Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:52 pm 
Quad T78

Car: Silvia
No real point contesting the punching thing, A magistrate is always going to believe what two officers say over a P plater in a sportscar unfortunatly.

:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:56 pm 
Quad T66

Car: Cefiro coming
Guys, thanks so much for the support. The reaction is the same with everyone, they can't believe I've been done on such minor stuff and say that I should buy a shitter car to drive.

Some more info.

First P plate: 24th may 2003

Driving along minding my business, cop goes past the other way, immediately does a U turn in traffic accross double lanes to tailgate me. Pulls me over soon after, notifies me of P plate missing, $74 fine. Didn't know it carried a 2 point penalty until it happened a second time.

Second P plate and turning thing: 25th June 2003

Cars stopped at lights, me turning left, moved onto shoulder just before the turning lane started. Did so about 30km/hand very cautious of any cars pulling out. He was in the inside lane, tore after me and pulled me over just around the corner, outsides Clare's work.

Had a young fresh off the ranks male with him. As he walked up to the car he slammed his fist on the rear hatch. He then proceeded to talk down to me to show off to his partner. I expl;ained i thought I had done nothing wrong, he said no. He then said my P plate was missing, and I told him it was there before. Front tyres were borderline too so he booked me for that, but can't complain at all there.

Clare walked out of her work after finishing and said hello. They ignored her completely. Made us sit outside the car for about 10mins in the cold while they wrote out the tickets, then left. I tell you what I've never been as upset as I was with much before like I was that night. I couldn't believe how I had been treated.

Paid the tyre fine immediatelky sent the other two off to court.

Turning lane one was stuffed around twice and went to the state debt recovery office. They made errors too and basically I never had a chance to contest it.

P plate one went to court a bit over a month ago (over a year of waiting). The judge was very sympathetic and said the same had happened to him when he was younger. The prosecutor argued that because I had already been fined for one falling off I had a greater responsibility and liability to secureing the plates in future. In the end he just ruled against me because I had tried everything to secure it but one of those special holders Skitz was talking about.

No fine or conviction was recorded but the judge said he couldn't help the 2 points, and asked the prosecutor go outside with me and explain how to appeal a loss of license.

Went to court yesterday for license appeal. Waited about 6 hours for 5 mins with the judge. I prepared a statement saying how vital my car was for me getting to work, as the earliest train arrives 5 minsd after I start, 30 mins walk away.
I also stated the lack of seriousness of the offences, and that I had no say in the P plates falling off, and didn't know i was doing anything wrong with the turning lane. I basically said I had followed all road rules and these things were beyond my control.

He ruled that because I had been suspended before (3 years ago and yes I definately deserved it), that I should have had a wake up call, and because the offences kept building up, the appal was dismissed.

So no one knows about the car punching and how horrible the cops were to me, except everyone here. Being over a year ago I'm sure it's too late to do anything about it and I'm sure it won't achieve anything anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:41 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
isnt there a limit as to how long they can wait before you get a court summons or they set a date for the hearing? like 6 months??

if its only just happened (court) but the offences were over a year ago, i think something is wrong there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:07 pm 
Quad T66

I think there is a 6 month period where afterwards you can't introduce new charges. Court stuff can get dragged on for all eternity it seems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:32 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
damn :(

sorry to hear that mate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:34 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
ill do you a favour and trade cars with ya - Ive never been pulled over, and if ur not going to be driving for 3 months, I can keep your engine warmed :P PLUS anyone can drive an auto silvia Q's hahaa

In all seriousness though mate, I cant believe that load of tripe!

"Im sorry boss, I cant work for you any more because I lost my licence"
"What?? That was stupid son! What did you do?" *expecting street-drifting or the like*
"My P plate fell off"
*boss crashes to floor, anime-style :P *

-Ark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:15 pm 
Quad T66

That seems to be the standard way it goes:

I lost my license for three months

-What were you speeding or something (implying hoon)

No, my P plates fell off, etc

-WTF are you serious? It's only because ofd your car.

Luckily I won't loose my job or my regulat 6:00am shift. One of my bosses is pretty cool and doesn't mind that I might be a tad late sometimes because I can haul ass to get stuff doone before the restaurant opens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:47 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
mokompri wrote:
contest it, got nothing to lose

actually,you do. if he contests it and loses,the fine and suspension period can be INCREASED. the penalty is up to the magistrate he gets on the day. he might end up with twice as much money gone,and a year's suspension.

best bet is to cop it and wait out the three months. it goes fairly quickly....

I lost my P's for a street race I wasn't even having! 4 points gone in one go...I was out for 6mths.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:59 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
i see, didnt know that, thats unfortunate then makes the decision alot harder

6 months for something you didnt do ?! hmm tell me, honestly, did you drive any car during that period at all of 6 months that you were suspended ? out of curiosity, unless you dont want to post something like that up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:06 pm 

yeah,I was following three other mates to a party at the time. the two up front decided to have a drag off of the lights. I took it easy,and stuck to limit.
we had two cop cars pull all four cars over,and I got done for the speed the front two were doing: 90 in a 60 zone. 30 over,4pts,P's gone instantly.
the others were all on their blacks,so they were fine.

I had the most powerful car there,and was a km behind them when we were stopped. it was kind of obvious we weren't racing,but they wouldn't hear of it.

I sat it out,and didn't drive during the suspension. fortunately I had someone who could drive me to work at the time,so it only really affected me on the weekends,though my mates drove me around a little as they felt slightly guilty about it... *G*

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:30 pm 
Quad T66

Mate that is really harsh. Surely you could have that thrown out in court. No way I would let it go, I just have too much caring about injustice, henc my outburst here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:38 pm 

Yeah,maybe I should have,especially as it was the first fine I'd received,but the defence would have been interesting.
"I was in the fastest car,if we were racing,would I have been at the back?"
I'm sure a magistrate would love hearing that one.

anyway,that's a long time in the past,I'm well over it now. now all I really worry about is speed cameras. patrol cars I can deal with.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:57 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
yeah the unjustice of that would anger me to no end
i mean 6 months for something you didnt do.... thats just over the top

alot of people are so apathetic about these issues though, and they just accept it all, and im not just talking about speeding fines, im talking in general about the way certain officers behave and treat people
ive been harassed by cops off the road countless times but never have they gotten me for anything, they just take my details and tell me to leave where ever it is i am even though i have done nothing wrong, on the road is the only place they have the chance to cause real damage

and its the apathetic attitude, especially of the older generation who have more of a say on how things are run that in a way lets them get away with this.. although im rambling now and getting way off topic, so i'll let it go and save my breath