Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stereos - Aerial
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:17 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Dose any one know if the aerial wire for the HU is + or - switching can not remember the colour but its on the car side of the wireing loom as I want to over ride it with a switch cause im sick of the aerial being up when im listening to a cd not the radio.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:18 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
it wouldn't make any difference which polarity it was really would it? you're going to interrupt it by putting a switch in series between the output wire and the aerial's input anyway right?

you just need to interrupt the switching circuit's continuity,it doesn't matter how it works really.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:23 pm 
Quad T78

I did interrupt it it just makes the aerial go up, Any way I'm back at work on moday so ill get my meter and work it out in no time. Thanks any way frego308.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:48 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
youve got a shit headunit if the aerial goes up when on CD - my alpine(s) in both my sil and 180 would only go up when on radio.

So your problem is either;
- you dont know how to follow the wiring diagram and put antenna rem into the right hole when putting in a headunit, OR
- you chose a shit headunit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:36 pm 
Twin T51

Car: S13 K
it actually sounds like he is using the rem for the amp, which gives the signal when the HU is on, unlike the areal which only gives a singal when the radio is selected.

just check the wiring, its confusing cause one is blue, the other is blue white stripe I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:48 pm 
Quad T78

Arkhaeon wrote:
youve got a shit headunit if the aerial goes up when on CD - my alpine(s) in both my sil and 180 would only go up when on radio.

So your problem is either;
- you dont know how to follow the wiring diagram and put antenna rem into the right hole when putting in a headunit, OR
- you chose a shit headunit

Yes ive got a shit head unit cause I was sick of haveing the hole in the dash. And yes I know how to read wireing diagrams, I just want to know if its + or - switching so I can override it im not at work and dont have my multiemeter at home just wanted to sort it out befor the crusie on saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:21 am 
Banned

goodo, at least youve admitted its shit :P

I thought the headunit gave a positive signal to make the biatch move. But meh, i just got decent headunits and avoided the problem :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:11 pm 
T88

Car: Bike: Kwa ZX2-R, Ma R6, Daytona 675
Like Fergo said, it doesn't matter. If you put a switch in the middle it'll stop it from coming up. Once the switch is on then it'll come up. It goes down automatically when there's no power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:51 pm 
Quad T78

Arkhaeon wrote:
goodo, at least youve admitted its shit
I thought the headunit gave a positive signal to make the biatch move. But meh, i just got decent headunits and avoided the problem

Yeah ive got a bottem of the line SONY im not really one of those people into stereos but a little music is nice.

ThuanSUX wrote:
Like Fergo said, it doesn't matter. If you put a switch in the middle it'll stop it from coming up. Once the switch is on then it'll come up. It goes down automatically when there's no power.

That not the problem I want it to stay dowen when the radio is off but the cd player is on and cause its a shit house when ever the head unit is on it the arial is up and just wanted to over ride it when im listen to a CD but to do that I need to put a + or - to it but not haveing a muiltiemeter I cant work I out and was just seeing if any one knew. But its all good I will work it out on monday. :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:13 am 
Banned

you put in a breaker switch onto the antenna remote wire - if you detach the wire completely (switch onto open) then the aerial will go down and stay down no matter what.

Put the switch onto close and the aerial will either stay down if the headunit is off, or go up if its on (ie. will work as it does now).

Make sense?

__./ .__ = never goes up

__.__.__ = works as-is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:51 am 
Quad T78

Nah it dosent maybe I have a biger problem. I know what I'm doing monday nite. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:45 pm 
T88

Car: Bike: Kwa ZX2-R, Ma R6, Daytona 675
If it doesn't work when you break the switch then you've tapped into the wrong wire. Otherwise you're wiring the switch wrong. By the way, all Nissan imports (may apply to other Nissans but I'm not sure) aerials comes up by itself even if you only have the cd (and not radio) on. It's only when you have a pretty good or new system that deactivates the circuit and the aerial stays down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:58 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
With my Ariel, it would come on as soon as power was given to the accessories, there was no remote as such, it was wired to come on when it thought the radio/Cd player would be coming on.

I pulled the fuse for mine, but it's set up to go up with it sees power, and drop when it looses power (regardless of radio installation).

I just put a switch in to intercept the power signal, but after using it manual for a while, I just ripped the fuse out and left the arial up (not to mention it would only drop 75% and I would have to get out and push it down a further 25% if I wanted it completely down....)..

B.