Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 9:19 am 
Quad T66

Car: Cefiro coming
Just a quick post to warn of Young and Cool. Had comprehensive with themn for a year and their service was bad enough to make me go to 3rd party property with Just Cars.

1. They were the cheapest quote but still expensive.

2. They would not have covered my car for theft as my immobiliser was dealer fitted and i didn't have a very descriptive reciept. BEWARE: If you are insured with a compoany on the basis of having an alarm, etc, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PROOF, otherwise they will void your claim.

3. The main reason. I was in an accident where an old fool reversed straight into me without looking when I was stopped in a carpark. $400 worth of damage thatnks to him.
Young and Cool did as little as they could to help me retrieve that money and consequently he got away. Other insurers like NRMA require you give them only the registration number and something else and they will chase them up and get your money, all part of the service.

Young and Cool dodged me by trying to get me to claim, which I couldn't do because my excess was $2000. Bastards were always rude and abrupt on the phone whenever I rang.

4. After paying $3000 in premium, and $2000 in excess, the value of comprehensive insurance doesn't seem so good.

BEWARE OF YOUNG AND COOL, they will provide the bare minimum of service they can, as bounded by the contract.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 7:40 pm 
Hi

Just Cars is just as bad.

If you ever have an accident and your car is drivable, they will try to assess your car at their headquaters or your home. Just leave it at the workshop, and tell them to take it next door for assessment.

This is because they must access the car on "neutral ground", and next door is neutral ground. Don't let any insurance company bulshit you around. Their bad as each other and not on your side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 3:18 am 
T51

Car: 180sx
Jeremy18c wrote:
Hi

If you ever have an accident and your car is drivable, they will try to assess your car at their headquaters or your home. Just leave it at the workshop, and tell them to take it next door for assessment.

This is because they must access the car on "neutral ground", and next door is neutral ground. Don't let any insurance company bulshit you around. Their bad as each other and not on your side.

i dont understand this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:13 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: 2001 Spec R S15
Just car insurance was great when I had my accident. As good as NRMA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:47 pm 
T88

Car: 1996 BMW 318is
I'm probably going to try out Famous Car Insurance as they seem to be cheap, and I've heard way too many bad things about problems with Yound and Cool and Just Car etc.

you will always have problems will insurance companies at some stage it seems, from the number of complaints on this forum! =)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:02 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: SW20 MR2
Just get third party! who cares if you pole your car! at least you dont have pay $2000 - $4000 per year for comprehensive. If your a good driver, in 2 yrs time you can buy another silvia! Imagine if you didnt claim for 3 yrs! Thats $12000 bucks richer for the insurers!

Sometimes claiming is a bitch if damages are less than the excess. Most of the time its cheaper if you can goto a wrecker and find the parts and fit it on urself for a few bobs.

I hate all insurers... they think of every reason not to pay you out.

Also.. if you have comprehensive and deciding to do an insurance job on your car.. pls do not place any ads in any papers! They are not dumb!

Thats my 2 cents...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:44 am 
Twin T04

Car: ek
thats how they make their money