Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:18 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: N14 Pulsar Q SR20DET
ive released an update to the pocket pc edition which fixes the logging frequency (now its as often as pda can handle, ie as many log packets as sensor updates on screen, depends on speed of ur pda), and also creates seperate file each time for logging)

http://www.ecutalk.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:36 am 
T51 Hybrid

ECUTalk v1.2 - http://www.ecutalk.com/

Combined Standard and Pocket PC versions into the single unified executable (single .exe also), based off the last Pocket PC release.

Added auto connect back in - it will connect on the given com port, select the sensors, and view gauges fullscreen on startup (after its set up).

Added in injector duty cycle % sensors, and added MPH and degrees F sensors (for speed/temp).

Left: Running on PC/Laptop
Right: Running on Pocket PC

More screenshots: http://www.ecutalk.com/screenshots.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:57 pm 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
That is brilliant... I wish I could turn out programs of that quality :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:27 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
can you make one for a honda? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:37 pm 
T51 Hybrid

if it runs a nissan ecu :)

in future i might make OBD2 stuff, but i assume theres already heaps of software out there for that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:38 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
yeah but i like your software better lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:01 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: S15
hi mate

let me just catch on so we basically can have the guages display onto a laptop ?
cool i have a S15 2002 would it work on my car if so how can i get started as im no genius

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:06 am 
T51 Hybrid

thats right

u need:

1) laptop (preferably with serial port)
2) consult interface (serial one unless you dont have a serial port on laptop) - this converts to rs232 voltage levels so pc/software can communicate with it. as an example, see http://www.ecutalk.com/diyconsult/
3) software

i might get a batch of consult interfaces made if i have time in coming months. the consult lcd display im making has an integrated consult interface (see site)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:08 am 
T28 Hybrid

so it would work on my car so those are the things i need ?
just had a look of the eg doesnt look that easy but damn thats awesome what your doing good job mate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:14 am 
T51 Hybrid

thats just to show u what it is - u dont have to make it urself (i dont have any more diy kits left anyway).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:22 am 
T28 Hybrid

thanx for the help once again thats is awesome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:27 am 
T51 Hybrid

ECUTalk v1.3 Released - http://www.ecutalk.com

• Added ability to log sensors without showing them on gauges (when logging is enabled, checkboxes have a greyed out checkstate, indicated logging only)
  • Logging changed so it logs all packets (only gauges will drop packets/not update when cpu is falling behind, but all packets will be logged)
  • Colour setup for gauges added. Hard bit for you is coming up with a colour theme that looks ok!
  • Added Instant Fuel Economy Sensor - requires RPM, Injector and Speed kph selected to work
  • Changed DutyCycle/RH Sensors to calculate values from RPM and Injector/RH sensors (therefore requires them to be logged at least to work)
  • Fixed Timestamps when milliseconds are less than 100 (3 digits). Previously they would not have leading zeroes
  • Simplified gauges such that they will only display values within their range (however, logging will show the calculated value) and will no longer auto change their range to suit the values (as occasionally a weird value may be read which causes a unco gauge to be drawn).
  • Added an option to allow the full-screen mode to only use the "working area" of the screen. Eg, it wont cover taskbar in a normal windows desktop, and for carpc users with special frontends, it may mean gauges display properly if running ECUTalk from within your frontend.
  • Improved the saving of settings to .ini file. Note that the order of items in this .ini file matters - their names (what is shown before the ":") does not. Eg autoconnect, logging, selected sensors, working area option, injector size, gauge colours, etc are all stored in here.
  • Removed EGT sensor (it's useless, only ever reads 4.98v)

See screenshots below to better understand difference between selecting sensors for gauges (batt, duty, econ, temp) which you check once, and for logging (rpm, injector, speed) which are checked a second time to make them grey. Also shown is how you can set the colour of the gauges yourself.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:26 pm 
T51 Hybrid

