it, their out there putting their life at risk...

im sure every cop would love to get that reaction, cop rapes you in the ass for bullshit (see l6a6w6s6's post about his loss of licence for an example) then you think to yourself, its alrite there out there to protect, they put there lives on the line to protect and serve the community... and to catch p platers, while the heroin trade downtown is as bad as ever but there balls are a little too shrivelled to go down there and take care of real problems in society, well i tend to differ in opinion here and im sure l6a6w6s6 would too after his little experience
not having a go at you razor, just stating how i see it and my opinion

edit: P plates are there so that other drivers on the road are aware that there is someone on the road who is a little less experienced and to be more cautious around them, its NOT a tool for the cops to target people with, again abuse of power
/rant

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next