Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:51 am 
T03

Car: 1992 Nissan 180sx ::SiL80::
heyas!!

please do not reply if you heard something of your brothers mates gf's x father inlaws cousins goldfish's father,

please comment if you have owned either and or worked on / replaced on a car that you have touched urself!!!

you got 2 choices what will it be and why

or you own either and are able to rate it

1# Cooling Pro
2# ASI

ok shoot -->

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:39 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
LMAO! Don't tell me that you actually think there is a quality difference between brands of chinese-made ebay radiators?
If you do,why'd you exclude such prestige brands as N-Power,Forged racing,Mishimoto racing,or Direct Tuning parts?

I'd put $50 on them ALL being made in the exact same factory in mainland china by semi-skilled slave labour.

I've had a cooling 'pro' radiator before,in my stagea after the std one broke a top tank. The welding is average,the cap supplied with it didn't seal,and the bottom pins didn't line up with the radiator support,so I had to make custom rubbers.

Cheap shit is cheap for a reason: It's hit and miss. My chinese radiator (once it was actually in) held pressure and didn't leak like some have in other people's experience,so I guess I got a good one.

If you are willing to take a chance,and be prepared to do the job more than once,and possibly either write it off as a loss if it's bought from ebay,or have to try and get warranty from just jap if you buy one from there,then go for it.

If you want good product,and don't want to have to touch it again,buy a Koyo.
Yeah,they're a LOT more expensive,yeah,they aren't sold all over ebay with door to door service,but no,they won't fail.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:38 pm 
T03

Car: 1992 Nissan 180sx ::SiL80::
yer i used a koyo tank in my s14 done the job perfect, since then the budget is alot more tighter and i need something asap since i got a cracked top tank on the stock unit,

iv looked at 2 cooling pro units in mates cars and they look shonky as shit super messy weld blobs you name it, i tryed to read up a bit on both ASI seem to have a good rep on the mx5 forums some members even comment on upgrading from a cooling pro unit to an asi unit since there better, ( and $120ish cheaper?

and lol you can bet a bit more then $50 in shanghai there are over 450 factorys that could manufacture a radiator on anyday of the week doesnt if you got one from each they would be the same regardless i use to import 49cc pocket bikes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:15 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: S15
I got mine from PWR in Queensland and it cost me $800 so I guess that's not going to help your situation. Even then the locator pins at the bottom were in the wrong place, I got an adapter plate made by a mate that sorted it out and they refunded me the cost of having it made. Even in Aus people can screw up but it's a bloody good unit I must say.