ECUTalk v1.3.2 Released - http://www.ecutalk.com

This version fixes a few bugs and has some pretty big performance improvements.
Users of v1.3 and v1.3.1 should update to this version.
v.1.3.1 added a MPG sensor for Imperial users (and an option to switch between Imperial/Metric sensors).
  • Fixed issue in v1.3 and v1.3.1 which meant data packets weren't being dropped when CPU couldn't keep up
  • Increased performance of gauge drawing by ~250% (on my PPC, time to draw a gauge went from ~30ms down to around ~12ms).
  • Changed code to always draw gauges (even if data hasnt changed) in order to result in consistent amount of packets being logged per second.
  • Added option to specify minimum gauge update speed - higher value means more packets are logged due to less gauge updates (and hence more time for logging). Eg on my 568 Jornada PocketPC 2002, 10ms = ~5 packets logged/second, whereas 1000ms = close to full 50 packets). The setting ignored when not logging (it will just update as quickly as possible).
  • Improved consult streaming to allow more data to be read in and processed (rather than lost). Probably the best program for data logging due to the sheer amount of data able to be read in. On my desktop PC, setting minimum gauge refresh to 0ms (ie never skip a gauge redraw, hence uses most CPU), can log 35 packets/second of all sensors. Setting minimum refresh to just 50ms gives the full 50 packets/second. I compared this to Nissan Datascan, which can only log 16 packets/second on the same PC (and thats without gauges shown at all) with the same sensors.
  • Changed options controls to dropdowns rather than textboxes (i didnt realise id disabled the use of the soft input panel on PPC, so you couldnt change settings). If you want to enter a value other than shown, edit the .ini file.
  • Fixed logging time output, both to add in the missing leading zeros (eg it would show 7:5:7 for 7:05:07), and also added in a interpolated millisecond value for PPC users (which doesnt have a millisecond capability in standard time object).
  • Minor changes to individual sensors to better display on gauges, and slight changes to change config (units shown next to sensor rather than down bottom as often the units would overlap gauge).
  • Added a hidden option for CarPC users with frontends (eg Centrafuse) to manually edit .ini file to set custom top/bottom/left/right co-ordinates for full-screen mode. Example: FullScreenBounds_L|T|R|B:10|20|1000|900. Setting all to 0 will use default method.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:22 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Nice work dude! I'll have to dig up my PocketPC and try to get it to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:55 am 
T51 Hybrid

ECUTalk v1.3.3 Beta 4 (2007-08-21 23:10:34)

I've uploaded the 4th and most likely final beta build of ECUTalk v1.3.3, beta4. I'm fairly sure all the functionality introduced in these betas now works as intended, though I haven't had much if any feedback from Imperial sensor (Mi/Gal/MPG etc) users. If there are no problems with this build, it will become final v1.3.3.

Things added in beta1/beta2/beta3:
#1 Automatically attempt reconnection to ECU after connection lost
#5 Other Trip Meter Sensors (Fuel Used, Trip Fuel Economy, Trip Distance)
#14 Add offset option timing so US users can get correct timing readings
#22 imperial (etc) option in the options is cutoff with japanese font
#24 Derived sensors should select dependent sensors automatically
#25 Options might not be saved if you dont select another tab before closing
#26 Priority option for ECUTalk (eg so mp3 etc play fine)

New features/fixed bugs in beta4 below:
#10 Put font size/scaling for gauges in options
#31 When value exceeds gauge maximum, the actual value should be on digital readout
#32 When you read fault codes without having connected to ecu, ecutalk exits
#33 Gauge colour preview doesnt update till you restart ECUTalk
#35 Save long term trip sensor statistics
#36 Clear trip statistics from sensors
#37 Option dropdown lists are editable on laptop/PC (shouldn't be)
#38 check for port open when reconnecting when gauges showing
#39 Put option in for data flush wait time
#41 If using L|T|R|B settings in the ini file, the gauges arent displayed properly if L is far from 0.

Additional notes:
1) For Flush Wait option, 100ms is default, lower values will give quicker startup times, but higher values might help with some connection problems, eg sensors not showing up, ECU part number not being read, gauges not moving when showing gauges, etc. Eg I can use 20ms on my desktop and 50ms on my 568 Jornada.
2) For Font Base Size and Increment, this allows you to specify a font size, and then the amount of pixels which the font size will be incremeneted depending on gauge size. Eg 6pt + 50px increment on a 200px wide gauge = 10pt font.
3) Also a minor fix to heading names in logs so distance/fuel used have units (KM/Mi,L/Gal)

Spent a lot of work on this one, got a lot of the niggling issues out of the way, the new trip meter sensors along with saving/reset ability should prove quite useful for those with pocket pc/car pc setup :) Any issues with it let me know.

Peter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next