Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:24 pm 
T03

Car: 180SX Type X & S15 Spec Aero
lef7y wrote:
yavuz said to me on the night, that it could make more, just that the injectors ran out. 259rwkw at 6200rpm and injectors on 96%, was starting to lean out so he stopped the run.

i reckon that the turbo still has more to give.

Always remember that when the engine is still cold (less than 80 degrees) that the injectors will have higher "duty cycle" as the mixture is richer. i.e. water temp correction settings

Keep off the pedal until it warms up or they WILL MAX under high load if that much power was produced at normal temperature.

If it was starting to lean out then the power at that point was made from the lean situation (below acceptable AFR ratios) as per his comments. It's simple. You should go to 740cc Nismos mate honestly. Fact - Power is made from taking fuel out not putting fuel in.

Don't be some hero and blow up your engine.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:25 pm 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
Pity the Tial housing has a round flange on it, you could have put it on and left your modified manifold on there.

Any chance you can upload you dyno sheet I would like another look at it.

Fusion:
and who said it couldnt be done. pretty happy with the results. should get more when my new parts go in

-toda cams 265/10.5 in/ex
-z32
-740cc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:48 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
sr's and rb's actually respond better to additional timing than lean mixtures from what i've seen.

I know yavuz tunes at around 12:1's on my engine as I don't gain anything by going leaner and it is a track car so economy isn't what i'm looking for. I want safe, reliable power with as much mid range torque as i can get. Timing is where it's at. I'm slow mid corner so i need the drive to get out of them quick :)

As far as the turbo having more to give, i agree. You have the same wheels as a hks 2835proS but you have better boost control than the IW housing can give. If you had a dodgy T2 internal gated housing i'd say you were dreaming, but i know for a fact that 270-280 rwkw is possible with that combination of wheels in a decent housing.

If the engine is cold the ecu will be dumping more fuel in. It won't be lean unless the injectors are out of flow or the tune is off. In your case i'd suggest the tune needs work, particularly as you are well past the point that the stock afm can do it's job. I'd also suggest 740's when you upgrade the afm :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:49 pm 
T03

182Go wrote:
Pity the Tial housing has a round flange on it, you could have put it on and left your modified manifold on there.

Fusion:
and who said it couldnt be done. pretty happy with the results. should get more when my new parts go in

-z32
-740cc

1.10.03 at Wakefield on stock brakes (best) in a Type X 180sx and standard factory trim. (stock S13 single piston brakes) The wing is easily 10kgs...hehe

I am honestly an optimistic as you can see - just giving advice mate. I have owned 3 imports including CA 180sx (145rwkw) plus GTiR currently + ADM 2 x N15 SSS.

Happy with the results also, just my 2 cents as per post mate. Never had a Nissan motor fail on me yet. Gearboxes are shithouse and only wear but after many laps smooth them out especially 4th. haha

Come to Wakefield if you think you can go quicker with a factory s13 car.

So I am at maybe 95 posts since 2003. wow. 8)

But if you want to run in a different car I can go and buy one the same OK.

Cheers,
James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:25 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
This is a dyno e-wang thread, not a wakefield thread. Those are located elsewhere

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:05 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
i have both :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:22 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Also i fail to see what caused Fusion's rant. Somebody enlighten me

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:40 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
something to do with the 'those who said it couldn't be done' part I think.

it didn't make a lot of sense to me either. I don't see what a lap time has to do with a discussion on power. the topic isn't how fast the car is,it's how powerful.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:50 pm 
T66

Car: 180sx
i think he thought that 182Go said
Quote:

-z32
-740cc

where in fact 182Go was just repeating what lef7y said few posts earlier in the previous page.

unless i've missed something ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:03 am 
T28

Fusion wrote:
182Go wrote:

Fusion:

-z32
-740cc

1.10.03 at Wakefield on stock brakes (best) in a Type X 180sx and standard factory trim. (stock S13 single piston brakes) The wing is easily 10kgs...hehe

I am honestly an optimistic as you can see - just giving advice mate. I have owned 3 imports including CA 180sx (145rwkw) plus GTiR currently + ADM 2 x N15 SSS.

Happy with the results also, just my 2 cents as per post mate. Never had a Nissan motor fail on me yet. Gearboxes are shithouse and only wear but after many laps smooth them out especially 4th. haha

Come to Wakefield if you think you can go quicker with a factory s13 car.

So I am at maybe 95 posts since 2003. wow. 8)

But if you want to run in a different car I can go and buy one the same OK.

Cheers,
James

Tempted to call bullshit....

1:10 on CA brakes!?! What happened on lap 2? Did you slow down with a tyre wall?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:14 am 
T03

Guys,

Yeah, was originally just asking the guy to be careful with Nismo 555's at that power level when < 80 degrees.

Jeez, you gotta be careful on this forum with any advice offered. :lol:

Anabolic - I NOW own a 8/96 180sx mate - S13 SR brakes. My old car was a 1990 CA 180sx with S13 CA brakes. There is a difference in size/thickness. The old car never went on a track. PM me and i'll show you my Aim laptimer. 2 laps apart will show .03 and then around 0.3 difference after doing 9-12 laps constantly. I'll even take you for a ride and do a 1.10 if that helps clarify - done it with a 80kg passenger 2 thursday ago.

Back on topic about 240-250rwkw. No more comments from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:54 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: T-Way
badhairdave wrote:
sr's and rb's actually respond better to additional timing than lean mixtures from what i've seen.

I know yavuz tunes at around 12:1's on my engine as I don't gain anything by going leaner and it is a track car so economy isn't what i'm looking for. I want safe, reliable power with as much mid range torque as i can get. Timing is where it's at. I'm slow mid corner so i need the drive to get out of them quick :)

As far as the turbo having more to give, i agree. You have the same wheels as a hks 2835proS but you have better boost control than the IW housing can give. If you had a dodgy T2 internal gated housing i'd say you were dreaming, but i know for a fact that 270-280 rwkw is possible with that combination of wheels in a decent housing.

If the engine is cold the ecu will be dumping more fuel in. It won't be lean unless the injectors are out of flow or the tune is off. In your case i'd suggest the tune needs work, particularly as you are well past the point that the stock afm can do it's job. I'd also suggest 740's when you upgrade the afm :wink:

i do have the shit IW t2 rear housing, which is why it was welded shut and an external gate welded on the manifold.

if what you say about the car running rich when its cold is true, then the car is always running cold. due to nismo 62 thermostat, 40-50%coolant and twin thermo fans. after the 3 runs on the dyno the peak water reading on pfc hc was 76.
good or bad¿

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:36 am 
Overlord
Overlord

Why would you run a 62deg thermostat? The only reason i can see for one of them is if you live in the desert, or you are trying to mask an existing problem

Your goal should be to get your engine up to temp (75-80deg) asap

I don't doubt 10's can be done on a near stock car at WF now. I've done it. The track has been resurfaced and is alot quicker

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:10 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: T-Way
like nearly all parts on my car the thermostat was an impulse buy....

cant help myself....

god dam e-commerce.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:43 pm 
T25

Car: 1991 180SX
Blakesilvia wrote:
Garrett GT2871RS
Garrett GT2871RS

Garrett GT2871RS

Garrett GT2871RS

Garrett GT2871R ftw !!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8