Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:18 am 
T25

Car: 1990 Nissan Silvia ca18det
I originally had taken my car apart- ca18det manual - and disassembled the air box/ MAF sensor (unplugged it), charge pipes, drained the coolant, battery and fuse box (unplugged and ungrounded)-

Then I put everything back together and when I tried starting it for the first time- I didn't realize that I had one of the ignition coil connectors disconnected- It was obvious, so I then went
and connected it- and started it for the second time and it was idling better-

The car feels very sluggish- idling below 1000 rpms- when you rev it to 2500 rpms in gear and let off the throttle- it almost drops completely
and wants to stall- the lights dim and also the power windows dont work anymore?.

Could it be a blown fuse? MAF sensor? I dont see how that sensor could go bad by just unplugging it?

It seems similar to when a similar thing happened to my fathers lexus- the MAF sensor was bad and had the same type of reactions. However the difference is before I had taken the car apart it was
running perfectly except for a exhaust leak or running rich.

One concern is when I ungrounded the fuse box and unplugged it- I didnt remember correctly how the grounds went back together- one for the negative battery terminal and one for the fuse box wiring-
But I grounded them to bolts- so I don't think that should be the problem.

Any Ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:32 am 
T25

Car: Nissan Silvia s13
Double check everything you did. Check you have a good ground on everything (sounds like bad grounding).

Did you attempt the clean the maf at all? These are pretty delicate and cleaning it with anything other than contact cleaner leaves residue on sensor or can damage it.