Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: S14a Wheel Fitment
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:08 pm 
T03

Car: 1998 200sx S14a
Hey All,

after doing some research and reading around forums, even had a look at rimtuck.com to see how wheels would sit on a s14a.
im really looking into 17x9 +25 all round with 235/45 (or rear with 245/45)

at the moment on my car i have 17x7 all round + 20 (15mm spacers) and i want to get rid of the spacers and run good offsets hence why i decided with the +25.
i've seen 17x9.5 + 12 all round (same rims that i decided to go with for the +25) and wanted to know if that will achieve anything extra? i can imagine it sticking out the guards as +18 seems to just flush, possibly even having to give more negative camber on the rear?
back a few years i've seen guys run 19 deep dish rims with spacers running like -3.3 camber on the rear and low profiles, the front would scrape the plastic mud/rain guards past half turn. thats just crazy and not practical. also been told to go 9 +5 front and 10 +18 rear!! :o
where do people get these specs from...

need some enlightenment 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:46 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I ran 17x9" +20 on my last S14 and they were as agressive as I'd recommend under stock guards.

If you want to run habib alignment specs on the street you can go wider,but it's not going to be of any handling benefit as the more neg camber you put on the rear,the worse the rear traction.

The size above fit under std front guards,and lipped and rolled rears with 1.75deg. neg front camber, 2mm total toe out,and 1.25deg neg rear camber 1.5mm total toe in.

Bear in mind tyre size when choosing wheels also. 235/45/R17's stretch okay onto a 9" rim,but I wouldn't try them on a 9.5" or bigger. The next step up that maintains the rolling diameter is a 255/40/R17 and they cost a lot more than the 235's,and are less commonly held in stock by tyre shops,meaning a wait time for fitment.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:14 pm 
T03

hey fergo!

yeah +20 i think is pretty agressive and nice, though i was running spacers so it wasnt actually a +20 offset rim, but it fit fine no hassles and would no problems driving daily in small streets, traffic and highways also running decent camber not sunken and all that hektik specs.

i had a feeling a +12 on a 9.5 or more would not be just that simple there are more things to consider besides it sitting just aggressive, not practical at all with daily driving on the road, definitely dont want to touch the guards. and they suggest to run 10 +18 and 9 +5!

think i'll stick with the 17x9 +25 all round with 235/45 all round.

Thanks guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:18 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
You can fit practically anything under 14s

Got 19x10+6 under the front no worries, almost got 19x11-8 under the back(bit more guard pump would have seen it). They're stupid sizes but what i'm saying is whatever you're thinking about wont be a problem.

9.5+12 is just the standard fitment these days, dont go any softer than that or you'll regret it.

9+5 and 10+18 wont be a problem at all.

This is the wrong forum for advice on fitment buddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:41 pm 
T03

Hey Magnet,

no problem, i was seeking more on the information and discussion side of things from different parties as silviansw has always been the place where i get the most professional suggestions/information, maybe i didnt word my sentences properly, but thats fine what you said, im always open for feedback as long as its robust it doesnt bother me, looking down the track this information helps clueless people like myself and possibly any newbies who will bring this type of discussion up in the future. im quite happy with what i have on the car now and if i ever do think of changing it to a more 'aggressive' offset then i will take what into consideration what you said when i decide later down the track.
im not being a milkshake about it just so you know :D