Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: pioneer whining noise
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:30 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180sx
this is for anyone who had problems with their audio system with pioneer head unit! and had whining problem as they start up the car and accelerated.

i spent months on this and bought ground loop crap and stuff. but now have solve it with help from endless forum reading lol. so anyone else who has encountered this problem can use this method if they blew their rca ground micro fuse. By not turning off the head unit before pulling out the rcas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:39 am 
T88 Hybrid

Car: ..

Last edited by YK51RF on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:53 pm 
Banned

Car: s15
i had the same problem, its got 2 do with the rac cables, and power cables.... i ran them 2gether along the side of the car and got the noise once i seperated them its was perfect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:08 pm 
TO4

Car: none
Hey I should try this on my car. My Alpine headunit made the whirring sound when I first fitted my amp and splits up front. Although I killed most of the whirring sound by setting the gains on my amp correctly, although I can still hear a quiet whirring when I boot it past 4500rpm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:26 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
What is that looping of speaker wire around the chassis going to achieve,other than adding weight and giving you something to do for 5min?

if you have noise in the system,you have earth problems. try a different location for the headunit and amp earth wires,and separate the power AND earth cables as much as possible from your RCA cables.

using quality connectors and cable makes a difference also.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:21 am 
T28 Hybrid

speaking wire loopin? so you can ground the rca to the chassis of the head unit?

weight??? lol... ok...

of course most install with whinning is by bad grounding.

but as i said. this is only a fix if you have blown ur rca grounding in ur pioneer head unit. for there is a fuse to ground it inside the head unit and near impossible to replace. only know one American place that does it for 70 bucks US and you have to ship it there and back. and even if you had the perfect grounding and ran wire you still have noise.
THIS is a head unit problem not a grounding problem. unless you gonna rip your rca apart and actually ground it yourself!

Try different location for head unit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:02 am 

Buy a better head unit in the first place?

I've never seen a fuse on an earth before either. as for the extra weight comment,that was hinting at how ludicrous the whole thing is...
Care to post a link for where you got the idea for this? since you're so adamant that it works..

I'm glad you've found a fix for your obscure problem. I doubt anyone else will suffer from it,but if they do,at least they can try your solution before they go and buy another deck.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:10 pm 
T28 Hybrid

pioneer is sufficient enough for a head unit. and i do have the 5750mp. which is regarded a good middle range unit. and yes i bought it brand new when it was 500 bucks. first install no problem, 2nd install encountered the problem. found solution when i installed it in my ride now.

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/408954/page/1/fpart/2http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/408954/page/1/fpart/2

here is a link to the actual problem

the solution to the problem with i cant find the link again. but there is a description there

i spent alot of time on this problem. testing diff units. ensuring my grounds were perfect. even ran ground from head unit direct to battery and so forth. try different amps.. the works.. so i put this up hoping it can help someone else coz i accidentally came over the solution after many forum searches. so i thought it be nice as my first contribution to this site to give abit info then just go asking noob shit like where my turbo... is it ok if i run without a bov. coz i want flutterz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:30 pm 

fair enough,and good on you for trying to contribute something more than most new members do.

I've just had a read through the link you've posted,and after that,I reckon it's sealed my previous opinion of pioneer decks. I'll never be buying one.

if I was in your position I'd be cracking the unit open and looking for the fuse to replace or bridge out rather than wiring up my RCA cables. fix the problem at the source rather than band-aiding it.

Justin...