Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: why is it miss fireing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:10 am 
T25

Car: 180sx
hi ppl i need help about 1month ago i had a miss fireing problem car sounded like wrx so i change my coil packs to split fire ones started her up an was fixed but went to start it up again an sounds like a wrx again an just wonts to stall im thinking it might be the ecu an also its way out of tune so if any one can suggest anything or shed some light on this id be greatful . sorry abit more info . the car is a 180sx with a s15 sr20det adm s15 ecu with ems hooked up. an now it wont idle propley an it vigourusly shakes the car at idle then just stalls

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:19 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
did you change the plugs also? they might need changing.

also check the loom for the coilpacks. there might be something loose or a plug might be broken. there is another plug down the back of the motor so you can remove the whole harness. check that

check the TPS and make sure its not playing up. just unplug it and see if the car idles correctly.

Check the AFM and change it if possible

Check for air leaks in the system, it might be as simple as a pipe has slipped off or close to slipping off

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:10 am 
T25

ok just went over car all vaccum hoses are finestarted the car with out tps connected still same problem cant get it to idle just stalls everytime also the coil packs an spark plugs are only 1 month old i check the coil pack loom an is all ok. all it wonts to do by the sounds of it is to back fire an stall got me baffeled just 4 days ago was running fine then all of a sudden this is happening??????help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:21 am 
T51

have you checked you AFM give it a clean or replace with a mates to test..

also check the wiring leading to the AFM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:10 pm 
T25

yeah sorry forgot to mention its d-jetro so no afm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:21 pm 
T25

ok bit of a update just pulled spark plugs out an was abit wet with fuel checked top of pistons but they didnt look wet bit of carbon build up but thats about it also finaly got it to idiol was rough though an seems to be running on say 2 or 3 cylinders as pedal response is real dogdey an normaly its really good ..was just wondering could it be a stuck injector .. as i had this same problem a month ago an brought the split fire an problem solved or could 1 of split fires be faulty.....also can i remove my ems with out doing any tunning .will the ecu go back to normal fuel air ratio cause it is running rich ....any help as this is depreseing :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:29 pm 
T78

Car: xxxxx
is it smokey? if so it could be a stuck injector or a failed injector seal. remove each plug for the injector one by one to see which makes no difference. Then you can remove that injector and inspect the o rings, Ive had this happen before and it was a munted lower (smaller) o ring (always replace the o-rings when doing injectors and lube them up to reduce the risk of o-ring damage)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:23 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 94' 180sx
I know exactly what you mean by 'sounds like a WRX'. I had this same problem with my 180. After a heap of troubleshooting it end up being my computer was dying. At that time I was running the stock computer but was about to install my power fc. This fixed the problem for me and was confirmed with my tuner. You could also look at your ignitor module possibly as another option.

When it died I was driving along slowly then just dropped a cylinder. It was still injecting fuel as normal so req'd an oil change cause of fuel in the oil.